Nail Art with Shellac

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love all the designs, i have never done anything like you guys are showing the most exciting has been a few gems and flicks with a nail art pen, where and how would be the best to look more into nail art and how to create it? I see you use lots of different products ?

I love all the designs, i have never done anything like you guys are showing the most exciting has been a few gems and flicks with a nail art pen, where and how would be the best to look more into nail art and how to create it? I see you use lots of different products ?

The inside cover of the sweet squared catalog has some shellac designs ,

There was also some fab shellac art tutorials on the CND website!
I think you have to log in to see them though .

More Shellac art.

Gosh you really are talented. Could I just ask I know it's perfect practise but what nail art brushes do you use. I have found it hard to find good quality firm but soft bristles. Thank you x

Gosh you really are talented. Could I just ask I know it's perfect practise but what nail art brushes do you use. I have found it hard to find good quality firm but soft bristles. Thank you x

Me too would love to know this. All my bristles 'fan out' and can never get good clean lines when striving or etching out or whatever because if this. Going to olympia on Sunday so would love to invest in some good ones to then hopefully do lovely work like yours and everyone else's in this thread :) xx

Some fantastic nail art designs going on here) well done everyone.

I use vrush pen brushes and brushes out of hobby craft. Kolinsky 1, 0, 00.

Animal print Shellac
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1315986795.531852.jpg

Shellac Kitty
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1315986853.972377.jpg

Shellac Roses over Brisa
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1315986928.412625.jpg

Some fantastic nail art designs going on here) well done everyone.

I use vrush pen brushes and brushes out of hobby craft. Kolinsky 1, 0, 00.

Animal print Shellac
View attachment 8963

Shellac Kitty
View attachment 8964

Shellac Roses over Brisa
View attachment 8965

Their all so lovely but my fav from those 3 are the roses :) their so perfect. When i attempt flowers the look more like weeds lol !

What are the pens like? Do you use them more/less or equal to the brushes?

Ow wow wow wow!! Simply loving purple purple + zilllionaire!!! Lush!!!

Here are 3 hand designed wedding and bridesmaid samples I've done for a lady getting married in October.

evaperk-albums-nails+%26amp%3B+art-picture41005-weddinglace.jpg

Here are 3 hand designed wedding and bridesmaid samples I've done for a lady getting married in October.

WOW! They're stunning!! :)

Love these xx how do u do them?

Love these xx how do u do them?
The two paler base ones are 2 coats of beau as the base, the other is hot pop pink with iced coral as the base. The red is baroness, the white cream puff.

I did the lace bit by hand with a very small dotter but you could use a very small brush, you can look up lace designs on google and customise to suit your needs, simple is usually best or you end up spending hours on them lol. I set the diamantes in to the shellac before curing then finally top coat over the lot.

I've done a gorgeous black lace over red with pearls but that wasn't shellac it was fraulein 38 colour gels. I must buy blackpool rock so I can do it in shellac as it lasts much longer and is far superior in everyway. I just wish that CDN would see the need for bright colours for art such as yellow, green, orange, blue, silver, gold etc.

Last edited:
View attachment 7759

Something very different and very very quick and easy with Shellac , photos not the best I'm going to do some on real nails tomorrow I think :)

How was this done? Also as i am still a tech in training can i ask what is a brisa overlay???:confused:

Hot pop pink & Beau with Cream puff flowers and pale pink diamantes.

evaperk-albums-nails+%26amp%3B+art-picture41044-hppbfwrs.jpg

Evaperk, is that hot pink and beau layered with cream puff flower spots?? It looks fab! I might be tempted/ brave enough to have a go at that!!!

Evaperk, is that hot pink and beau layered with cream puff flower spots?? It looks fab! I might be tempted/ brave enough to have a go at that!!!

Yes it is BB and it's so easy too, I have loads of clients that just love these flowers. A different colour in the middle or a diamante finishes them off.

How do you do the bow design ? Do u draw bow freehand ? X

Latest posts

Back