Mobile opportunities in Scratch mag

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Susie H

Reaction score
Please geeks be very careful I am not saying this is a scam but
Page 8 of this months mag has an advert for mobile techs to sign up with a company called Return to Glory.
Last year my daughter signed up with a modeling agency that had the exact same set up, the exact same wording etc
What they say is you give them your mobile number and they will text you when they have work for you. Then you go to the web site, have a look at the work and if you want it, you email your acceptance.
Kay did this on a number of occasions only to be told each time, by text that she had missed out.
Then I got her phone bill:irked:
I was out of pocket for over £175 because its a premium number, like they do with the ring tones.
As I stated at the start I am NOT saying this is a scam, I am simply saying that if you do contact this company please be aware that this type of scam is out there and ask the right questions before giving permission for any company to text you on your mobile.
Check and re check that you know exactly what YOUR costs are going to be.
I have had a look at this company on the company's house web site, I suggest you do to.

Blimey, I hadn't noticed it (only flicked through Scratch at the mo)..... Thanks for the heads up though :hug:

Thanks Susie for the warning....xxxxxxx:hug:

I actually signed up with this company a few weeks back just to see what it was all about after getting a phone call from them..

They are however advertised in the February issue of Professional Beauty also and it seems to be a good review about their plans for the new career opportunities..

Thanks for the advice though :)

xx

Thanx for advice, xxx

I'm sure i saw them advertised on the Guild website too....

I actually signed up with this company a few weeks back just to see what it was all about after getting a phone call from them..

They are however advertised in the February issue of Professional Beauty also and it seems to be a good review about their plans for the new career opportunities..

Thanks for the advice though :)

xx

Thats good to know, so come on then, spill it:lol: are you getting much work from them and how do they get their money, after all they are a business, not a charity.
Have to admit, after I did the company's house search I was a bit em worried?

Thats good to know, so come on then, spill it:lol: are you getting much work from them and how do they get their money, after all they are a business, not a charity.
Have to admit, after I did the company's house search I was a bit em worried?

To be honest, I never actually fully followed the online application through to the end as it was so long winded!!
xx

I saw this last month, Thought it sounded to good to be true!!!!?

Thanks for Posting Susie

Even if this particular ad that you saw is kosher, it's always good to remind people that there are lots of these schemes around, and they usually target the newly qualified who might not see the signs.

:hug:

Thanks for Posting Susie

Even if this particular ad that you saw is kosher, it's always good to remind people that there are lots of these schemes around, and they usually target the newly qualified who might not see the signs.

:hug:

That was the purpose in posting:lol: I did worry that peeps would take it the wrong way, so glad they didn't.

They have actually been round for quite a while but have just re-launched have to say I thought there predicted income was a bit misleading but then it is in London so maybe this is more achievable ?

Could be, not saying its not, what I'm saying is take this as an example, and look at the add.
How do the company make their money? is it by charging you for the text calls they send you? Do they take a percentage? Do they charge the client more then they are paying you? if so then how much?
Its questions to ask them, get all the information up front, what guarantee's are they giving you? Have a look at companies house, is the company a limited company, if it is, is it a £1 or £1000 company? Have they filed their tax returns on time? its important to know because you are going to be linking your name and business to this company and you want them to be as healthy as you are.

:)hi
thanks for the posting:hug:

Could be, not saying its not, what I'm saying is take this as an example, and look at the add.
How do the company make their money? is it by charging you for the text calls they send you? Do they take a percentage? Do they charge the client more then they are paying you? if so then how much?
Its questions to ask them, get all the information up front, what guarantee's are they giving you? Have a look at companies house, is the company a limited company, if it is, is it a £1 or £1000 company? Have they filed their tax returns on time? its important to know because you are going to be linking your name and business to this company and you want them to be as healthy as you are.

They did an article in Professional Beauty Magazine and they take 33% commission of every treatment booked through the site, I will see if the article is on their website.

Professional Beauty and Professional Spa - Latest news

Here you go, see what you think £3000 per month !!!!

I think £3000 a month is pushing it a bit unless they have a massive client base and only a few therapists!

As they charge £55 an hour £70 for 1.5 and £80 for 2 hrs the therapist would take home £36.85 an hour £46.90 for 1.5hrs and £53.60 for 2hrs which sounds good if they can get you the work :)

I prefer working for myself and taking home the full amount but if they have a healthy client base then it is worth it for people who are lacking clients :)

£3000 could be earned by doing three two hour slots five days a week but if you included an hour of travel time between each treatment which is necessary in London then you would be working a full on 8 hour day, nine hours if you gave yourself an hour lunch break.

Last edited:
I think £3000 a month is pushing it a bit unless they have a massive client base and only a few therapists!

As they charge £55 an hour £70 for 1.5 and £80 for 2 hrs the therapist would take home £36.85 an hour £46.90 for 1.5hrs and £53.60 for 2hrs which sounds good if they can get you the work :)

I prefer working for myself and taking home the full amount but if they have a healthy client base then it is worth it for people who are lacking clients :)

£3000 could be earned by doing three two hour slots five days a week but if you included an hour of travel time between each treatment which is necessary in London then you would be working a full on 8 hour day, nine hours if you gave yourself an hour lunch break.

And what if you live in Mable thorpe? or Ramsgate? This is all beside the point
The reason I posted was to alert peeps to the possibility of scams, I did not say this was a scam. in fact I went to a lot of trouble to point out that I was not saying this was a scam, I was saying ASK QUESTIONS because there are a few adds very much like these that are scams .
You should check:
Companies house, this is your business reputation that you are going to link with a company, you want it to be as good as yours.
ie if you tie your name to a company that is not up to date with its tax returns etc and then they go bust, one you will be out of pocket because you can't sue the people who run the company, only the company it self and if its a £1 limited company then you can kiss goodbye to your money
And more damaging as you go about your daily business people will remember YOU THE THERAPIST not the company who sent you. Hook up with a good one and your rep is made, a bad one and you will take years to make it back.
Most importantly check and check again what are the charges that YOU are going to incur.
No one said to Kay give us your mobile number and we'll text you at a cost of £3 per text when we have work for you. They said, we'll text:rolleyes: and they did, 20 times in one day and I think she was lucky because one of those text contacts invited her to come to London for a photo shoot at the playboy mansion. My blood ran cold when she told me, she looks so much like Millie Dowler. And yes we did call the police.
I will say again the purpose for this thread was NOT to say that this company is a scam, I would never set my self up for a law suit in this way. It was to say, check it out, ask questions, do your home work before you go into things like this, just because adverts are placed in reputable mags doesn't mean these mags have checked them out, it means they have paid for an advert. So ring the mags and ask them too, what do you know about these companies? Asking costs you nothing, its lack of knowledge that can cost you your business, your reputation and sometimes a lot more.

Sorry Suzy but I am hurt by your reply which seems to be aimed at my post. I was not saying you were wrong to post! I was replying to Bombini asking what we thought about the £3000 suggested earnings! Which I said sounded like it was possible but very hard work to achieve.

I wasn't trying to upset you. I understand what you were trying to do!:eek: At no point did I critisise your post or your reasoning!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back