Nail make overs ;)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nataliya

Global Team CND
Reaction score
Hi Geeks!

I would like to start a thread where we will collect nail make overs.

It's going to be a fabulous tool for newbie geeks showing what nails should not look like if done professionally. And of course what they should look like.

It's great to see the transformations.

And if clients are looking they would definitely know what nails should not look like.

P.S. Busybee, Jenny if you are viewing can you please post those pictures of your clients nails here) x

Nail designer with a twist;)

Ok. So I go first with the cracker I had today;)

Client never had nails done before. She was on holiday to Barbados where she decided to treat herself.

5ad6a2fa-c4f4-ff90.jpg

And here is gorgeous Brisa overlays applied by me ;)

5ad6a2fa-c539-0dcb.jpg

This makes my day) anytime and every time) my job is not to criticise other persons work but to show and educate the client how it should be)
another happy heart is pleased)



I would love to post my newest nail make over but i cant post pix. Anyone willing to let me email them to you so you can post them?

I would love to post my newest nail make over but i cant post pix. Anyone willing to let me email them to you so you can post them?

Yep send them to me) [email protected]

Put descriptions for the photos so it would be clear to others what you used etc. X

Here we go) post on behalf of AllThumbs

5ad6a2fa-d2a0-4b58.jpg

I have here a male nail biter. I sculpted cnd custom blend pink and whites (he requested bright white tips). Regardless of sex i think they look tons better. His nail beds are Naturally a little wide but he was very pleased. Btw his toes were French too! Lol

5ad6a2fa-d2b6-79c5.jpg

AllThumbs

Love this thread! As a newbie I fully appreciate it!! And they are some gorgeous nails ladies! (your of course not the dazzlers from Barbados!! Lol)

Can't wait too see more!! :) xx

here is a before and during & after using the white tip method of extending a nail biters nails. i used nsi pink masque and clear powder over the white tips.these nails would have looked better if i could have used nsi purely pink masque as the pink masque doent suit her skin tone but at the time it was out yet

here is another before & after which im sure many of you have already seen. these are not perfect but i was trying out a method on a friend who wanted her nails done for a wedding.i used akzentz warm coverage gel and used glynis' (peterpans) method of building a free edge without a form as this was a one off .in my opinion the akzentz coverage gel didnt give a great coverage as my other coverage gels would have but again i used what i had,lol

another before & after using a more traditional method of sculpting using nsi purely pink masque and a natural polish for the free edge i hope these all are of some help and a great thread Nataliya.x

here is a before and during & after using the white tip method of extending a nail biters nails. i used nsi pink masque and clear powder over the white tips.these nails would have looked better if i could have used nsi purely pink masque as the pink masque doent suit her skin tone but at the time it was out yet

Do you mind me asking how you applied the product over the gap, i have tried this on myself before, tried working with my usual ratio and didn't work out so tried a bit drier but it still seemed to seep through slightly and i noticed the gap between the nail and the tip on these nails are a lot larger than the gap i have..Would be a great help if i could do this as my nails are so short i can't wear white tips :( and i can't do smile lines on my own nails!

this client was in a hurry to pick up her little one, i think i could have corrected them better with a little more time.
[/IMG]

that didn't work, How do i get my pictures on here?:confused:

I too would love to know how to fill in the gap for severe nail biters!

I too would love to know how to fill in the gap for severe nail biters!

If I remember peterpans instructions right, she puts a bit of solar oil on the skin that is in the gap and contiues as normal. The thing is the product will lift from skin anyway and so long as the client keeps coming back for rebalance there's not much risk of over exposier to the products
Another option would be to use a clear tip put a dashing diva on the end, pink covarge up to the dd and then clear over the dd.
Or:lol: one I have done. clear tip, cover pink in a thin layer over the whole nail, shape nail, cut minx or use shaped trendy wrap for the smile,then use clear over the whole nail to build shape etc.
Great thread xx

You can use C curve sticks underneath the tip to avoid product moving underneath.

Sorry Nat hun only just seen this thread. I have just done an interview for scratch with them, did as you suggested and contacted Alex and she put Becky in touch to do an interview not sure which edition they will be in.
but heres the pics
180556_10150107333922962_615977961_6274591_6535867_n.jpg

These nails were done by another nail technician when client first came to me in Sept 2010, hideous, no cuticle work done and white tips used on a nail biter no CB. Client was so unhappy with them that when she arrived to me a day later she only had 3 of them left on as she had bitten them off.
180556_10150107333917962_615977961_6274590_3252125_n.jpg

The nails after I did a CB using CND products, client wore L&P for 3 months then we converted her to Shellac.
182891_10150107335327962_615977961_6274609_355321_n.jpg

The same 2 nails as the first picture with just Shellac on, 5 months after she first started coming to me. This client has the most amazing strong, healthy, natural nails now and is a completly reformed nail biter who now takes pride in her nails.
180556_10150107333927962_615977961_6274592_6597282_n.jpg

Beautiful.
Jen xxx

Busy bee I'm absolutely amazed. Beautiful work. What a difference you've made to that ladies life and confidence. Well done x

This thread is great. I am just starting the L&P section of my college course and this is really helpful to see your pics. Thanks everyone :)

My niece lives quite far away from me, she came to visit wearing some of the worst nails I've ever seen!
5c0c4307-3c1e-8576.jpg

So I gave them a little make over here are the same nails after!
5c0c4307-3cbc-6c58.jpg

Not great but certainly, better than them big tips they were so wide x

Do you mind me asking how you applied the product over the gap, i have tried this on myself before, tried working with my usual ratio and didn't work out so tried a bit drier but it still seemed to seep through slightly and i noticed the gap between the nail and the tip on these nails are a lot larger than the gap i have..Would be a great help if i could do this as my nails are so short i can't wear white tips :( and i can't do smile lines on my own nails!
if you can see in the picture the gap between the clients own bitten nails and the smile line of the white tips her finger is there so the product does not seep through the gap.
are you trying to extend your nails beds further than the end of you finger? as this will give you a hole and therefore product will seep through.if so then try applying a form underneath this should stop the product from seeping through.
i hope this helps.x

Latest posts

Back