Mascara absorbed by the eyes??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeautyBombshell

Reaction score
I sent my two yummy mummy sisters to a spa for a day where they both had a facial and back massage.

One of my sisters asked how to get rid of puffy eyes/dark circles. The therapist told her that if you don't remove your mascara at night it gets absorbed into the eye forming a 'black jelly' inside the eye that can only be removed by surgery.

My sister doesn't always remove her mascara so she's terrified but I've never heard of this?? Does anybody know if this is true??

was the therapist on drugs at the time????

im no make up expert but I doubt that is true. there is plenty of people who dont wear mascara who have dark circles.

i heard once that touche eclat has some kind of fatty oil in it which gets absorbed into the eyes, causing baggy eyes, and surgeons need to operate to remove the stuff. i know a lot of people who wont use touche eclat because of this.

What!! Wow,i've never heard that one before :) It does raise an interesting question though as people often ask me what causes dark circles and i'm not convinced that they come from lack of sleep etc, I think it's seems to be more of a genetic thing. Might scare people into taking their make-up off by telling them this story!!xx
Posted via Mobile Device

I sent my two yummy mummy sisters to a spa for a day where they both had a facial and back massage.

One of my sisters asked how to get rid of puffy eyes/dark circles. The therapist told her that if you don't remove your mascara at night it gets absorbed into the eye forming a 'black jelly' inside the eye that can only be removed by surgery.

My sister doesn't always remove her mascara so she's terrified but I've never heard of this?? Does anybody know if this is true??

What a load of garbage,talk about scare mongering,silly therapist.
Puffy dark circles are in fact blood vessels and fluid build up that are close to the skins surface.

It is advisable to remove your eye make up but not to use too much cleanser and also to limit the amount of eyecreams used as this can lead to puffyness.Less is more in this area as it can build up and there have been reports of surgeons removing deposits of eye creams when perferming eye surgery.

I know a lot of guys who have dark circles and pffy eyes,and I know that none of them wear mascara so the whole thing just doesn't ring true.

I also recommend having a good quality pillow or two,not being too flat in other words because this can lead to fluid building up around the eyes,we want it to drain away.

Lack of sleep and too much alcohol can lead to puffy,tired eyes too as can genes.HTH a little

and it helps to massage ur eye cream in gently, use ring finger light pressure i tell my clients

I might comment when I can stop laughing!

:lol:

He he :) thats a good one.
I bet she actually believes it herself. x

The only time when my mascara makes dark circles under my eyes - is when I'm washing it off :D

lol thats hilarious, ive never heard anything like that before

I always thought that if your black circles arent hereditory (sp?), it was because of toxins etc that have built up there. When im sick or feeling sluggish my eyes are dark, but when im better and healthier its gone.

Dont think its to do with sleep, when i see people realy tired the under eyes look redy/pinky, andyone else noticed that?

Cant believe there someone out there that telling people this! lol

Xx

I reckon the therapist was on crack at the time lol

Didn't the aliens (or whatever they were) have black blobs crawling out of their eyes in the X Files? Maybe they'd been wearing too much mascara!

Oh noooo, I'm scared now...Had an unexepected late night yesterday and didn't take my mascara off. I can feel the blob inside growing as I type this!!!!!!!:D

Haha! I thought it sounded ridiculous, just wanted confirmation. Thanks everyone x x

What!! Wow,i've never heard that one before :) It does raise an interesting question though as people often ask me what causes dark circles and i'm not convinced that they come from lack of sleep etc, I think it's seems to be more of a genetic thing. Might scare people into taking their make-up off by telling them this story!!xx
Posted via Mobile Device

Agreed about the lack of sleep thing but i thought it was mainly a build up of toxins in the body due to poor diet,caffeine etc? This can be eliminated through massage techniques and also improving diet (doing a detox for your body too is good from time to time) But I do agree that for some people it must be more hereditary as some are very bad

Lisa

I was led to believe that as we age the skin below the eye thins and this makes the blood vessels more visible, hence the darker shading. If the person is fairly young then it is probably a genetic condition.

But to be on the safe side, I'm off to take my mascara off! (lol)

Latest posts

Back