Mobile techs, therapists, do you turn mobile off?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ditzy

Reaction score
I was thinking, personally I put my phone on silent in my bag when dealing with a client. What do other mobile therapists do? I feel it's bad manners to answer a phone when someone's paid for your time. However, some people just don't like leaving messages, and you could possibly lose customers.

What do you guys do/think?

This is a big thing for me. I get so cross when I am having anysort of treatment and the therapist answers their cell phone. I have never gone back to a therapist or salon who have done that to me, ott maybe but just feel strongly about it. It's something I won't allow in my place either.

I think the client has paid for that hour or whatever of your time and it should be dedicated to them.

Why not leave a dedicated message on your mobile to the effect, you are dealing with a client and will call back asap and ask them to please leave a message. It wouldn't put me off and as long as I heard from you in a reasonbable time I wouldn't start looking for someone else.

Mine goes on silent as well!!

Definitely on silent....it really is the only professional thing to do for a mobile tech...in my opinion obviously :lol:

Good idea about leaving a message for people to pick up aswell....never thought of that... ( although no-one but my mum would phone me anyway :sad: )....

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I don't put mine on silent but I don't answer it if it rings mid-appointment. Being a nails-only girl it doesn't exactly interrupt a treatment like it would during a facial or massage..... My answerphone message invites people to leave a message because I have 2 mobiles so it's a business message iykwim.

i'm not mobile but do operate my business from my mobile phone, i put it onto silent whenever i'm with a client x

Hi
I also leave my phone on silent as I feel that the client has paid you to pamper them, however, why oh why do clients stop me working on thier nails half way to answer their phone or text this really annoys me.

Sue

I also put my phone on silent when treating a client.I think its good manners really.The client is paying for your time and im sure doesnt want it with the phone ringing or you stopping to answer it.
Ive left a message on my answer phone to a client know i will ring her back asap....also alot of mobiles will now log the last callers number anyway so even if they dont leave a message i can give them a call back.

I have a dedicated message and so long as the number has come up on the phone I will call back even if they don't leave a message.
That said after the calls I've had in the last few days, since I've been listed in the new yellow pages:rolleyes: I'm going to change my message to state that due to time wasters I am no longer picking up to number withheld calls:irked:
It doesn't bother me if a client picks up their phone, so long as its been put on the table and not rummaged for in a bag:irked:
I always do one hand at a time so that my clients can fidget without ruining my work, its easier then getting stressed out, but I respect that they are paying for my time so I never answer my phone, anyway it would slow me down and I'm always looking to improve my time.:green:

I certainly do turn my phones off, and if I'm doing an aromatherapy massage or something equally relaxing I ask my client if they would like to turn theirs off too, so that they can be fully relaxed during their treatment. I don't want either of us to be jangled out of a relaxed state; I would feel that I had failed them.

I always have mine on silent or off

I don't put mine on silent but I don't answer it if it rings mid-appointment. Being a nails-only girl it doesn't exactly interrupt a treatment like it would during a facial or massage..... My answerphone message invites people to leave a message because I have 2 mobiles so it's a business message iykwim.

This is the same for me. I work from home and have my phone on with different ring tones for different people. I would answer it if it was my sons school etc. Otherwise it just rings and I hope I get a message. This is my only means of receiving business calls! I have lost a few customers for not answering while doing a client. :irked: besides they use their phones and I insist they get them out so to be able to answer them without delving wet nails into their bag! that so annoys me.

Silent or switch off; I had a lady on the phone for 25 minutes once before I was going into a client's house. It took me ages to get off the phone - now if I'm on my way into a client's house I will try and not answer the phone if it rings lol!

I have mentioned this on another forum, but there are companies out there that give you a free 0844 number that you can attach to any landline. It means you can use your home number or any other landline (and then divert to your mobile if needed). This tells the caller your busy/on the phone etc and then puts them in a queue, if you dont answer it asks the client to leave a message, if the client dosnt it captures there number so you can call them back.

I find most clients are happy to leave a message with this service.

Or during busy periods get your mum/or a friend whos a stay at home mum to answer your calls or use an office angel. They answer your calls for a small fee and take the details of the client and then you can call them back.

There is also software out there that I think is free to download that you can attach to your website and your outlook appointments and your clients can book online!

I always have my phone on silent when with a client. I think it's rude to interupt their treatment by answering the phone. xxx

I put my phone on meeting (which means it vibrates once when someone calls or messages) and then I put it in my pocket.

There have been a few times I've forgotten and the phones rung - most clients will say 'do you want to answer that'. I say no, apologise to the client for interrupting their service, divert the call to voicemail and then put it on meeting.

The client is paying for your time and service and for it to be taken up by you making more appointments is not on and if I was the client I would be really pissed off if a therapist did it to me. I'd expect that the treatment would go longer to make up for the time the therapist was on the phone or I'd leave or refuse to pay for the treatment and not see the therapist again.

My sisters old nail tech was bad for that. I'd been to her twice getting ready for my sisters wedding and both times she spent most of her time either on the phone to her friends or talking to friends who had dropped in to the salon to see her. It made for a very impersonal experience and I never went to her again even though she was fantastic at nails.

Latest posts

Back