More ways to promote your business

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you All2hand you are not far from me then! Do you go to Burton often? xx

Found this thread really helpful! I opened my salon last week and looking for lots of ideas to bring them clients in.

Im lucky that where my salon is there are lots of retail parks round it so iv wrote to all of them introducing myself, put some leaflets in the envelope and asked them if they would put them in there staff rooms...worth a shot!

Also my council do advertising on roundabouts (for a price, which im not sure of) and alot of local business' are on there. Just another idea :) xxxx

I have had some leaflets put in the local paper near the salon its cost me £20 for 100 which i didn't think was bad

I have had some leaflets put in the local paper near the salon its cost me £20 for 100 which i didn't think was bad

That's a good price! Who did them for you? Hope you don't mind asking.

That's a good price! Who did them for you? Hope you don't mind asking.

Sorry I typed it wrong my leaflets were from ebay £25 for 1000 and delivery was in the rotherham record for £20 for 1000 so it works out £45 for them printed and delivered

Laura j, what was company o eBay? And what were they like? X

eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

It was these ones I think they have put their price up a little since I got mine still good value though. They were great I sent my design and they checked it over and confirmed everything with me first and then the printed them. I had them with in a week, great quality on lovely glossy paper

OK, so here's my latest wheeze.
Collaborative Loyalty Scheme.
Join forces with a complementary local business and create a loyalty scheme for your joint customers.
Here's how it works.
I've found a local coffee shop that a lot of my customers use called Emma's Coffee Shop.
I have produced a little card with 20 squares on it.
Every time the customer spends £5 either with me or with Emma they get a stamp in the square.
Once they've spent £100 they get £10 to spend in either Emma's or with me.
We both take the hit, so it's actually only costing us a fiver each time someone redeems their voucher.
This way we both benefit, we can cross promote each other, and there is incentive for people to come back again.
We're looking at opening it up to other local businesses too.
Waddya think?!

OK, so here's my latest wheeze.
Collaborative Loyalty Scheme.
Join forces with a complementary local business and create a loyalty scheme for your joint customers.
Here's how it works.
I've found a local coffee shop that a lot of my customers use called Emma's Coffee Shop.
I have produced a little card with 20 squares on it.
Every time the customer spends £5 either with me or with Emma they get a stamp in the square.
Once they've spent £100 they get £10 to spend in either Emma's or with me.
We both take the hit, so it's actually only costing us a fiver each time someone redeems their voucher.
This way we both benefit, we can cross promote each other, and there is incentive for people to come back again.
We're looking at opening it up to other local businesses too.
Waddya think?!

I think thats a great idea I have a room in the a hair salon so that could work for us. Even though we are still in the same building we should work together more

pheww .. have read through all the posts, took me a while lol but some brilliant ideas on this thread

can i ask a question to all those who have tried several of the ideas, which would you say worked best for you?

im planning to do 1 a week for the next 3 weeks and am going to start off with emailing the local schools, golf club etc to offer a free gift voucher for their xmas fundraisers - will let you know how it goes :)

Emailing people for the vouchers really worked a treat 4 me!! X

Have you guys ever heard of Wahanda? I signed up a while back to get beauty offers in my area. You can get listed and people in your area can find you by searching for a particular offer or service. You can offer anything from a free massage to £10 off. It is really good! Maybe sign up there and put an offer up to get more clients? They also send news letters with offers they think might be attractive to you.

THE EXTENSIONIST | Mobile Hair Extensions in London

So what do you say when they ring? Are you giving these vouchers for free? im confused (it doesn't take much!)

Hello,

I just wanted to say I had bookmarked this thread for when I had a bit of spare time.

I have listed my bussiness on all of the sites mentioned, I have also written a letter to all the schools, nurserys and doctors surgerys local to me offering all staff 20% off a treatment, in return i asked them to put a poster up in their staff area. I havent sent the letter yet but I think I will add that if they would like a voucher for a christmas raffle to call me. Id happily give a £10 gift voucher away with a lefalt in the hope to gain a new customer. I will also send the letter tot the local golf clubs.

I havent actually openned my beauty room yet but it will be open in 2 weeks.

Next on my list is doing a leaflet drop, not my favourite thing but I will get my walking boots and coat on.

Thak you for all the tips this thread is amazing!

x

I love this thread, I am working my way through what has been listed and seems to be working. Currently looking to approach local businesses to build a relationship what the best way you guys have gone about this??
-Go into shops
-email
-offer a treatment of their choice?

what should i be asking bit stuck don't want to come across rude or pushy - e.g. To ................... business owner why don't you come in a visit me at my salon for a free manicure and i then in return leave some leaflets at your business ?????

what other things do you guys think or have done to approach this???

hope this makes sense

Just wanna say I did the emailing thing and have already had 4 people claiming my free cut and blowdry and all of them have re-booked! Really pleased and hopefully still got a few to come after the Xmas fayres that I've sent them too! X

Hi ladies

Bit of a random one - I know a lot of people are going down the Groupon route... I used to work for Groupon, and have now moved to Footfall123 - great way of maximising work you do with Groupon and retaining these customers as loyal customers of your own. If anyone wants more info please give me a yell via private message.

Candz
xoxo

hi lynne . i really like your ideas. i already had done some of them at my place and two hotels are willing but i also think of contacting some big shops with clothes offering a voucher. one of them was negative and this was a negative feedback for e but i belive that i have to continue promoting this way. may i ask you something : when you offer vouchers are there completely free or you discuss with a person in charge and offer a special price for them (ex normal price for your facial 30pounds and for this person is 20pounds?)

Latest posts

Back