Megamix nails. Create your own gel polish colours with eyeshadows, nail polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've just placed my order! I've been watching this thread for sometime, and have decided to go for it. I can't wait to try married to mauve as a gel!

I've just placed my order! I've been watching this thread for sometime, and have decided to go for it. I can't wait to try married to mauve as a gel!

that is no1 on my list!!

Hello. I'm about to order, it all sounds very exciting! I use Gelish at the moment. Am I ok using my foundation and TIO or do I need to order the base and too coat to complement the megamix gel?

Also, I would be using a gel brush for application...do you just wipe it after use and the colour comes away or does it stain the brush? Worried about application really.

TIA

Syncage

When I started to post out gels they used to ask me at the post office what it was and scan a bar code. Now they don't bother :)

I did post them form Warrington once and the lady insisted on putting the label you mentioned on each packet, maybe they just don't have those stickers at my post office.

I don't worry too much as even thought the product is a gel ( of which I can only send 4 in any one envelope each up to a maximum of 30ml )

My product is not flammable ( so does not need the flammable warning on it) and classes as none hazardous ( so no need for skull and cross bones lol) and so even though it is lumped in the same category as nail polish it is very different.

Thanks for bringing it to my attention though. it is a mine field which is why i am struggling with Australia and Canada with what i can and cannot send and which service or courier to use.

keep mixing
Martin

Hello. I'm about to order, it all sounds very exciting! I use Gelish at the moment. Am I ok using my foundation and TIO or do I need to order the base and too coat to complement the megamix gel?

Also, I would be using a gel brush for application...do you just wipe it after use and the colour comes away or does it stain the brush? Worried about application really.

TIA
You can use foundation and TIO if you just want to just trial MegaMix but the amazin base and amaze glaze are really great products in their own right and a bargain ( way cheaper than your gelish counterparts)

you can use a gel brush ( you need to clean it in alcohol or acetone afterwards) perhaps try a cheap one ( not your best if you are worried) or use the brush out of an old gel polish bottle ( I'm working on problem solving a solution right now:) )

Don't be scared just go for it you will not be disappointed:)

:)

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1392306550.516115.jpg

This is Vinylux locket love on the left mixed with megamix and in the right is just the Vinylux, went on better this time but needed 3 coats, it looks a little different from the actual polish but personally think it looks better than the normal Vinylux
Tracy x

CND Master painter

You can use foundation and TIO if you just want to just trial MegaMix but the amazin base and amaze glaze are really great products in their own right and a bargain ( way cheaper than your gelish counterparts)

you can use a gel brush ( you need to clean it in alcohol or acetone afterwards) perhaps try a cheap one ( not your best if you are worried) or use the brush out of an old gel polish bottle ( I'm working on problem solving a solution right now:) )

Don't be scared just go for it you will not be disappointed:)

:)

Thanks Martin. Ordered just the gel for now and will have a play around with it. Will come back and order the base and top coats in due course.

Thanks for the tips also
Natalie

View attachment 56156

This is Vinylux locket love on the left mixed with megamix and in the right is just the Vinylux, went on better this time but needed 3 coats, it looks a little different from the actual polish but personally think it looks better than the normal Vinylux
Tracy x

CND Master painter
looks good what ratio did you use ?
i think you could have stretched it and added a little more locket luv maybe 60 polish 40 gel or if you are feeling really daring 70 polish 30 gel ( maybe for the final coat )

just keep mixing :)

looks good what ratio did you use ?
i think you could have stretched it and added a little more locket luv maybe 60 polish 40 gel or if you are feeling really daring 70 polish 30 gel ( maybe for the final coat )

just keep mixing :)

I did 50/50 but them added a extra bit if locket love for the 3rd coat,

CND Master painter

Is it 2min for base, gel and topcoat?

Is it 2min for base, gel and topcoat?
Actually you may get away with just one minuet for base coat because it is clear and easy for the light to penetrated. I use led and just do 30 30 30

IMAG0259_1_1.jpg

MegaMix Married to Mauve! Two coats. I think my mix ratio was about 60V/40M

Mixed it up in a shot glass and didn't have any issues with it separating or forming a skin and I was working pretty slowly!

I found it a little challenging to apply - as is any product when you are getting used to it!

It laid down thicker than I'm used to with shellac and I had to tease it out, the colour shrunk back a little so I recapped before putting in the lamp. I tried using both gel brush and a shellac polish brush. Think I prefer using a polish brush.

I used Shellac Base Coat and Amaze Glaze Top Coat so i'm hoping I will get the best of both worlds when it comes to durability and removability!

I tried using a China glaze holographic lilac polish, but when curing it faded to grey, maybe something to do with the holo effect maybe ?

Please excuse my hideously short and neglected nails but wow this is fantastic! Martin it's brilliant! I've used 50/50 CND Plumville.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1392394253766.jpg
    1392394253766.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 375
Here's another done with neon pigment. Need to get the mix ratio right as three coats and not completely opaque but I'm still really pleased. The photo is much brighter than in real life as got flash on camera.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1392396452859.jpg
    1392396452859.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 347

Latest posts

Back