Minx - how easy is it to 'minx' yourself?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amethyst_Angel

Reaction score
Good morning chaps and chapesses!

Can I just ask - has anyone out there minxed themselves? If so, how easy was this to accomplish?

I'm intending to camp out at S2 HQ overnight in order to be first in the queue to get my minx & lamp on Monday! :green::green::green:

Oh how sad..................... :irked:

I Minxed my toes last week using my hairdryer for heat and it went ok...... One of my big toes is a bit wrinkled on the free edge and a couple of the other free edges are a bit frayed, but I don't have the Minx file yet either........ Generally I'm pretty happy for a first attempt and on myself!

To sum up: tricky but definitely do-able!!!! Here's the pic http://www.salongeek.com/album.php?albumid=317&pictureid=6496

I Minxed my toes last week using my hairdryer for heat and it went ok...... One of my big toes is a bit wrinkled on the free edge and a couple of the other free edges are a bit frayed, but I don't have the Minx file yet either........ Generally I'm pretty happy for a first attempt and on myself!

To sum up: tricky but definitely do-able!!!! Here's the pic http://www.salongeek.com/album.php?albumid=317&pictureid=6496

Bloody Hell Vetty!!!! They're flippin' marvellous!!!!!!!!! :eek:

:hug:

I have to say that at the moment doing my own toes will be out of the question as I can't even reach down there to paint my own toenails!! :irked:

However I'm hoping to get the kit on Monday so I can have a go on my fingernails. My nails aren't particularly long but I'm hoping I'll manage... somehow... ish. :|

Last edited:
I bought the clear to practise on my own nails (fingers). It is a little fiddly on my wrong hand (what isn't) but I got 10 days out of them before the free edge looked a bit scruffy.

I didn't have a lamp, just a hairdrier, which means you can't keep constant heat on them or your nails, which is obviously important. I have got the file which, IMO, essential. HTH

I bought the clear to practise on my own nails (fingers). It is a little fiddly on my wrong hand (what isn't) but I got 10 days out of them before the free edge looked a bit scruffy.

I didn't have a lamp, just a hairdrier, which means you can't keep constant heat on them or your nails, which is obviously important. I have got the file which, IMO, essential. HTH

Thanks, Adele! Very helpful as always! :hug:

Didn't know you could get clear ones. Think that might be the way to go to practice on myself. I have a couple of peeps lined up for practising on other peeps too tho.

But I'd love to start wearing 'adverts' of my services (if you see what I mean!). Unfortunately my allergies have almost put an end to me wearing enhancements on myself. I'd love people to comment on my gorgeous (minxed) nails so's I can then thrust a business card at them! :green:

Im sorry im probably being really dumb but what is "minxed"!!???

At the moment im just doing the normal 'boring' manicures but want to stat looking alot more in to different nail treamtments

I want nicely minxed toes:cry:

nice shiney silver or gold ones YUMMY

I want nicely minxed toes:cry:

nice shiney silver or gold ones YUMMY

Get yourself over here & I'll do them for you......:) (I know it's a long way but you're more than welcome and it'd be good to see you again :hug:)

Get yourself over here & I'll do them for you......:) (I know it's a long way but you're more than welcome and it'd be good to see you again :hug:)

ah hunny thanks so much for the offer i'd love to but tis a wee bit far and no time at the mo xxxxx:hug::hug::hug::hug:

Hey I have just my blowdryer right now too (I am patiently waiting the arrival of the infrared minx lamp i ordered a few weeks ago), and I just make sure that my hands are warm when I start, and then I blow dry the CR&% out of the Minx themselves to get them pretty warm. Then when you put them on, you have to stretch them a little to get that smooth end. I minxed my bad hand yesterday, and the only problem I had was in getting it on sidewall to sidewall- so I went bigger and took my scissors to them. :)

I feel another picture coming on lol...

Im sorry im probably being really dumb but what is "minxed"!!???

At the moment im just doing the normal 'boring' manicures but want to stat looking alot more in to different nail treamtments

Minx is a gorgeous new nail coating (I think you can find more info about it by going onto the Sweet Squared website).

All the celebs are wearing it:- Mrs Geek, Adele, Vetty, to name but a few.... :green:

I can't wait to get my mitts on some as I think it's going to be absolutely brilliant! :green::green::green:

Hey I have just my blowdryer right now too (I am patiently waiting the arrival of the infrared minx lamp i ordered a few weeks ago), and I just make sure that my hands are warm when I start, and then I blow dry the CR&% out of the Minx themselves to get them pretty warm. Then when you put them on, you have to stretch them a little to get that smooth end. I minxed my bad hand yesterday, and the only problem I had was in getting it on sidewall to sidewall- so I went bigger and took my scissors to them. :)

I feel another picture coming on lol...

Oooh piccies would be lovely, Heather!

Although can I just say that I'm very impressed with the fact that so many peeps seem to be managing to minx without the need for the lamps and so on. I'm hoping it might be easier than I think it's going to be!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the silver one!!!!

Thanks for the replies, peeps!

Latest posts

Back