Married or not ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Married or not ?

• Yes and glad about it

Votes: 100 62.1%
  • Yes but sorry I am

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • No and glad about it

Votes: 12 7.5%
  • No but wish I was

Votes: 29 18.0%
  • Never wanted to get married

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Just happy being single

Votes: 11 6.8%

• Total voters

adelekeegan1

Chatty geek
Reaction score
I often notice on here that people refer to 'other half' 'partner' 'boyfriend' 'him indoors' and sometimes 'husband'

Just wondered how many of you were married or not as the case may be, and why.

I've been married twice, once for 10 years and now for 20. I shall stick with this one as I quite like the surname:lol:

I am married.. have been for a few years. He is my first husband - and last. I wouldn't do it again if you paid me :green:

I did vote 'yes and glad of it' though, because I wouldn't kick him out. He can cook, clean and build things... he is very handy :)

I always wanted to get married.
And we have referred to each other as wife and hubby for some years now, especially now that we have kids and because we pay taxes like married people but without the benefits.

But... we were getting all settled.... 3yrs into our relationship/living together.. and "WHOOOPS" I got preggers. Well, I refuse to have a gunshot wedding. Sooo... dealt with mommyhood... Had maternity leave... went back to work... "OH ****" I was preggers again (yes, those are the EXACT words I used when I saw the test results LOL)
Ok, so it's still not in the cards or in the budget. Fine.

Number 2 is born: hubby decides we need a house for the kids. City living and aparments are YUCKY!! So there is yet another expense interfering with wedding plans.
Move into new house: RENOVATIONS, painting, moving expenses....
You know the drill.

So, here I am nearly 10yrs into our relationship and FINALLY we're tying the knot.
Ok, we did things backwards. But, it works for us
:lol:

I am engaged... but not to be married if that makes sense! hehe...

Happy been engaged, will get married one day! No dates or plans as of yet! Probs get married in about 10 year!

xx

I am married and happy about it too ... well most days! There are obviously times when I could cheerfully put a pillow over his head ... but overall we have a pretty good time together :)

Having James after 5 years of marriage brought us very close, as we had that initial time of getting to know each other properly. My previous marriage I was pregnant within 6 weeks of being married, sick for most of the pregnancy and tied and grumpy for the next three years.. our marriage didn't stand a chance really.

This one is definitely for keeps.. after 11 years of being together (married for 9) I love him more than ever now. :hug:

we only got married last sept in las vegas (not an elvis in site) - we have been together 10 yrs - so I never thought we would
He has always said he would only marry me in vegas & was safe as I was scared of flying
Friends got fed up waiting & paid for me to go a fear of flying course
Then 10 months later - 20 family & friends came out to vegas

I am still getting used to the new name as it took me 3 months to change as it is not great - I have to spell my first name & surname now.

It has not changed anything us, just have a wedding to pay off now

Never again - it was more stressful than moving. I guess as we had to organise it abroad over email & reception back here

==============

Cherry
Everything happens for a reason

yep thats me done and dusted and very happy about it to:hug:

I am married but have been separated for seven years! Would quite like to get divorced but it's no big deal, it has stopped me from getting re-married, at least!

:eek: trust me to be complicated!!! There wasnt a box for this so I couldnt vote (not surprised there wasnt a box for it mind!! lol)

I am married, still officially Mrs Lee Chapman, although the divorce is at the courts and my absolute is imenent!

I am also engaged to the lovely Claire, (claireabella) and hoping to marry in November, obviously the Absolute is kind of imperitive for this!! lol

My first marriage was destined to never work, I married a chap to keep my family happy, had a stereotypical golf course wedding (euwww!!) unbeknown to my parents the said chap was more fond of the chaps as I was the ladies so it was a slightly odd marriage!! Which we gave up on after leading seperate lives for 2 years!!

Hey ho, ya couldnt make it up could ya!!! But this is me!!

