My mom just passed away.................

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nail-chick

Reaction score
My mother just passed away Sunday, March 5.
My father just passed away Nov. 2, 2005, I guess she just couldn't live without him!

A few days before she passed, she told me when she got out of the hospital, she needed a fill and she wanted Orly Aspen blue nail polish. Then the day before she went, she told me not to shorten them.
Well, she didn't come home to do all of this.

A woman I work with ,who has done my moms hair for over 21 years, and I went to the funeral home to get her ready, neither one of us had ever done this before. Her hair looks wonderful!
Well, I clipped her toe nails and filed them. Then I did her nails. I didn't fill them, even tho it had been about a month, I filed the ridge smooth. I didn't shorten them either! I even painted 3 shamrocks on her left rinfinger, 1 each for mom, dad and my sister-in-law who passed away Sept 16, 2003 @ age 39.

She looked like my mom - BEAUTIFUL!!
I guess I'll always have a great nail story to tell!

This is Mom and Dad at their 50th anniversary party on Sept. 8,2001. Their anniversary is Sept. 9.
momdad.jpg

Oh hunny, am so sorry for your loss. I can't even begin to understand how you must be feeling. God bless you sweety. xxxxxxx

oh hun im so sorry to hear of your sad loss, words cannot describe how you must feel right now but big :hug: to you and your family im thinking of you.

take good care

jules x

Oh honey, what a beautiful picture, they look lovely..:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

what a sad story, at least they are together now :hug: x

Sorry to hear your sad news. You're in my thoughts.
Susan x

Words can't ease any pain, but I am sure she is in a much better place now... with your dad as well.

I am glad you did her nails as she had asked, like you say it is something you will remember.

My heart goes out to you,

Take care,
Lots of love and hugs.

Can't imagine how you are feeling so just sending you :hug: :hug: :hug: . Take care hun!

So sorry to hear of your loss. You must be feeling devastated. Treasure your happy memories forever. Love and hugs. Karen xx

my thoughts are with you hun, that is a beautiful picture of your parents. Take care of yourself xxxx

I'm really sorry to hear of your loss!

That is a beautiful picture of them both for you to treasure!

Take care x x

Oh babes....so sorry about your loss. How comforting it must have been, though, to spend that time with you mum to do her nails. Thinking of you.

with love
J x

So sorry for your loss, at lest they are at peace together.

this has made me cry, i am so sorry for your loss. its devestating. i am sending you loads of cyber hugs hunnie :cry:
Lorraine

So sorry to hear of your loss, that is real true love and they are both together now :hug: xxx That's a lovely picture of them xxx

Thinking of you at this sad time in your life. :hug:

You are in my thoughts and prayers at this very sad time:hug: :hug: :hug:

Really sorry to hear about your loss hun.

A friend of my husband and I lost his Gran a few months ago pretty suddenly, two weeks later his grandad passed on too... 65 years they were together.. and even death wasnt going to keep them apart...

Your parents are at peace now, together and happy.. Try thinking of this when u feel low..

My prayers will be for you tonight and your mum and dad..

God Bless hun

:hug:

so sorry to hear of your loss. i sending you a big :hug:

I'm so so sorry tp hear about your loss. Your parents look so happy in that photo, its a lovely moment that has been captured and something to hold onto to.

Latest posts

Back