Mobile phone etiquette

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adelekeegan1

Chatty geek
Reaction score
I was born in the era of home phones or public call boxes and came to mobiles later than the average bear.

I have adapted nicely but find I can't walk along talking on the phone as I need a drink in one hand and another arm to wave about (it used to have a fag in it but I gave up in March)

If it rings whilst I am out I can never dig it out of my bag quickly enough so I always miss the call

Text is a whole nightmare to me, I find it a soulless impolite way of communicating and dread being asked a question as it takes me longer to text a reply than it would to engrave it in marble.

Apart from that it is fine

Am I alone ?

Adel you make me lmfao !

You are so not alone hun,my mum is worse,she has had a mobile for a couple of years,she never takes it anywhere and when it does ring she still shouts .... wich button makes it stop,pmsl.

I could have shown her how to use it but she wouldn't take any notice,anyhow it's too funny when it rings lol x

i love my mobile i'd be lost without.....my mum always shouts instead of just talking on hers when anyone rings her its drives me mad..:mad:

Hi Adele,

You should get a bag with pockets in it for specific things like a creative bucket bag lol, then you'll know exactly where to find your mobile. Txtin is gr8 he he get someone to show you how to do predictive txt I showed my mum and now she never calls me lol

Sarah xx

Ahh Mums are great arnt they, mine gets her magnifying glass out as she has this trendy phone that she cant see properly! She is only fifty so god knows what will happen in 10 years time, maybe we will have a fully voice activated phone by then!! Bless i love my mum xx

Whenever i get a text mesg on my mob my mum says "oooh, you've got a fax" !!! Bless her!!

My mum is the same, she is only 42 though, she is a right technophobe...hates anything without wires.. even computers she aint got a clue. she has JUST learned how to text on a new colour screen phone.. but she doesnt know how to turn off dictionary and tells everyone just to work it out when we say her texts dont make sense! PMSL!!

My MIL, well dont even go there. If we are round there and my phone goes off, she glares at me! :eek: cos its rude she says. I dont make people call me when I am there specifically.
She is worst than a technophobe.. she cant even record anything on her video. Ali has to go round and press record for her (which isnt good living 30 miles away) we gave her indstructions once how to do it, but still no joy.

Generations are so different though.. technology has come on so much in the last decade, so now, Adele you are not on your own! LOL :hug:

Isnt predictive text great i was telling someone the other day that my goldfish were losing their egos...i meant fins but didnt check before pressing send

Hi Adele,

You should get a bag with pockets in it for specific things like a creative bucket bag lol, then you'll know exactly where to find your mobile. Txtin is gr8 he he get someone to show you how to do predictive txt I showed my mum and now she never calls me lol

Sarah xx

Yeah I've got 2 bucket bags have you any idea how many pockets that is - by the way you lot stop comparing me to your Mums, I am merely a well worn teenager

my dad used to have his mobile on... but only between the hours of 8pm and 9pm.. bless him he would think that his mobile would run out of battery if it was on longer while he was on holiday.(he never went abroad) so like nowhere in england has plug sockets he he he

Isnt predictive text great i was telling someone the other day that my goldfish were losing their egos...i meant fins but didnt check before pressing send

My Mum is really useless at predictive texting...even though Iv shown her dozens of times......the weird thing is..her text hasnt been remotely predicted!!!! :irked: Its a complete jumble and I inevitably end up calling her to find out what in the world she was on about!
:lol:

Yeah I've got 2 bucket bags have you any idea how many pockets that is - by the way you lot stop comparing me to your Mums, I am merely a well worn teenager

I'm gonna start calling you mum all the time now i know you love it :lol: :smack: :lol:

I'm gonna start calling you mum all the time now i know you love it :lol: :smack: :lol:

You horrible person you. I can tell you there is no way you would want me for a Mum :smack:

Housework and ironing are always a last resort if there is absolutely nothing on the telly / I have overdosed on monomer / Have designed a least 3 new bits of nail art / I have run out of wine.

Food is a bit hit and miss. Paul does all the shopping of food and he has very unconventional tastes. I sometimes open that fridge and gaze in wonder at what he has bought this week and how to assemble it into meals.

If there are things like a joint to roast or some chops or chicken portions you would be OK but sometimes I find it all a bit too confusing and resort to freezer or wait until he gets in.
I find it best to open a bottle of wine to pass the time.

I would be no good if you wanted a lift, I have no sense of direction and I never recognize where I am, so don't go outside my own town and in fact get lost in more unfamiliar bits of it.

On the plus side I am kind to other peoples dogs and children for very short spaces of time.

Don't all rush to be adopted !!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG Adele you really DO sound like my mum!

I hate phones full stop. I just like to see a person's face when I'm speaking to them. I too am one of those that can never get the phone out of the bag in time, or I'm upstairs as it's ringing and it's downstairs and I never get there fast enough.

Becki your mum is better than mine, she never has the ruddy thing switched on!

OMG Adele you really DO sound like my mum!

I hate phones full stop. I just like to see a person's face when I'm speaking to them. I too am one of those that can never get the phone out of the bag in time, or I'm upstairs as it's ringing and it's downstairs and I never get there fast enough.

Becki your mum is better than mine, she never has the ruddy thing switched on!

This is all getting too cruel I am going to go off and get my mobile and practise text. I have got predictive text, it just doesnt predict anything I want it to say. It has got a camera though and I take lots of lovely pics to send to peeps. I don't need words then, they know they are from me

Latest posts

Back