My client stole my career!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can understand how you feel. Try and think of it this way, as they say "imitation is the sincerest form of flattery".

Just make sure that you make it known to your clients and potential clients of your qualifications and experience. A "serving the tanning industry for XX years" or something to that effect is a good psychological positive for clients who will want to know you aren't a "fly by nighter".

In a way it is a compliment you have been given. You must have done a great job for the ex client to go and do it herself. Alot of people go to have treatments done and it is then they realise they could do it and wish to do the same. Dont let it get you down. Carry on doing what you are doing and be the best you can. Positive thinking is a great thing..... so get rid of the negative, work by your professional ethics and you will be on top;) x

Take it as a compliment hun... x

you live and you learn, thats why im very quiet about what i do...

She was obviously impressed with what you have done and how good it was, take it as a total compliment, one of the replies you've had said to wish her luck, i totally agree! you never know she may give people your number for when she's away on holiday, i have a few friends who are beauticians and we always recommend each other our customers stick with who they like on a regular basis but love the fact that there is someone we can recommend if we're away. There is enough work for everyone and if she gains a few of your regulars you will probably find some of hers prefer you it can work both ways as it has with us. no need for enemies JOIN FORCES!!!

This is how many of us start in a business, WE ARE INSPIRED BY SOMEONE, OR AN IDEA.

Now I would never normally agree with anything you say bt i have to agree ;-)

I was "inspired" when my nail tech who was due to get married had an affair with one of her clients husbands whi happend to be my friend!!!

Well my friends and I still needed to have our nails done so i decided i'd set up myself and do ours.

6 months and lot of education and financial outlay later i have my own home salon and ventured into waxing and spray tanning too.

I thank her for her infidelity! (my friend dosnt though)

So, in your shoes I would probably make myself a booking with the new Spray tanning girl in town. Her face as you walk in will be payment enough!

Stand tall girl and just concentrate on the clients you do have and the ons you're gonna get.
x

Hi peeps, didn't think I'd see this thread again!
Just an update, the client in question hasn't contacted me (And i've not contacted her). Live & let live.
Though I have heard through the grapevine that she's done a total of about 3 spray tans in 6 months, so there's nothing for me to be worried about. :)
You're right though, in a round about way she did encourage me to get my a**e into gear and promote myself, so I guess I should be thanking her!!

Anyway, she must have trained to have bought the machine so it's not like you taught her how to spray tan did you?

I dont do spray tans but ive had amachine since christmas.. the thought behind it was that i would eventually go and get training..no1 knew that though and still sold me a tan kit.. i still have it sat there unused because im too scared ill mess up. I dont think you actually need qualifications to go buy a kit!!

i would confront her and say that you would have had more respect for her if she had been upfront and honest with you in the first place. Make her feel like a gnat! Then tell everyone what she did!!

Sod her! why should you wish her luck and all that bollocks?? She screwed you over..not by doing spray tanning, but in the way she used you and kept it a secret. I would make her feel like she has an enemy...and i would tell everyone she is **** too.

hilarious!!! this has made me laugh so much I am crying!! straight to the point - love it!!

You don't mean this seriously though do you!!

Gina xx

baby girl you said it yourself the cow doesnt have qualifications .she doesnt have knowlege so shes gonna mess up and as well all know bad word of mouth spreads a hell of a lot faster than good . karmer babe karmer :hug:

My hairdresser whose mobile hairdressing business started of because me of (20+ recomendations) had also just stolen my career as a nail tech!!

Although im not (too) bothered as obviously im better! haha

i would confront her and say that you would have had more respect for her if she had been upfront and honest with you in the first place. Make her feel like a gnat! Then tell everyone what she did!!

Sod her! why should you wish her luck and all that bollocks?? She screwed you over..not by doing spray tanning, but in the way she used you and kept it a secret. I would make her feel like she has an enemy...and i would tell everyone she is **** too.

Personally I would take the upper hand & wish her luck if you see her Never bad mouth other people as it makes you look bad. (Let other people decide who's best)
I would get yourself a new leaflet as the other girls have said stating your years experience & qualifications. I would also do a refer your friends offer to your existing customers (refer a friend and you both get % off your next tan / their first tan)
Or go one better and find out if your supplier do a masters course (more qualifications - obv. price this up to see if it is worth doing!)
Make sure you are on the suppliers website as the spray tan expert in your area.

You could even approach the girl & offer to tan swap with her (check out what she's like show her there are no hard feelings & you can pick her brains & find out what she is up to & how she's doing! - Just be on your guard about giving out information yourself!!!!

HTH
Carla

I don't understand why this girl is being called names?
I'd take it as a compliment that someone was so impressed by my work that they want to be able to do such a good job themselves.

Who's to say she isn't trained?

6 years ago I used to get my nails done. I thought it looked interesting and went and trained.
5 years ago I started having hair extensions, I thought it looked interesting and went and trained.
I've never been tanned by anyone but I trained in that too.

Does this mean somewhere i'm being called all the names under the sun for having a common interest and doing something about it?

I wouldn't waste you energy concerning yourself with it. She's not bothering you or trying to poach your clients so I don't see Why you should feel like you have to do anything?

x
tammy

Well I haven't read all the replies so if I'm repeating someone else, sorry.
Having looked at your profile, you do so much more then spay tan, so how you stick it to her is by advertising that fact.
She offers spray tans, you offer a whole pamper package.
Apart from that, don't worry about her, you've got far more business savvy then she has, breath in and let it go:hug:

This is a very very old thread guys ..... not sure why it was resurrected!

This is a very very old thread guys ..... not sure why it was resurrected!
I guess because people like us give it a bump :)

Latest posts

Back