Myscara training was brilliant

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK here's my feedback for my training on saturday (sorry not been on for a while and my original thread was closed but here goes )

Trekked 125 miles sat morning to Aspire to Beauty where I was warmly welcomed by Kay,Kim, and Niaomi.

I don't have prior lash training..but am nvq level II beauty qualified with 8yrs eye/lash treatments (tinting/ perming) I felt the training was thorough and was sent away with a large training booklet for reference and msds sheets too.

I was desperate to be one of the first to offer this in my area...no one has heard of it and it is definately a hot new treatment to offer.

We were models for each other.

I'd say the most fiddly bit is taping the lashes out the way (to avoid sticking them together) but once mastered im sure I'll get quicker at this.

I found the product itself good to use...the tricky bit is once applied keeping the lashes SEPERATE before they dry - understand the formula has been tweaked to a slower set recently. Again if you find your right 'tools and implements' that suit you to keep them seperated im sure it comes with ease.

The end result is very nice...i opted for the 'natural look' which i like. My model opted for the more dramating (so more coats) look which too looked nice.

If you get any excess residue / Myscara at the base of the lash it is removable but I didnt like the feeling of it being 'removed' and dont think a client would ...so again...something that comes with practise and the idea is to not get too much on in the first place!

On the whole, pleased with the product and think once mastered will be more confident.

Training cost and Product kit....at xxxx...questionable but I wanted to get my hands on it asap so I paid the price.

pics attached

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    19.3 KB · Views: 2,060
  • photo (2).JPG
    photo (2).JPG
    23.1 KB · Views: 3,800
That's brilliant, thank you for that! Do you feel confident enough to be doing it straight away? I'm doing my training in Hertford in a few weeks, looking forward to it! x

Yes I do feel confident, got 4 case studies to complete then good to go !! Actually 'raring' to go!!

Yes I do feel confident, got 4 case studies to complete then good to go !! Actually 'raring' to go!!

That's great. Thanks for the feedback, I'm sure lots of people will appreciate it! :biggrin:

OK here's my feedback for my training on saturday (sorry not been on for a while and my original thread was closed but here goes )

Trekked 125 miles sat morning to Aspire to Beauty where I was warmly welcomed by Kay,Kim, and Niaomi.

I don't have prior lash training..but am nvq level II beauty qualified with 8yrs eye/lash treatments (tinting/ perming) I felt the training was thorough and was sent away with a large training booklet for reference and msds sheets too.

I was desperate to be one of the first to offer this in my area...no one has heard of it and it is definately a hot new treatment to offer.

We were models for each other.

I'd say the most fiddly bit is taping the lashes out the way (to avoid sticking them together) but once mastered im sure I'll get quicker at this.

I found the product itself good to use...the tricky bit is once applied keeping the lashes SEPERATE before they dry - understand the formula has been tweaked to a slower set recently. Again if you find your right 'tools and implements' that suit you to keep them seperated im sure it comes with ease.

The end result is very nice...i opted for the 'natural look' which i like. My model opted for the more dramating (so more coats) look which too looked nice.

If you get any excess residue / Myscara at the base of the lash it is removable but I didnt like the feeling of it being 'removed' and dont think a client would ...so again...something that comes with practise and the idea is to not get too much on in the first place!

On the whole, pleased with the product and think once mastered will be more confident.

Training cost and Product kit....at £428....questionable but I wanted to get my hands on it asap so I paid the price.

pics attached

Thanks for posting, im booked in for June and I cannot wait to start! x
I wanted to ask if they feel 'hard' as when I got my lash extensions, after a while it felt uncomfortable when I rubbed my eyes (I know your not supposed to do this)

I know exactly what you mean as my lash extensions felt the same, almost 'crusty'lol! Nope no 'hard' feeling 'coated' but not 'hard'... But... Fine I believe (after 24hrs) to have a shower wash your face/ eyes properly with water any anything 'not oil based'.

I felt I couldn't 'wash my eyes out properly with my extensions !

Prefer the feel to lash extensions myself but place in the Market for both I'm lucky as I have dark long lashes though :-0)

Lol, yep crusty was the word I was looking for!
I just didnt take to them and prefer a good waterbased mascara. I hope business is good for you! Good plan on being the first to offer it in your area-that's what Im going for!! Good luck hun

Training cost and Product kit....at £xxx....questionable but I wanted to get my hands on it asap so I paid the price.

Hi Minkus,

Just a wee gentle reminder that training and product prices shouldn't be posted on the fourms as anyone can view it (including the general public and our clients).

E x

Last edited by a moderator:

So once you've completed the training, that's not you ready to go? You have to do case studies first? Thanks for your feedback :) xx

It was suggested I do 4 case studies dont know If that was the case for everyone or just me having not done eyelash ext course ? (you could ask if u were booking with them)

It was suggested I do 4 case studies dont know If that was the case for everyone or just me having not done eyelash ext course ? (you could ask if u were booking with them)

Thanks!! I think I'm going to book onto the course next month. I hate doing eyelash extensions... Did you find MYscara as "footery"? Sorry for all of the questions :biggrin: xx

I'm sorry, I think they sound good, but the pictures I see are quite clumpy. OK, some might want a thick look, but does that mean they have to look clumpy? I have to try it to decide for myself, but I'm a bit frightened!

Please Bear mind that is a set done on the training day and my first set after.

Practise makes perfect. You can't be an expert in anything straight away!

Remember this is a 'lash coating' pretty identical to you applying a mascara.... With the added benefit of how long it's going to last..and no hassle putting it on everyday....

The hardest bit I found was keeping the lashes separate after applying MYscara this is what I obviously aim to perfect.

I've yet to purchase a brand of mascara that coats each and every eyelash individually!

If you Want the full look and not a coated look....maybe It's eyelash extension direction you want to steer your clients in. This is just an enhance your own natural beauty so to speak (cheaper and quicker too). There is a market for 'both'

I'll post more pics as I go along so we can see improvements ?! Perhaps other peeps can up load so
Their work too so we get a good all round idea of what we can achieve with the MYscara it's a brand spanking new product don't forget :-0)

Hth

is the myscara training available in the northwest?

I messaged them on facebook and the reply was pretty much instant, there is a training session just off the M6 corridor near Lancashire, the course for end of June is pretty much booked up but there is one in July too.

I messaged them on facebook and the reply was pretty much instant, there is a training session just off the M6 corridor near Lancashire, the course for end of June is pretty much booked up but there is one in July too.

It is me arranging these courses in the North West, so you can contact me privately on here too.

Superb update, I am watching the product with quiet excitement with a view to this being my next area to train in. Please please please can you upload more pics as time goes on and you do more treatments as I too am only hanging back as the clumpy look puts me off a little, but if you say this is an experience / practice issue then I will not worry about it too much.

I am deciding betweeen this and LVL ( maybe both ) as I am marketing myself for the "natural" effect with my treatments.

Ta Claire :)

I did the CryBaby recently have a few pics in my album if anyone wants a peek
xx

I did the CryBaby recently have a few pics in my album if anyone wants a peek
xx
OO lovely thank you I shall have a nose xx

can anyone tell mw what it is?i am thinking of doing an eyelash course with maybe flirties,would it be a good idea to think about this new craze to?

Hiya
I was just wondering how much you paid for the MYscara course and where u did it?? I based in Essex and looking for the course, Ive sent an email to MYscara but had nothing back yet :eek:.. And does anyone know anything about their MYbrows course yet?? Hope anyone can help :D xx

Latest posts

Back