Nail file for under the free edge

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bessie

Reaction score
I went to this Beauty Exhibition 2 weeks ago and they had this nail competition going. As a newbie, I was very curious and nosey and tried to pickup as much as I can from the pros. One item that caught my eye is the nail file that the nail tech used to file under the free edge to clear/polish off gel material that's gone under the free edge. I've looked at different suppliers for this particular file which is like a square stick about half inch in diameter and about 4 or 5 inches long and seem to have similar quality to a very fine pumice stone but haven't seen anything similar. Has anyone used/seen this product?

Sorry, I don't quite get it hun. I don't get gel/acrylic under the free edge. Did I misunderstand something? :confused:

They sell them in capital.

I know what you mean, i have one of these, sallys sell them hth

I have one from Bio Sculpture - think it is called a cuti-stone. Will see if I can find a link for you.

Try this link

Bio Sculpture

About a third item down on that page.
Yep that is exactly the same as i have :hug:

I got a small diameter cutistone, which I find easier than the BioSculpture one from Alan Howard, but I think Alan Howard is based in North

I saw the sanding sticks in an advert in Scratch today, they look like what you need,
like a thin manual sanding band...lol
Cheap as chips too.

there are two things you can use sanding sticks or a pinching rod with emery paper on, both of which you can buy from California Nails Bolton 01204412003

How have I survived for more than 20 years without one of these??? :eek: Guess what?? I don't get stuff under the free edge!! :lol:

i have these sanding sticks, i have never used them though as i could never quite work out what they are for

Sanding Stix (Pack of 12)

Sorry, I don't quite get it hun. I don't get gel/acrylic under the free edge. Did I misunderstand something? :confused:

...Guess what?? I don't get stuff under the free edge!! :lol:

With respect (plenty of...)
Some of us do get product on the underside sometimes.
Practice makes perfect, but in the meantime, it is tempting to try out new tools that may help us get 'there'. :)

i agree with you apex73.i think i might try one of these as i have got product under the free edge before.thanks geeks:)

Thank you geeks. It is the cutistone I was looking for. :lol:

I have one of these cutie stones but never used it.How do you use it wet/dry? plz?

I have one of these cutie stones but never used it.How do you use it wet/dry? plz?

Hello,
Please use the cuti-stone wet as it may scratch the nail if used dry. It's also excellent for removing dead keratin when used in circular motions.

Thanks

Bio Sculpture South

With respect (plenty of...)
Some of us do get product on the underside sometimes.
Practice makes perfect, but in the meantime, it is tempting to try out new tools that may help us get 'there'. :)
I agree.... There is no need to be mocking someone because they are not yet "perfect".
Besides, this probably is excess glue squished out underneath from applying the nail tips. Maybe just apply a little less glue. I have had new customers that I have had to clean under the nail because a nail tech had used a bit too much glue when applying tips .Also, dirt and junk has to be removed some way.Hope the little sanding stick works for you dear.:)

Latest posts

Back