More ways to promote your business

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So my little idea I have done, is I've had 2 car magnets and a window decal made advertising my Business name, target treatments I want to push, so Shellac, Minx and Spray Tans and my phone number. I have put the magnets on my car doors and the window decal in my rear window above my Shellac Decal. I have then put some of my price lists into a plastic (clear) bag so they don't get wet and labelled it to say "Please take one" and every time I park the car on the school run, outside my house, at the supermarket, wherever, I will put the bag of leaflets tucked into my rear wiper for people to take.

Will let you know if it's a success or not! :wink2:

So my little idea I have done, is I've had 2 car magnets and a window decal made advertising my Business name, target treatments I want to push, so Shellac, Minx and Spray Tans and my phone number. I have put the magnets on my car doors and the window decal in my rear window above my Shellac Decal. I have then put some of my price lists into a plastic (clear) bag so they don't get wet and labelled it to say "Please take one" and every time I park the car on the school run, outside my house, at the supermarket, wherever, I will put the bag of leaflets tucked into my rear wiper for people to take.

Will let you know if it's a success or not! :wink2:

Good idea thanks for sharing Planky!

This is a fab thread with lots of great ideas to help build your business.

Here are a few things I found worked when I was running my mobile business:

Website with an inbuilt blog. The blog is important as it delivers regular fresh content and is a great way for your clients to get to know you and what you provide. Search engines love fresh content so this will also help you rank higher when prospective clients are looking for treatments in your area.

Netmums. You can place an advert on their noticeboard once a month and I found this a great way to appeal to mums who where in need of some pampering. You can sign upto 5 area's if you cover that large an area and also a great place to find local events you could provide treatments for.

Facebook, Twitter, Linked In and Goggle+ page. Use these to promote your business for free. If used properly they are a great asset to your business. Keep them updated regularly and link them into your website and each other. Also make sure you use the same image on each site to help build your brand.

Network with other women. This is a great way to build relationships with other women either to build your client base or spread the word about your business.

Stallfinder Uk. A great site that lists local events you can offer to provide treatments at.Nails always go down well and are a great way to attract new clients and give you time to have a chat and plant the seeds in their minds which can grow into them booking further treatments with you.

Here are just a few ideas of the things I used to build my business. Please do get in contact if you require any more help or advice.

I never get bored of this thread, i try and read over it every now and again to keep me motivated and try fresh ideas, thanks so much Lynne! :) x

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to say I am totally new to Salon Geek and have been stressing about becoming mobile after working in retail for 12 years!

Ive got a load of courses under my belt and am about to start my nail tech course next week. This link has been absolutely brilliant and has given me the inspiration to get it started! 2 hours later and a pad full of notes Im feeling more optimistic!! I know it will be difficult to start with but with a great thread like this I wont be stuck for ideas!:biggrin:

Thank you sooo much! :Love:

Lou xx

I attended my first LadiesWhoLatte meets yesterday and found it amazing...

Got 2 a client and a job out of FreeIndex

Got a client out of Google

I have copied and pasted all the ideas onto a word doc so I can go through and tick off all the things that I am not doing that I can do and work my way through it.

Cheers all,

H x

Oh that's interesting I was just looking up my local meeting so glad it proved worthwhile. Think I shall give it a go in Jan x

Oh that's interesting I was just looking up my local meeting so glad it proved worthwhile. Think I shall give it a go in Jan x

Cannot wait til Jan meeting.

I was unprepared, only bought 10 of my marketing packs, loads turned up for this meeting as they were having a Christmas lunch which I missed as I had to be at work.

But I met some lovely, friendly people.

Met a holistic massage therapist who was amazing to talk with. It was just really nice.

H x

Oh my... Had this thread marked for ages. Finally got a chance to get through every single post. Thank you guys for sharing. And Lynne - for starting the thread! I will share these ideas and see how it goes... :)

Started going through each thing tonight. Contacted 6 golf clubs in the area, 1 has no contact details and another one is in receivership so could have been 8.

Had a play on Google.

Signed up for local networking events.

Added more ladies networking groups on my linkedin account.

Still got loads more to do...

But it's given me a new lease of life.

Cheers again x

Brilliant thx for the advice HWilliams x

If you're looking for some additional promotion, it might be worth checking out www.yapps.com . It's a free directory specifically for spas and salons - makes it easy for people to discover you when they're searching online.

Just for complete disclosure, I do work for the company that provides the service, so I will admit some bias - it is good though! I'd love to know if anybody tries it and what you think... we're very open to suggestions.

Hi Geeks

I'm a new geek and don't know how vouchers work, where you get them as a business owner/mobile, discounts vouchers, special offers etc. Is there a site that I could be referred to, so that I can be educated on how it all works! Sorry to sound dim, not had any reason to know about this in the past.

Thank you.

Coco

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I forgot to mention loyalty cards. Who do you use to produce the cards/vouchers.I know you can purchase a gift voucher to be redeemed, that's all I know! I've seen cards in coffee shops that are stamped and once all 10 spaces are stamped the customer gets a free drink. Are there similar cards for salon owners/mobiles? I know it's to do with client retention however don't know how it all works!

Are there any client retention, sales and marketing courses that anyone can recommend?

I'm still a student at level 2 so none of this stuff has come up, however I'm keen to build up knowledge on the business side :)

Thank you.

Coco

Hi Geeks

I'm a new geek and don't know how vouchers work, where you get them as a business owner/mobile, discounts vouchers, special offers etc. Is there a site that I could be referred to, so that I can be educated on how it all works! Sorry to sound dim, not had any reason to know about this in the past.

Thank you.

Coco

I got loyalty cards from vistaprint, every recommendation gives someone a stamp, when it's fill they get 25% off

H x

And my gift vouchers off Vistaprint as well. I sell them from £10-£50

Came across this today on my search and signed up - I was very bored after being awake most of the night. Will let you all know how I get on with it or if anyone has used it they can share?

www.hairdressersandsalons.co.uk

I emailed all my local primary schools a couple of weeks ago and I didn't get any replies as yet :( x

I'm gonna throw my tuppence worth in here. What I'm gonna do is get a business card binder from eBay and go around all the shops in town asking for their business cards to put in the binder which will then be displayed in my waiting area. With each shop I go into I will be armed with my own cards and leaflets and give them to the shop owner to display in return for advertising their business. :biggrin:
Not sure how successful it will be but I'm gonna give it a go. :wink2:
xxx

Sent off for the book and it came today :) will be reading soon x

I think I must have missed something, what book is this you guys talk of?!

Thanks

Latest posts

Back