Minx ~ Applying Clients Own...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

~Jenny~

Reaction score
Afternoon Geeks!

Quick question for you....

I've had a call from a lady who asked to book in for Minx on hers and her friends fingers, I explained that I pre-order most designs so the earliest I could do them would be Saturday if I ordered them straight away.

I then had a text from the lady to ask how much it would be for me to put her own Minx on as she ordered some yesterday so should arrive tomorrow morning.

I don't really mind doing the nails for them, but my question is....

How much would you charge??

I usually charge £20 for minx on fingers.

xx

sorry i cant offer any advice on price but a word of warning from previous experience, i would double check if its deffo minx she has ordered as she may turn up with some other similar product which you may or may not be happy to use.

I agree with twinkle toes it may well be something "like" minx and if it is minx they prob payed more than what your charging for minx and aplication lol

moraly it is up to you if you want to do a client with there own bought product, you could ask how much they payed and then gently explaine by doing that and paying you they are paying way more than if they had got u in first place , try to encurage them not to again BUT it could be they are the type to buy it them selfs all the time and just want to see how you do it , in that case they would do this weather you did it or not,

if you do decided to do it and you normaly charge 20 then I would charge maybe 15 each as you would be doing both at same time?

they are paying for your PREP, sanitation , travle, time and experince to ,

IIU would never pre order I always have top sellers and more in stock usually about 10-15 dif dedigns to choose. I just let then pick at their appointment. If I were to order specific design then I would require £10 deposit and they pay p&p. You don't want to be left with an unpopular pattern ( as it obv would be or why else would you not have it in yourself) .

I would not apply clients own, if I were I'd charge the same you pay for my time and skill.

Xxx

IIU would never pre order I always have top sellers and more in stock usually about 10-15 dif dedigns to choose. I just let then pick at their appointment. If I were to order specific design then I would require £10 deposit and they pay p&p. You don't want to be left with an unpopular pattern ( as it obv would be or why else would you not have it in yourself) .

I would not apply clients own, if I were I'd charge the same you pay for my time and skill.

Xxx

Same. If I were to use Minx the client had provided I would charge the same. If they said anything then I just wouldn't book the appointment. I'm mobile donuts not worth me going for less.

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek

I have built up a range of designs, but I always give clients the option of choosing any design they like whether I have it or not and will order it for them.....I wouldn't want my client seeing a design elsewhere then be unhappy that I hadn't offered them that design (because I didn't have it already/it wasn't a top seller etc.) I personally wouldn't charge them p&p when I am able to get around 3 sets from 1 sheet and making such a good profit from a Minx service. To me it's about more than making money, it's also about good customer service.

Having said that, to answer the original question, I would charge her full price. You offered to order her choice of design it was her decision to go ahead and buy her own. She has put you in an uncomfortable position which is unfair. I would also make sure I used one whole minx per finger so she won't be able to use the sheet several times :lol:

If it was someone I knew I would do it! I have a friend who I do most treatments too and she used to be a beauty therapist, she has never asked me to do minx on her but she had mentioned previously she seen a TNW design she really liked. So if she bought that I would apply it for her at a reduced cost.
Iv had a few clients previous ask if I can do their nails with one of their polish as they like it and I have done and didnt charge any less and they didnt question it at all

If I were you I would do it and not charge any less, and then its better for you as you didnt have the added cost of buying the minx in the first place for her :lol:

Thank you for your replies...
I do have a selection of the designs, I would say currently around 15 different ones, but as minx is not one of my most popular treatments (dont get me wrong clients love it but I wouldn't put it in my top 3 services) I decided that I would offer an pre-order service seeing as Sweet Squared are so good at sending things out quickly.
They have said they have Minx, I will ask where they bought so no doubt will hear ebay somewhere!!!
I have a home based studio so clients come to me. I was going to do it for less seeing as I don't have to buy the minx...am I being too soft?! lol!

xx

Yes you are!!! As Karen said above, if a client brought their own polish you wouldn't charge them any less so why should Minx be different?? xx

I think if you are going to charge her less you shouldnt charge her any less than £15, she has prob bought it from ebay for about £10 at least.. So dont charge her something like £10 because it will only of cost her £20 in total, the same as if she was going to get a £20 minx treatment from you, and then shes always gonna go buy her own!
If you charge her £15+ she will have lost out by paying more in the end..and wont go buy her own again!

Suspect your lady bought her Minx from eBay. I'd charge slightly less than the £20, maybe just knocking a couple of pounds off. As said by other professionals here you're doing the prep which we know is the key to Minx staying on and looking good.

I wouldn't do myself out of the work but I'd be cautious and probably prepare a disclaimer that you cannot be responsible for the product itself as you can't guarantee that it's authentic etc.
www. eyecandy2go.com

i would charge her £20! u was going to get the minx that she wanted but she jumped ahead of your and got it herself! she could have just told you the one she wanted and that would be it over and done with! just say ud rather not use it as u dont know were it has come from and would rather use minx from the onlly uk distributor so you can guarante your work! simple as if she hadnt got involve and bought her own it would have save her alot of money! your client will just have to learn her lesson in buying things off ebay wont she! but if you do use hers charge her £20 shell have to be a hell of a cheeky person to challenge you on it! x

Yup, charge her full price OR if you do want to do it cheaper only do it for £2-3 off. If she isn't happy, say your sorry but your normal price is £20 whether they supply or not. This will put her off buying her own again, of possibly knocks off or even paying out more than you can buy them for.

Ask her how much she paid for them, you dont have to tell her how much you get them for.

Latest posts

Back