My potential first 'real' client

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Enhanced-Barbie

Reaction score
Hey everyone :)

First of all, I hope everyone had an awesome Xmas, and is all geared up for an even awesomer New Years!

Well I've decided that its time that I just bite the bullet and start doing clients from home. So, I did some cute nails on myself to get some interest, so that should be sweet right?

So, I've had my new nails on for a couple of days, and had a few friends request me to do theirs (think they are expecting freebies though?), BUT today I was shopping out of town and the sales assistant at a cosmetics store commented on my nails. I told her that I had done them myself and then she told me that she is willing to travel an hour to get to my home town so I can do hers, that would be great and everything, but then I found out that she is a mobile make up artist and does hair and stuff, so that just makes me really nervous!

Im especially nervous about my timing, and also my skills at all... It would be my first 'real client'.

Ive worked at a nail kiosk, but everything there was so generic and about time not quality. I want myself to be known for quality and artistic ability.

So, if anyone has any tips, advice, or just something comforting to say, that would be awesome :)

PS the pics of the nails she viewed on me are in my album if you want to take a peak.

To be honest im still kind of trying to decide whether to actually contact her, but I am trying not to let my self doubt get the better of me! :smack:

1. Breathe in and out.
2. Make sure she knows that you are "new"
3. Take your time, but don't go overboard fiddling around

You'll be fine! good luck sweetums!

N.

1. Breathe in and out.
2. Make sure she knows that you are "new"
3. Take your time, but don't go overboard fiddling around

You'll be fine! good luck sweetums!

N.

Haha yup its always the first thing I talk about when I get new interest, it goes something like "oh yeh Im going to start taking clients at home for reduced prices so that I can get more experience as I only qualified in August". She seemed happy with that... Doesnt help my nerves though, I mean, who would travel an hour to get their nails done? Except for rich people that is... Or if it was from like a super duper experienced tech...
Im sure there are loads of awesome techs in Wellington, but oh well its an oppertunity for me and I should just take it and do my best!

Thanks for your message :)

You'd be surprised, there aren't that many techs working over here in the Hutt Valley. Some do work from home, some are mobile (Like I am now) and the majority of the rest work in CBD, at Cathy Davy's and the like.

Gotta tell you, there is an interest big time up here and I surmise its got to be the same on your side of the Western Hills.....I keep hearing about how people are paying $65 at the NSS for a crappy set of nails.....and how they wind up with munted nail plates, etc.

Definitely a market for us kiddo!

Take it, do your best, and it gets better with each one....

Calm down, she is a professional in the same sort of industry so she will understand and remember what it is like to have the first few clients (nerve racking) she will also remember that she took longer to start with too,
just do the best you can with her nails and when you are both chatting you will be able to bounce ideas around,
who knows you may be able to work together sometimes, she can do the make up etc and you could do the nails,
jump on every opportunity you come across hth :hug:

remember her business is different from yours and all she is interested in is a nice polite nail technician (which i'm sure you are) who will make her nails look lovely. Good luck and all the best for the new season :hug: :hug:

Good luck doll am sure you dont have a thing to worry about. just take you time and give her a cracking set off nails and she will have to choose but to boost your expertise and clients will be falling over themselfs to get a booking with you... he he xxx

If I were you, I'd take it as a real compliment that she wants you to do her nails. Try your best not to be nervous and remember, she knows what it's like to be new in the industry. Clients have a lot more compassion and forgiveness than we sometimes give them credit for. You may feel you're new but obviously she thinks you do a great job and wants to showcase your work. Be proud of yourself!!!

Try doing nails on an experienced nail tech when you're new - I did and boy was I nervous!! At least she doesn't do nails. :)

Go for it chuck and let us know how it goes!!! :hug:

Hi Hun.
Go for it.
But make sure you have everything ready in the order you need it, then no nervous mistakes and you will look so professional too. Nothing worse than a tech faffing around saying "sure I have some in here" .
Let us know how you get on.
Lotsa luv x :hug: x

Latest posts

Back