Minimist Spray Tan Gun - Hampshire Help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karren

Reaction score
am getting extremely fed up now with my gun and settings - have tried various ways from advice and my friends on here etc - i need to go to someone local or have someone local to me come and help me with my frustrations

anyone ?

can anyone out there who's near to me whiteley Fareham, Southampton (hampshire) fancy coming and helping me

please please please pm me

many thanks

kxx

Have pm'd you

Hi Karren, have you done a spray tan course? If so, contact your trainer who should be able to help you with the problems you are experiencing. If you haven't done a course I would say it is a must as you will learn so much more (or should do) than how to do a spray tan.

Good luck, hope you sort it out.

yes, sorry should have mentioned, i have been on a training course (i dont offer anything in my salon unless i have had training - i love learning / training and helping) - thats a bit of a sore point .. i was told just to leave the gun where it had been marked - she no longer trains for them and there doesn't appear to be a trainer in my area

having already spent out alot of money on travelling to her and the training i do not want to have to pay out again but if all else fails i will drive to my friend in essex

im just not getting it - 2 simple blooming dials mad huh ! the only way for me is face to face and seeing it - everyone is really helpful here but thats the way i tend to pick things up being shown !

thanks though babe :hug:

kx

Hi Karren, have you done a spray tan course? If so, contact your trainer who should be able to help you with the problems you are experiencing. If you haven't done a course I would say it is a must as you will learn so much more (or should do) than how to do a spray tan.

Good luck, hope you sort it out.

yes, sorry should have mentioned, i have been on a training course (i don't offer anything in my salon unless i have had training - i love learning / training and helping) - thats a bit of a sore point .. i was told just to leave the gun where it had been marked - she no longer trains for them
Since ownership of the brand we have been initiating an ongoing programme of education with trainers previously appointed by the original owners in an endeavour to bring them up to speed with new thinkings,methods,a standardisation across the country as well as many other topics,which we as the new owners believe to be of more benefit to trainees.

Those trainers unable or willing to adapt to this ever ongoing evolution of providing better training have unfortunately had to be let go.

and there doesn't appear to be a trainer in my area

There is in fact a new trainer appointed for this area who is more than adequately versed in providing standards of training that meet both our and our customers high expectations.

having already spent out alot of money on travelling to her and the training i do not want to have to pay out again but if all else fails i will drive to my friend in Essex

Karren if you would like some top up training we would be only to pleased to do this for you with our compliments.

I'm just not getting it - 2 simple blooming dials mad huh ! the only way for me is face to face and seeing it - everyone is really helpful here but thats the way i tend to pick things up being shown !

thanks though babe :hug:

kx

Hi Karen,
given your location it's going to be extremely difficult for someone to show you face to face kind of thing how to adjust output volumes etc.

Whilst it may be daunting it really is not that difficult once you have been given a little guidance and in most cases this can be Delta with through a telephone conversation with you at one end with gun in hand and an instructor providing direction.

I have done this myself many a time and generally speaking the exercises works well.

Alternatively if you wish I will do a search on our system to locate the nearest salon to you that uses this machine and "sweet talk" them into allowing you to call in to them so that they can show you the ropes.
Let me know your preferred option

Last edited:
Could you post your gun to 'someone':wink2: to maybe set up if you cant find anyone local?

amb xx

Karren if you want to PM me your number i will ring you and see if we can sort it out over the phone.

I know loads of useful/useless info about the minimist. :green:

thanks amb ! lol :hug: that wouldnt help me with understanding it ! lol

collin - have just spoken to tonilee on the phone whos explained things i didnt know which have helped already - am going to try and play with again it to see though i have to say with very little guide colour it does make it a little more difficult

i have asked previously for documentation / manuals for my equipment but to date have not received anything - that im sure will help too - britta has just mailed me and i have requested once more

perhaps in the meantime you could tell me what the black dial (only turns from 12 o clock to 3 o clock) above the silver solution dial is for ?

if there is anyone local to me who is happy to meet up - i would still appreciate it ... and happy to treat you to a full body tan

thanks

kx

That is the fan width adjuster.

At 12oclock is the widest and 3oclock is the smallest (sprays in a dot)

hth

perhaps in the meantime you could tell me what the black dial (only turns from 12 o clock to 3 o clock) above the silver solution dial is for ?

That is your width adjuster screw.. it does only turn 1/4 turns .... put a roll or couch paper on your wall or booth and start adjusting that dial and see the difference between turns. It should be about a 4inch width to be at optimum setting spraying between 4 - 6 inches away from the wall.

Have a go at that Karren. :hug:

where should it be jen / gemma ? where would you set it ?

dont laugh but i thought that was to control the air ... i didnt know about the air dial on the compressor !:irked:

kx

That is your width adjuster screw.. it does only turn 1/4 turns .... put a roll or couch paper on your wall or booth and start adjusting that dial and see the difference between turns. It should be about a 4inch width to be at optimum setting spraying between 4 - 6 inches away from the wall.

Have a go at that Karren. :hug:

where should it be jen / gemma ? where would you set it ?

dont laugh but i thought that was to control the air ... i didnt know about the air dial on the compressor !:irked:

kx

mine was set up to 12o;clock

Yes i have mine at set at 12 o clock too,
hope you are getting some where with it now hun :hug:

You will know if its set wrong as you will be spraying thing stripes on you clients. :eek:

thank you ... i shouldnt have been surprised but am feeling warm and fuzzy inside from the pms and emails ive received and eagerness to come to my rescue and help me out of this frustrated stressful state ... i really really do appreciate it and hope i can get to grips with it and pop my toys back in the pram !

i hope it goes without saying but if i can help anyone with anything in return .... just holla !

will let you know how i get on :hug:

kx

The power of the geek is fabulous isnt it?!! Happy to help chuck xxx

thanks amb ! lol :hug: that wouldnt help me with understanding it ! lol

i have asked for documentation / manuals for my equipment - that im sure will help too - britta has just mailed me and i have requested once more

if there is anyone local to me who is happy to meet up - i would still appreciate it ... and happy to treat you to a full body tan

thanks

kx

Hi Karren the manuals where sent a few months ago by courier but if it was not you who signed for them lI am sorry to hear....Just let me know and I will send another lot out to you :hug:

Last edited by a moderator:
Could you post your gun to 'someone':wink2: to maybe set up if you cant find anyone local?

ABM xx

Good idea :idea:but the dials need to be constantly reset as they do have a tendency to move so unfortunately this doesn't work.:eek:

In addition to this operators styles and speed of hand movement vary from individual to individual and consequently the settings on the gun need to be set specifically to the individual concerned.

Likewise as your confidence and therefore speed of application increases further adjustments to the guns output need to be made.

Ongoing adjustments are therefore part of the daily/weekly routine of any spray tan operator.

Hi Karren the manuals where sent a few months ago by courier but if it was not you who signed for them lI am sorry to hear....Just let me know and I will send another lot out to you :hug:

no babe havent received any manuals for any of the equipment - they didnt come with the certificate you sent out to me recently either, just the marketing and reference manual

kx

no babe havent received any manuals for any of the equipment - they didnt come with the certificate you sent out to me recently either, just the marketing and reference manual

kx

No probs will send them out again :hug:

Latest posts

Back