Next wedding will not be a mistake nor a golf course affair!!! (sincerely doubt my family will be there either lol) will be a lovely heartfelt affair in a registery office will a big bash, gobson stylee afterwards!! (gobson is our collective nicknames!! short for gobby Hobsons!!) Am sensing 80s cheesy music will be a part of it somehow!! lol And this time I will smile from the inside out with happiness and pride!! (pass the bucket!! lmao)

:green:

I'm married and happy about it!

I'm only 23, I met my hubby on the 1st Jan 2005 (love at first sight), We got engaged 1st March 2005 (3 months later) Wedding was a year later on 1st March 2006. So we've been married 2yrs and i absolutely adore him. He's my best friend!!!

We've put up with all the doubts you can imagine & all the sneers because of our age and the quickness of everything but were stronger because of it!

No kids of our own but we do foster on a respite basis for the abused kids that REALLY need a safe home!

xxx

Hmmm, well I am not married and I think I have grown up enough over the passed few years to realise that whether we are or not isn't really a big deal. Most of my friends are married with children and because they were, I wanted the same. The thing was, we were going through so much crap (some of you may recall) that marriage certainly wasn't a good idea. I think we have weathered the storm now though. Of course there will always be times when you want to get away from each other :green: but on the whole its just great. Marriage??? Who knows, I am not opposed to it all and I guess it would be quite nice to be someones "Mrs" LOL, but for me/us the big thing is that get on and continue to grow.

I must be the only one to have voted never wanted to be lol...

My mum was with my dad from the age of 15 until I was about 19...so 21 years ish altogether, But they never married,
She always told me marrige was crap !
So I grew up beliving it....then when I was about 22 she had by then met another feller, and married him :eek:
was sat at the back shaking my little head !!

I still now dont ever want to be married....and I have been with my "boyfriend" on and off for 15 years I have 2 children with him.

Most of my mates are now married...its just not my thing.
I am a marrigephobic !

Married twice. Happy being single now.
Always on the lookout for a potential ex-husband:)

I voted married and glad! I met my husband when I was 19 and tbh wasn't looking for a long-term relationship, but hey! When we talked about the future we decided if we were going to leave our parents homes and set up home together we might as well go the whole hog and get married as well..... So I left my parents house on the morning of my wedding and when we got back off honey moon we moved into our little house together at the grand age of 21!! How very old-fashioned, lol!

We were married 7 years before having children and tbh, we needed that time to just be together. It's given us a strong base....... He does irritate me - I could stab him on a weekly basis, but I love him more, lol..... We've been married 17 years this November :eek:!

Potted history for you :)

I married at 21 have 3 girl eldest being 25yrs been maried 27 yrs in july .
never a crossed word, a marriage made in heaven. like my husband say's you'd get less for life.:hug: lol thg

I'm married!!! Been together almost 8 yrs on 21st june, & will be married 7 yrs on the 16th june!!! How time flies!! Two boys , two dogs, three fish tanks, two cars, house, bills, ups & downs just to name a few & were still going strong!! Feel older though, lol!!! :)

Well Im the other one who has never wanted to get married.

I dont think there is anything wrong with being married if thats what you want...but being married just isnt my bag. I understand that it's a symbol of your love for both parties involved...but to me...a bit of precious metal and piece of paper really doesnt mean anything. Im in a long term relationship and Im very happy in it.. and to me, if this relationship is meant to be...then it will be regardless..

But that all said I do like attending weddings ...so Im glad that others are of a differet opinion to me...because I love a a good ol' knees up lol..

Last edited:
Hi
I am married but it took me 10 years to decide if I could put up with him lol

Sue :)

Happily married here

He does irritate me - I could stab him on a weekly basis, but I love him more, lol.....
lmao Vetty, ditto that :lol:

I'm married and happy (most of the time lol), like Vetty, I do get my 'sharp implement' moments but most of the time we're very good together. Married 19 years this August and been together 21 years last March :eek:

Latest posts

Back