More ways to promote your business

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fantastic!!

I was wondering if anyone thought this was a good idea: go into schools (16+ ages) to do talks on skincare and tanning etc? I personally am rubbish at talks but others might benefit from promoting their businesses? Also could work in teachers staff rooms or workplaces where they can get a lot of people together maybe. What do you all think?

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek

i was actually thinking of doing the same thing, although i was a little dubious about approaching schools, but i was thinking of doing it for year 11 girls, as they have there proms coming up and it is safer to have a spray tan than use sunbeds.

I think if i did go ahead and do it, i would need to get some facts together about the dangers of sunbeds etc, great idea though x

I love this thread, i have just opened my salon after a break raising my children, and this is such a help, i have got pages marketing and promoting advice from this, so now i am going to put all your advice into action, thank you so so much

Hi chaps!
I've just spent a couple of hours sending emails to all the local golf clubs, day nurseries and independent schools offering a gift voucher for their Christmas Fayres/Raffles/Draws.
Given that of the several hundred pounds worth of gift vouchers I have sold only 3 have been redeemed, I decided that it was worth a gamble. It gets my name into even more local venues (I shall drop off a load of flyers when I drop off the gift voucher) and puts me in a good light in the eyes of the local businesses.
Already I have had one of the clubs ring to take me up on the offer!
Remember to keep promoting your business during these straitened times!
:)

I love your ideas - very inspirational. Thanks :)
quick question though, you say you sold gift vouchers for raffles etc, can you tell me how. I mean was it that you sold a £10 voucher for £10 or a money off voucher for £x??

Thanks
xx

I gave them away for free, and of the many I gave away only three were redeemed. It just got my name out there for not a lot of money!

At the start I wrote out vouchers for a free treatment, but now if I'm giving them away I offer a percentage off a treatment instead.

I gave them away for free, and of the many I gave away only three were redeemed. It just got my name out there for not a lot of money!

At the start I wrote out vouchers for a free treatment, but now if I'm giving them away I offer a percentage off a treatment instead.

Oh ok! Well emails have been sent so fingers crossed! Thanks x

Fantastic!!

I was wondering if anyone thought this was a good idea: go into schools (16+ ages) to do talks on skincare and tanning etc? I personally am rubbish at talks but others might benefit from promoting their businesses? Also could work in teachers staff rooms or workplaces where they can get a lot of people together maybe. What do you all think?

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek

What about setting up classes in the salon and have them come to you - and maybe bring Mum with them too.

I think (but am not 100% sure) that you will need at least the PTTLS qualification if you're going into schools, and you may even need to be CRB checked too.

Love this thread Lynne. You are an inspiration. I've been a bit lazy on the marketing side of things lately as we have been mentally busy in the salon. But I'm gonna sit down tomorrow and go thru all these amazing ideas and start putting them into practice!!

Great thread! xxx

I am slowly working my way through this thread, I have so many ideas I want to do it's hard to pick somewhere to start

I am slowly working my way through this thread, I have so many ideas I want to do it's hard to pick somewhere to start

Start from the very beginning. Its a very good place to start. :D xx

oh im so glad! i am doing a deal with kbgdeals, hopefully next week it will go live and i'm a bit worried i wont get anything from it! which i desperately neeeeeeed!!

fantastic thread!!! bumping up

For people in the Yorkshire area have a look at Home for networking things etc.

Great thread *bump*bump*bump* :)

Latest posts

Back