My new web site what do u think

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jenny2

Reaction score
I am sooooooo excited as ruth who an apsolute star has been putting together me a web site, she is just amazing and so helpfull,

Thought u guys could take a sneaky preview and see what u think

i love it

Waxing4Women - Waxing and Beauty Clinic in Bolsover, Derbyshire

Any one i can not recommend ruth enough :hug:

Hi Doll

Had a look and it's FAB.... Who did this for you and does it cost alot to be set up? xx

I hate the snowflake background it makes me dizzy , I think it would be better a bit plainer!

Also the picture at the side which fades in, could that maybe fade a bit faster as on my pc as soon as I started reading the content it started fading in and took my attention off the website content.

This is just my opinion though I'm far too pernikity when it comes to websites.

xxx

Its great jenny,
it looks really pretty but not too much if you know what i mean,
i love the background pic,
Ruth does some ace sites and is so reasonably priced too :hug:

Hi Doll

Had a look and it's FAB.... Who did this for you and does it cost alot to be set up? xx

Hi hun Ruth mills on this forum is an amazing web and internet expert and she can literally do anything, she talks u through everything and keeps in touch with every step she makes and her prices in comparison many companys i no of are brilliant. If it is something u are interested in i highly recommend her and i am sure if she can help u she will, i no she has so many sites to do for people as her work is just amazing but forgive me ruth i am sure she would work a package out with uxxx (strike me down ruth if i should not have said that :hug:)

I hate the snowflake background it makes me dizzy , I think it would be better a bit plainer!

Also the picture at the side which fades in, could that maybe fade a bit faster as on my pc as soon as I started reading the content it started fading in and took my attention off the website content.

This is just my opinion though I'm far too pernikity when it comes to websites.

xxx

No hun all comments greatly appretiated, i love the back ground as it fits in with the theme of all my christams leaflets and the background changes with the seasons as does my leaflets and my lady is kind of my symbol of me, kind a looks like me to lol:green:

No hun all comments greatly appretiated, i love the back ground as it fits in with the theme of all my christams leaflets and the background changes with the seasons as does my leaflets and my lady is kind of my symbol of me, kind a looks like me to lol:green:

No I like the lady I just wondered if she would fade faster as on my PC its really slow and destracting I like the image!!!

I see Lou loved your background, were all different :hug:

No I like the lady I just wondered if she would fade faster as on my PC its really slow and destracting I like the image!!!

I see Lou loved your background, were all different :hug:

What would u have had then hun as all opinions muchly apretiated and honesty best policy as this is a business advertisement after allx

I love it hun, and I like the idea of having a changing seasons background. Well done xxx

i think its great Jenny, i agree love the changing seasons..xx

What would u have had then hun as all opinions muchly apretiated and honesty best policy as this is a business advertisement after allx

I would tone down the background - you know how you can make a picture paler well I would do that to the snowflakes so it was less in your face but still keeps the great idea of the changing seasons but doesn't take your attention away from the text.

& I would make your lady fade in just a touch faster but then maybe if you lightened the background the lady wouldn't matter as much I just personally think it's a wee touch busy the now!

Sorry if I come across as a cow I'm just trying to give my honest opinion :hug:

I would tone down the background - you know how you can make a picture paler well I would do that to the snowflakes so it was less in your face but still keeps the great idea of the changing seasons but doesn't take your attention away from the text.

& I would make your lady fade in just a touch faster but then maybe if you lightened the background the lady wouldn't matter as much I just personally think it's a wee touch busy the now!

i do not think u came across as a cow hun lol:) i want honest opinions, pointless me posting otherwise and every one has different opinions, so guys keep em coming xxxxx:hug:

It must be either your pc or internet connection, it fades really quickly for me and I have Telefonica's 1mb mañana internet lol

I really like the site, but agree that the background could do with being a bit more faded, at least with that design on it.

:green:

The image of the woman is nice, it's pleasing to the eye because of the curves and the shadows/shading works well on it. However I would of made the image samller, so that there is no need to scroll down (as there is nothing there to look at). The figure could of then been defringed (remove the white border) and the snowflake background blended in behind it.

If you wanted the page to scroll still, then I would of added a background colour to the image, definged it and cropped close. I would then make a background image with the snowflakes that fade to the same colour, This would then mean you wouldn't see the join.

Background toned down a bit and I have increased the speed of the fade in on the lady from 5 seconds to 2 seconds.

Jenny - if you don't like the changes, then don't worry, as I use the Subversion source control system which makes it a doddle to go back to earlier versions of the site!

The image of the woman is nice, it's pleasing to the eye because of the curves and the shadows/shading works well on it. However I would of made the image samller, so that there is no need to scroll down (as there is nothing there to look at). The figure could of then been defringed (remove the white border) and the snowflake background blended in behind it.

If you wanted the page to scroll still, then I would of added a background colour to the image, definged it and cropped close. I would then make a background image with the snowflakes that fade to the same colour, This would then mean you wouldn't see the join.

In order for the fade to work, and for the background to work on all screen resolutions yet still have the lady appearing at the far right of the page, I have made the lady image a transparent GIF, whereas the background is just a standard JPEG image.

I made the lady image large enough so that you would see all the lady with no gap below when the page first loads on monitor resolutions up to 1280 x 1024 - higher than that and the background will "tile" and the lady will be smaller than the screen area.

I know what you mean about the white edging on the lady though - although having made the background lighter, this should now be less visible...

Anyway, this site is still "work in progress" as far as I'm concerned - it's not finished yet by any means! Am juggling this site along with a web site for another geek on here at the moment - although the other geek is just feeding me new pages for her site one every couple of days or so - so I am hopefully keeping up to date on that other site too :)

were have my snow flakes gone, gone off to sulk,:cry: I love christmas and the theme, but jo public have won the vote , at the end of the day it is there opinions that count as it is the clients opinion which will get me the business.

Anyway, this site is still "work in progress" as far as I'm concerned - it's not finished yet by any means! Am juggling this site along with a web site for another geek on here at the moment - although the other geek is just feeding me new pages for her site one every couple of days or so - so I am hopefully keeping up to date on that other site too :)

Ruth u are doing an amazing job, and i have watched this baby literally as the words have come up, can not wait to get my pictures sorted for u, ruth you are one in a million:Love:

I had a look this afternoon, just had another look...i much prefer the background as it is now. as for the fading lady, either speed works for me!

Latest posts

Back