My pics from today (leeds)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hiya geeks

I'm only sorry i didnt stay long enough to jump in those pics with you guys, i found the whole day very interesting and loved meeting you all.

You Geeks are sooooo sweet, just how i thought you would be lovely:hug:
I just wished i colud have met all of you geeks who geek:cry:

Geeg is a true star, she has such alot of time for us, i think she's fab dedicating so much of her precious time. The passion she has for this industry.

And Samantha, you have a figure to die for and a sweet nature(that's why you are called Sam Sweet), thank you for sorting out my new client.(dentist order)

WOW Creative we are so happy you are back

Love Jennyxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
West Midlands
Advanced Beauty Clinic - Warwickshire

Do the tips you use with this 'popits' method have the 'Well' in them,like most other tips? Im just asking coz Im going tomorrow and im just trying to work out how much money ill need, coz ill have to put these on my list if you do, coz all of mine have 'Well's' in, and im not sure if they'r gonna work or not, and ill deff need some if im all hyped up when i get in and bursting to practice!!!
CAZ X

Do the tips you use with this 'popits' method have the 'Well' in them,like most other tips? Im just asking coz Im going tomorrow and im just trying to work out how much money ill need, coz ill have to put these on my list if you do, coz all of mine have 'Well's' in, and im not sure if they'r gonna work or not, and ill deff need some if im all hyped up when i get in and bursting to practice!!!
CAZ X

The popits are not like normal tips so you couldnt use tips instead of popits and your couldnt use popits instead of tips (unless you were going to sculpt with the popit. does that make sense?

Does anybody have any idea how much the 'Popits' are?? and do they come it boxes like Tips do?
CAZ X

Thanks for posting and sharing your pix Em.

I'm well and truly miffed that I've missed out on what appears to have been a fab week for demos for what is fast becoming PopIt mania :cry:

awww thanks Ems for posting your pics so quickly and you all, and the nails looking great too.

I have my poppits, arrived today, was hoping to get to Leeds tomorrow but have to work so boo hoo got to wait for tutorials. :hug::hug:

Your nail looks fab Emms and am loving the pics, looks like you all had a fab time xxx

Whilst I am still waiting for my S2 catalogue, I would also love to know how much they cost! I'm sure it's been on here somewhere but I can't find it!!! So if anyone knows, could you please tell me?? And the p+p a well! Thanks!

OK you guys, I just ordered some of these "forms." (Not sure what to call them yet lol)

If you look on the YsNail distributor site, you can see that Sweet Squared are the official UK distributor. There is a USA distributor, based in Florida. He did NOT ask for my licensing info when I ordered, but maybe it's because I didn't order product? I am NOT however, going to USE them, until I see Gigi's demo.

Ok I might play a little if I sit around too long.

I will keep you geeks posted.

And yes, I admit, curiosity has DEFINITELY gotten the cat up and sniffing around...

Hiya Emma!

I am SOOOOO glad you had a fab. day in Leeds. I am just angry I didn't stay for Tuesday so I could meet you.

About the chocolate... Do you know, SAM ate that big chocolate ALL BY HIS OWN, although it was for Samantha too! (Sorry you never got any Samantha, I will bring one ONLY for you next time I see you, or you can ask Gigi to taste some of hers...:))

Haha, I think I have spread that Norwegian chocolate all over geek-land :):):) now! :-D

The nail looked very nice! I haven't gotten the time to play yet.... I will get some time tomorrow evening or at Friday. It seems like the most of you have don it with l/p, I will do it with gel. I did some, in a rush, an hour before I had to go for my flight back to Norway, but I think I have some new ideas for gel.... Will see if it works... :)

:hug::hug::hug: Cec.

Hiya Emma!

I am SOOOOO glad you had a fab. day in Leeds. I am just angry I didn't stay for Tuesday so I could meet you.
AWWWW I know ....but like you said ..one day babe :hug:
About the chocolate... Do you know, SAM ate that big chocolate ALL BY HIS OWN, although it was for Samantha too! (Sorry you never got any Samantha, I will bring one ONLY for you next time I see you, or you can ask Gigi to taste some of hers...:))
what a greedy guts :eek: ....although mine is nearly all gone too :o:green:

:hug::hug::hug: Cec.

I appreciate my presents so much ....you have made an Emmsy very happy thankyou xx

I have done 3 glitter nails in 8 minutes tonight .....yes 8 minutes !!!
Im just doing the other 2 ...so Ill post pics when I am done ...
Tried pink and white sculpts and totally ballsed it up lol

But I shant be beaten :green:

Lovely nail Emmsy well done.

I can't say I'm enthusiastic about this new method . . . I feel like all my training and perfecting of my skills has been a complete waste of time if this new quick method is just as good and going to take over . . . but I can't quite convince myself that it is.

But I love your nail and I'm loving you enthusiasm. The rest is my problem :rolleyes:

I think it won't be likely that techs that haven't perfected the standard way of sculpting liquid and powder and refining a smile line, will be able to just slap some product on a form and make a nice nail. You still have to place a smile line, you still have to have the correct mix ratio, you still have to be able to apply a consistent thickness, and an apex...

I really think the main thing skipped is all the FILING. Which is what I have always wished I could skip anyway lol... I don't feel that it replaces skill in anyway, I think it's just a different approach...

ANd I do readily admit, that when I first saw this technique in the variety of vids that have popped up, I was slightly aghast. And it doesn't help that the technique USED in the video is a bit sloppy, and not very attractive when finished. But seeing Emma's nail in the beginning of this thread made me actually "OOH" out loud at my computer screen.

Hence my new interest in the product.

I ordered 100 forms from a distrib. here in the states, should be here in about a week. Hopefully Gigi will have put up a tutorial by then so I can have a well informed play with my new toys. We shall see if I actually use them in the salon or not...

Emma get some more pics up!!

dear all, well its 4:29 in the morning and I am lying in bed using my phone to post! just can't sleep so thought I would check geek-dom out.

I am so happy you are all excited and it was so lovely meeting you all too. I am sorry I didn't get to spend more time with you all. thank u too for lovely comments... the red coat was 60 pounds from Zara... get to it... I thought that was a wicked price.

maybe I should try and get some more zzzzs now!

When you say you used a white tip and pop it, you glued on a white tip like we have been doing and then used the pop it to overlay the tip? It looks great!

When you say you used a white tip and pop it, you glued on a white tip like we have been doing and then used the pop it to overlay the tip? It looks great!

Hey Dona, I think what was meant was white acrylic and not a white tip. Hope this helps!

Also, Sam, the coat is wicked - tres trendy!! I'm so gutted I didn't get to meet you all but I think I'm going to order some today!!

Hey Dona, I think what was meant was white acrylic and not a white tip. Hope this helps!

Also, Sam, the coat is wicked - tres trendy!! I'm so gutted I didn't get to meet you all but I think I'm going to order some today!!

My understanding is that Emmsy used a white tip - not white L&P. This is the way that Geeg did it when Emmsy and I went to Leeds to see the demo.

I do know that since though Emma has played about with not using tip and using all L&P which looks as if it works just as well but will take longer.

My apologies then! I didn't think you could use a tip with it. Shows how much I know!! :irked::rolleyes:

Sorry if I misled anyone.

Couldn't make it to Leeds, so am so grateful for your photos.
Nails look great and am dying to try Popits for myself.
I still can't get my head around what the actual Popits themselves look like.:confused:
I can't seem to see one anywhere on here yet- although lots of pics of nails done with them.
If there's any chance, could you post a pic of one, so that it can all click into place in my head whileI'm waiting for them to arrive.
Thanks in advance.:hug:

Latest posts

Back