Marked client's table!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lindabop

Reaction score
Can not believe it! Managed to put a cotton pad with d sperse or d solve on it on a clients table and it removed the varnish of the table! Soooooo annoyed with myself,I even put my waterproof cover on the table but the cotton pad obviously wasn't on the cover! So mad with my self! Client was really lovely about it and said not to worry! But I am and so annoyed at myself for being so stupid!
Any one else done anything like this? If so what did you do about it!

I've never done this as I'm not mobile but can you claim it on your insurance?
These things happen. Don't beat yourself up. X

oh no, it's done and dusted now and theres no going back so (easier to say than do but) don't worry about it. I bought a manicure table that folds down into a carry case because i had a girl over to do my nails before i started up and she put her metal case on my dining room table and dragged it off to pick it up and scratched it a little bit, only a little bit but i just thought... gosh i never want to do that! :hug:

oh no, it's done and dusted now and theres no going back so (easier to say than do but) don't worry about it. I bought a manicure table that folds down into a carry case because i had a girl over to do my nails before i started up and she put her metal case on my dining room table and dragged it off to pick it up and scratched it a little bit, only a little bit but i just thought... gosh i never want to do that! :hug:

I know I feel so bad! But she was really lovely about it!
What table do u have and do u take stools/chairs as well?

I've done this :( was absolutely mortified!! Thankfully it was only the tiniest corner of the kitchen table where I had missed my mat. My client was also really good about it (table was pretty well used and a bit scuffed up) but I was still so annoyed at myself. It happens though, especially working with the products we do and also in other peoples homes where we can't always set up exactly as we'd like. Try not to worry about it too much, its a hard lesson to learn, but you'll never do it again and accidents happen, you're only human. Hugs xx

I'm so mad with myself,don't think I'm gonna sleep! Thank u fr ur kind comments!

I'm so mad with myself,don't think I'm gonna sleep! Thank u fr ur kind comments!

when i'm in that mood i watch a disney film with a hot chocolate! always makes me feel better! x

Hello there,

May I offer a small but useful suggestion..
If you are going mobile & dont have one of those folding tables at the moment & are going to be using your clients table, just get one of those table clothes you can put under.

It doesnt have to be an expensive one just one that you can use from one client to another & just sanitize with an anti bacteria solution & wipe it down before you set up & if by accident something spills or you get some nail polish on it then it wont hurt you knowing that something of the clients personal belongings got ruined!

It happens, we are all humans. Even machines have malfunctions. :green:
Hope this helped & good luck!:)

Oh god u feel awful don't u! Not done it to a clients table but have done it to my own (hubby NOT happy lol) but I did manage to drip spray tan on a clients cream carpet:O
These things do happen but I understand your mortification! Hugs x

Aww sugar. It happens, there isnt anything you can do now. Just take it as a learning curve :) Im sure everyone on here has had a situation where they have left an appointment a bit ashamed about something they have done or said, I know I have! Xo :) you arn't alone. Don't sweat it girlie.

It happened to me a few weeks ago and I was mortified! I tipped some gel remover in a bowl but spilt a bit but had two towels down so thought I'd be ok, when I was packing up my towel was stuck to the table😳
I said I'm so sorry I think there is a mark, I kind of know the lady and she was ok the table was quite marked of her daughters nail varnish remover but I still felt terrible!
:(. X

I have a folding nail table and customers are usually ' it's ok you don't need to put that up we can do them at my table'. I politely refuse saying if something is spilled ect plus I find regular tables too wide and the position if doing over the corner is all wrong.
I would way get yourself a table ASAP. Stools from B&M are only a few pounds and fold away.

I have a smart roadster and get everything in it. I:)

Vicki x

I once dripped some spray tan lotion on the floor, I was soooo lucky that it dropped onto the clients brown floor boards and not her rug! Still felt like a complete unprofessional numpty wiping it up.
It happens to a lot of us, Hope you didnt lose too much sleep.

Think I'm gonna buy one of those tables!

I have a folding nail table and customers are usually ' it's ok you don't need to put that up we can do them at my table'. I politely refuse saying if something is spilled ect plus I find regular tables too wide and the position if doing over the corner is all wrong.
I would way get yourself a table ASAP. Stools from B&M are only a few pounds and fold away.

I have a smart roadster and get everything in it. I:)

Vicki x

Hi what table do you have? Doing a bit of research into tables! What is B&M have never heard of it? Must go google it!

We are all human, we make mistakes, at least you didnt have a hag of a client who responded badly.

Feet up, its Friday! Have a wine and dont dwell on it, it could have been a lot lot worse!

Hi what table do you have? Doing a bit of research into tables! What is B&M have never heard of it? Must go google it!

My table was from fleabay. £65. But it does fold flat, kidney shaped and came with a carry bag. I have had it two years and its been used and abused and still going strong.
B&M is a cheapie store. Great for bits n bobs.
Vicki x

when my friend used to do nails alongside her hairdressing she used to use clients ironing board and put a cloth over it or towel...its the right width and can be adjusted to whatever height according to chairs being used!!

I have one of those cheap folding tv tables from argos cost about £10. Its small lightweight & perfect. I just do all my prep work then put the uv lamp on as you do not have loads of room on it & I find it easier working on the clients hand while they are resting over the lamp if this makes sence.

I have one of the more professional folding ones like people refer to off ebay, used it once its so heavy & on wheels so useless if the client has wood floors. I only ever use it if the client is coming to me.

Buy Argos Value Range Single Folding Tray Table- Natural Finish at Argos.co.uk - Your Online Shop for Coffee and occasional tables, Coffee and occasional tables.

I have one of those cheap folding tv tables from argos cost about £10. Its small lightweight & perfect. I just do all my prep work then put the uv lamp on as you do not have loads of room on it & I find it easier working on the clients hand while they are resting over the lamp if this makes sence.

I have one of the more professional folding ones like people refer to off ebay, used it once its so heavy & on wheels so useless if the client has wood floors. I only ever use it if the client is coming to me.

Buy Argos Value Range Single Folding Tray Table- Natural Finish at Argos.co.uk - Your Online Shop for Coffee and occasional tables, Coffee and occasional tables.

Can't see it silly iPad will have a look later! What do you sit on?

Latest posts

Back