Nail make overs ;)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great thread:)

Katmoz, I would have to agree, those nails in the first pic are just yuck.

How could that nail tech who did them think that looked good? Luckily your niece had you to save the day, what you did made them look heaps better, well done.

Great thread! Thank you for this. Can I just ask that since this is for us newbies that you refrain from using short cuts. LOL Like CB. I have no idea what that is. Or Do this L&P (Liquid and powder) That way we can learn the short cuts as well :) :hug:

CB (Custom Blend):)

Great thread:)

Katmoz, I would have to agree, those nails in the first pic are just yuck.

How could that nail tech who did them think that looked good? Luckily your niece had you to save the day, what you did made them look heaps better, well done.

Thanks!
They were really awful and they wernt cheap really she paid £35 for them!

Busybee, all I can say is, WOW... the nails you did are AMAZING! :)

My niece lives quite far away from me, she came to visit wearing some of the worst nails I've ever seen!
5c0c4307-3c1e-8576.jpg

So I gave them a little make over here are the same nails after!
5c0c4307-3cbc-6c58.jpg

Not great but certainly, better than them big tips they were so wide x
How you kept your self from soaking the lot off I just dont know! great job!

Jeni, you are a star) this is going to rock everyone;) I only hope that tech who did them will recognise the nails in the magazine and choke with embarrassment.

I am glad everyone enjoying the thread, wish more geeks will contribute to it with other masterpieces.

Bare in mind you can upload nail biters too if you have the pics.

Nail designer with a twist;)

Here is another one I had a while ago.

Client came in with severely over buffed nails.

She did not want even to hear about me using L&P or Gel. Wanted as natural as possible, I thought great I can do that with Shellac.

that's what they were like

5ad6a2fa-2df8-b9e6.jpg

I decided to apply Dashing Diva French Wraps to enhance and strengthen the free edge, and also add equity to the French.

5ad6a2fa-2e66-6e14.jpg

And finish with Shellac application ( base coat, 2 coats of Negligee and top coat;)

5ad6a2fa-2f47-857b.jpg

Gorgeous ;)

here is the same client about 2 treatments after. I don't have a picture of natural nails, only finished with shellac.

5ad6a2fa-2fc4-0f75.jpg

I wish I had some before pics, but have only ever taken afters and not many of those, because I'm never really happy with them, but I am heaps happier with my work now, hand on heart I have never, ever produced nails like some of those before nails, not even when I was learning:eek:
Thank you for shareing to everyone:hug:

I had a client who was being a bridesmaid and while I was doing her nails she had a panicked phone call from the bride who'd just had her nails done and hated them..... Send me a pic I say, so she texted this:

http://www.salongeek.com/members/ve...-asked-me-sort-them-out-wedding-next-day.html

She paid £40 for them! I went the next day and didn't have the time to soak off so I evened out the shape, buffed them really thin and used CND Cool Pink to cover the white. Not perfect by a long shot but better.....

http://www.salongeek.com/members/ve...aques-not-perfect-any-stretch-but-better.html

Funny thing was her and the bridesmaid were singing my praises at the reception and among the people listening was my brother so I got feedback from him!

Oh my goodness, they look like a real beginner's nails. How in the world could she think they were worth £40? Plenty of experienced techs can't get that!! Anyway, you saved the day for her. :)

Nataliya I love your Shellac IC and black - so fabulous :wink2:. Did you do that with a dotting tool, sorry that sounds a bit stupid but they are so even - I love them. In fact I want them! :Love:

I had a client who was being a bridesmaid and while I was doing her nails she had a panicked phone call from the bride who'd just had her nails done and hated them..... Send me a pic I say, so she texted this:

http://www.salongeek.com/members/ve...-asked-me-sort-them-out-wedding-next-day.html

She paid £40 for them! I went the next day and didn't have the time to soak off so I evened out the shape, buffed them really thin and used CND Cool Pink to cover the white. Not perfect by a long shot but better.....

http://www.salongeek.com/members/ve...aques-not-perfect-any-stretch-but-better.html

Funny thing was her and the bridesmaid were singing my praises at the reception and among the people listening was my brother so I got feedback from him!

OMG...that transformation is amazing! :)

Vetty, you saved that brides day, thank god she had you in the end.

That first set would have to be the worst set I have ever seen ever, OMG! Yuck and I can't believe the tech had the gall to charge her for something that I wouldn't even describe as enhancements.

But Vetty, you made them look good for her special day and she will talk about you forever now.

Vetty,

Those are a complete cracker! OMG £40, seriously! Yuk!

You have done a fab job on those;) power of CND;) x

Nataliya I love your Shellac IC and black - so fabulous :wink2:. Did you do that with a dotting tool, sorry that sounds a bit stupid but they are so even - I love them. In fact I want them! :Love:

Lol;)

Fedora and Iced Cappuccino. Yes, you are right I do use a dotting tool.

Here is the trick. Dip dotting tool into the colour, place first dot in the middle, then do the rest of them on one side. Clean the tool, dip into colour place in the same place your first one is and do the other side. This way they are equal and even on each side.

Dotting tool is truly fab in doing many things, it looks easy, but it takes a wee while to master. Just play with it on paper. You will become excellent in mo time;)

I have them in different sizes, as I love using the tiniest one.

X

Oh my goodness, they look like a real beginner's nails. How in the world could she think they were worth £40? Plenty of experienced techs can't get that!! Anyway, you saved the day for her. :)

Had a similar situation. Client was getting married, her sister were flying to Edinburgh from London the day before the wedding. I couldn't fit her in on the day of the wedding, she went somewhere in London. Phoned me 4 hrs before her flight. In tears cause they were shockers.

Thank God Ketan Patel, bless his little cotton socks, directed the poor girl to someone who fixed the mess;)

But what if she did not know me or I didn't know anyone in London? Day spoiled.

Such a shame! Makes me really upset;(

Busybee your transformation is beautiful! :hug:

This thread is great! xxx

Latest posts

Back