More ways to promote your business

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There some really good ideas people have been giving :) thanks, it's helped alot

Just thought I'd bump this thread up and also add that I've only had my business for five weeks but a little trick to those who have a business Facebook that's set up in a "profile" style (rather than a page)

Facebook has been an excellent tool and the reason I had a virtually fully booked up week last week. Things are quieter this week so I sent a girl that I feel may be a regular, a quick message to say that if she wants to click the "suggest friends" button on my profile and send to all her friends, I'll give her a free file and toe polish when she's in on thursday. 230 friend suggestions later(!) so now I'm buzzing with enquiries, etc again.

I'll keep doing that with different people when I feel that business is going a little quieter! A file and polish is nothing to me compared to the potential new business.

Just thought I'd share x

Just thought I'd bump this thread up and also add that I've only had my business for five weeks but a little trick to those who have a business Facebook that's set up in a "profile" style (rather than a page)

Facebook has been an excellent tool and the reason I had a virtually fully booked up week last week. Things are quieter this week so I sent a girl that I feel may be a regular, a quick message to say that if she wants to click the "suggest friends" button on my profile and send to all her friends, I'll give her a free file and toe polish when she's in on thursday. 230 friend suggestions later(!) so now I'm buzzing with enquiries, etc again.

I'll keep doing that with different people when I feel that business is going a little quieter! A file and polish is nothing to me compared to the potential new business.

Just thought I'd share x

Now thats a great idea, im always adding new people and have about 300 friends but i dont get alot of business through it. The suggest a friend idea is great :) think ill give it a go

Now thats a great idea, im always adding new people and have about 300 friends but i dont get alot of business through it. The suggest a friend idea is great :) think ill give it a go

Thank you :)

It works for me. I don't want to pester them all or they'll just unfriend me so once a week I'll just put a status up saying "I have a few appointments left for..." and then at some point through the week I might upload a photo of a particularly eye catching set of nails and everyone will "like" it and comment. It also makes them think "I'd love those to be mine!"

Just a subtle presence on Facebook keeps people remembering me but not too much

x

This got emailed to me today Employ Her.com - Women a site for business woman to advertise and you get 3months free.

Has anyone tried it?

Im gona have a look through

Just thought I'd share x

Fab idea!! Just setting up so I will defo be going down the Facebook route!! What did we all do before things like Facebook and salon geek!! Lol x

ive been in-contact with the local newspaper who are going to run a competition for a makeover thought it was a good way to get my name out there they will come out and take before and after picture i just need to supply the prize

I put a status in Facebook saying 10% off for every 15 friend adds - well silly me!!! People were suggesting friends here, there and everywhere!! Facebook actually banned me from my profile for 24 hours because it was classed as being a pest! What I failed to realize was that the people suggesting friends were suggesting a many as they could, times this by say 40 people and I ended up with over 300 recommended friends!!!! A few must have declined and activated the ban from Facebook! Oooohhh I won't be doing that again lol!

I put a status in Facebook saying 10% off for every 15 friend adds - well silly me!!! People were suggesting friends here, there and everywhere!! Facebook actually banned me from my profile for 24 hours because it was classed as being a pest! What I failed to realize was that the people suggesting friends were suggesting a many as they could, times this by say 40 people and I ended up with over 300 recommended friends!!!! A few must have declined and activated the ban from Facebook! Oooohhh I won't be doing that again lol!

When I first did it they did temporarily suspend my account but now what I do is wait for the person to accept first and that way it comes to you like theyre sending a request to you so it doesn't count. The rest I'll accept first (obviously some may "ignore" it) but I'll do ten a day for a while and it's not stopped me since

x

Awesome thread! So informative!

ive been in-contact with the local newspaper who are going to run a competition for a makeover thought it was a good way to get my name out there they will come out and take before and after picture i just need to supply the prize

What are you doing for the makeover? Just makeup or hair and nails as well?

Im doing hair ,reiki , facial and nails there will also be a bit that eveyone who enters can leave there details to get sent offers and if the quote the paper they will get a discount on different treatment

Sorry I only just joined but this thread is awesome!

I'm about to start in a city centre salon as a nail tech but I'm trying to build up a mobile business for my local area and some of these suggestions I could really use so thanks so much!!!

*bump* sticky please! nearly lost this thread!! finally got my website to work so now am doing all the promotional things. Leaflets for drops, what do you all put on them and how many do you go post at a time? x

An absolutely brilliant thread. Thanks geeks xxx

I received the book the other day. Just need to stop geeking & get reading, although I have had a quick flick through & looks like it will make for interesting reading.

Did you need to pay for the book?

Sent off for the book and it came today :) will be reading soon x

I would like to ask very nicely for a Sticky to this thread so that people dont have to keep posting just to bump it or find it later on. Pllleeeeaasse:lick:

Latest posts

Back