Nail Art with Shellac

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi heres a couple ive tried, hope u like them.

Attachments

• shellac nail art pink polka.jpg
    shellac nail art pink polka.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 1,238
  • 2011-10-04 08.03.44.jpg
    2011-10-04 08.03.44.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 4,990
and a few more, just started playing with shellac and love it!

:biggrin:

Attachments

• 2011-08-29 16.33.44.jpg
    2011-08-29 16.33.44.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 1,009
  • 2011-08-31 14.29.08.jpg
    2011-08-31 14.29.08.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 4,295
  • 2011-09-16 11.50.21.jpg
    2011-09-16 11.50.21.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 521
  • 2011-08-30 21.18.56.jpg
    2011-08-30 21.18.56.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 730
  • 2011-08-25 22.45.56.jpg
    2011-08-25 22.45.56.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 836
All of these designs are beautiful!!! I am still at the practising stage! Would just like to know, the design that Nataliya showed with cream puff and pink swirls, she used a cnd silver polish for detailing. So does this mean I could do shellac colour coats, cure, detail with normal polish, allow to dry, shellac topcoat, cure??

Sent from my X10i using SalonGeek

All of these designs are beautiful!!! I am still at the practising stage! Would just like to know, the design that Nataliya showed with cream puff and pink swirls, she used a cnd silver polish for detailing. So does this mean I could do shellac colour coats, cure, detail with normal polish, allow to dry, shellac topcoat, cure??

Sent from my X10i using SalonGeek

Sorry it's not an answer but just to say I love that design. It's so pretty

Vicki xx

evaperk-albums-konad-picture42091-bride-beau-cream-puff-hand-design-diamantes.jpg

Wedding design with hand painted art, base, 2x beau, art with cream puff, top coat x

How was this done? Also as i am still a tech in training can i ask what is a brisa overlay???:confused:

Brisa overlay - is a natural nail overlay using CND Brisa Gel. ;)

Their all so lovely but my fav from those 3 are the roses :) their so perfect. When i attempt flowers the look more like weeds lol !

What are the pens like? Do you use them more/less or equal to the brushes?

I paint roses with the thinnest brush. I just got a set of brushes from S2 ( page 31) they are really really good.

Sorry if this has already been asked (I searched but the iPhone app doesn't show you all the search options!)

When you use konad on shellac, do you use shellac on the plates? And how long do you cure it for? I was thinking maybe 10-30 seconds then apply, then cure as normal on the nail?

Sorry if this has already been asked (I searched but the iPhone app doesn't show you all the search options!)

When you use konad on shellac, do you use shellac on the plates? And how long do you cure it for? I was thinking maybe 10-30 seconds then apply, then cure as normal on the nail?

As far as I have read on here myself, I think the only Shellac that stamps is Iced Cappuccino, I think most people who Konad use either the Konad Special Polishes or normal polishes such as China Glaze or Nfu.Oh.

As for curing etc, again, I think everyone has their own way of doing it. When I did my first set the other day, I did the whole Shellac as normal, wiped of the inhibition layer from top coat, stamped, top coat, cure, wipe off sticky layer again. I found this easier as it was my first time, so if I made a mistake I could easily wipe it off and start over until perfect. HTH's xx

Thanks planky! Did you cure the shellac on the metal disc? x

No,

I did a full Shellac mani on my hands. On the metal disc, choose the design you want then slap on some Konad polish or another polish and scrape with the little scraper. Then quickly roll the stamper over to pick up the design onto the stamp, then roll and stamp onto the nail (can get a bit messy as you have to work so fast or it dries!). If you google Konad or search for it on you tube, there are vids showing you how to do it xx I'm not so great at explaining things like this in detail!! :)

Ahhh, ok. I thought people were doing it with shellac on the discs!!

I've seen a couple of vids, will have to have a play myself when they arrive. x

Ahhh, ok. I thought people were doing it with shellac on the discs!!

I've seen a couple of vids, will have to have a play myself when they arrive. x

No, like I say I think as far as I know, the only Shellac colour that works or has the right consistency for stamping is Iced Cappuccino and you would just do this the same as using the other polishes, slap it on the disc and scrape, stamp onto nail then cure, then top coat then cure (I think!!) It's great fun! I'm just looking into buying some Nfu.Oh or China Glaze for stamping, love it! :)

I have stupidly ordered just the plates, scraper and stamp. No polishes. Duh!!! Lmao.

I have stupidly ordered just the plates, scraper and stamp. No polishes. Duh!!! Lmao.

Oh!! Lol, they might come in handy for the stamping part of it :wink2: hehehehe. Just have a play with any normal polishes you have and see if any work xx

Latest posts

Back