nails done at nss

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I get quite a lot of business from my own nails - I wear my own nails and when someone asks where I have my nails done, I can say, I do them as I am a nail technician - I wonder what the response would be if you had them done somewhere else - honest or not LOL?

i admit the hygiene was poor and in imo was nss.In hindsight it was a stupid thing to do but i wanted to see what the rave is about i never said anything about mma being used in this salon.i also said i can see why pepole go there as they see there freinds nails and see a nice set of nails so it is in a word word of mouth.That is why they go nails look good and last young girls or pepole who have not trained dont know any thing about prep they think what they see as normal.At the end of the day not just asian salons are nss there are lots os salons that use well known products but still do not practise hygine or could be using something diffrent in there pots than what it says on them.

wow! the question id ask is why did you give your competition money, did they charge extra for the infection by the way? lol

id love to have my nails done by another tech, but i dont know any, and im arsed if im goin to pay someone else to!! I takes me about 4 hrs to do my own...and i wanna collaspse when im done, but it's worth it in the end when ppl comment on your nails and you can say u did them yourself and if your do nails for a living it would draw in more customers.

As always each to their own, im sure he was very skilled and you nails look great, but for me...to pay and run the risk of infection/damage etc...just not worth it!

If one of ur clients/friends said they were goin to go to a nss wat wud you say to them?

Girls,

What is all the fuss about ??

I think Kay knew exactly what she was doing (whether we think it's right or not), but she chose to use herself as a guinnee pig and see what the local salon is like.

I am sure as a trained tech she is aware of the "dangers" that go hand in hand with NS salons. Why give her all this grief ? She is sharing her experience with us.

Yes, I personally would not go to a NS salon, but Kay knew what she was doing. It is her personal choice at the end of the day.

Marlise

Nss give nail tech's a bad name,look at the scare tv thread !

For a trained educated professional to do this ,knowing the risks not only of infection but also damaged caused to the natural nail and the possible use of mma is beyond me.

Then to come on to a site predominately for nail professionals and boast that he did a good job :confused: .

Kay,in the nicest possible way,did you not expect this sort of a reaction when you initially posted the thread.

I am passionate about maintaining and improving standards within our industry,nss go against everything i stand for .

I understand why the public go to nss,they are misinformed but as nail tech's who frequent this site ,we are armed with information !

give the girl a break!!

i think all the 'fuss' is because we spend most of our 'nail life' trying to educate ppl on correct hygenic proceedures and that it's worth paying a little extra or taking a little more time out to have you nails done by someone who is qualified and hygenic. Personally if there were no nss it would make life a lot easier, firstly because i wudn have new clients with damaged nails and secondly id have more clients. so for a nail tech to keep these salons in business by giving them her money kinda irks me.

Nss give nail tech's a bad name,look at the scare tv thread !

For a trained educated professional to do this ,knowing the risks not only of infection but also damaged caused to the natural nail and the possible use of mma is beyond me.

Then to come on to a site predominately for nail professionals and boats that he did a good job :confused: .

Kay,in the nicest possible way,did you not expect this sort of a reaction when you initially posted the thread.

I am passionate about maintaining and improving standards within our industry,nss go against everything i stand for .

I understand why the public go to nss,they are misinformed and as nail tech's who frequent this site ,we are armed with information !

Becki,

I TOTALLY agree with you about NS salons, no if's or but's about it. I personally would never set foot in one.

But as mentioned, Kay was aware of what she was doing, that is her PERSONAL choice.

How many of our clients when you try and educate them say "Oh, but they are so fast, cheap etc etc." and then just keep going back ? Sometimes I think it would be easier hitting my head against a brick wall. :irked:

Kay has made her choice and if she thinks the end result looks good, then that is up to her. That doesn't mean there won't be any damage to her natural nails or that she won't get an greenies etc etc.

But once again, it was her PERSONAL choice to do it.

Marlise

Absolutley Marlise,however i wouldn't post a thread if i didn't want peeps opinions chick x

so for a nail tech to keep these salons in business by giving them her money kinda irks me.

I don't think she is keeping them in business. From what I understand, this was a once of visit to check out the competition.

Why the hell not I say. I know we need to concentrate on our own business and not worry about the competition, but if you have the time and money, why not check them out.

I think Kay now has a better understanding of how they work and the procedures that they follow and will be able to advise her clients better for it.

Marlise

Absolutley Marlise,however i wouldn't post a thread if i didn't want peeps opinions chick x

I hear ya, but some of the opinions are a bit OTT ......... :hug:

Marlise

Girls,

I am sure as a trained tech she is aware of the "dangers" that go hand in hand with NS salons. Why give her all this grief ? She is sharing her experience with us.

Have to agree here, she is jut sharing her experience. It is very easy for everyone to jump up and down on NSS salons and say they are all bad, and we all know of people who have come away with terrible experiences, and damage, BUT there are an awful lot of people that go and don't have any problems, which I think was the general point of this thread.

I know 3 people that go to NSS salons and have done for over 3 years, none of which have had any problems, so when I try and warn them how bad they are my argument kind of falls flat.

So how do we educate people that these places can cause so much damage when as far as they are concerned each time they walk away having experience no discomfort during the service, with no problems and nails that last?

Of course it's keeping them in business, it's giving them money...how many other supposedly informed techs are goin 'just once'??

I wouldn't want to line there pockets with my hard earned cash...whilst they keep getting clients they will stay in business.....your feeding there business and that in turn can damages ours.

They are your nails to do with what you want, and its your money....but i have to say i think it goes against the grain of any nail tech to go to such a place. x

yeah i knew it would be something like this BUT i have always done my own nails which i have to say i hate doing now that is one reason i wanted them done most of the salons round here use tip &dip well as i used to use it im not going to pay 50.00 quid for that and do we know if they spray there buffers in between clients no we dont.Also i went into a salon first that yes looked clean and she couldent do me as she was having her hair brushed there was noone in the salon.Fair enough she could have been waiting for a client but that was no good to me.so of i went to the place where a lot of my younger clients have been to see for myself.I hope i dont get an infectiopn if i do that is my own stupid fault and i will go back to the salon.BUT you can go to any salon or mobile tech and have your nails ruined pick up an infection as i have had in the past .Just because someone is trained dosent meen there good and can cause a lot of damage.Like i said i am pleased with my nails there was no pain they look good ,

Of course it's keeping them in business, it's giving them money...how many other supposedly informed techs are goin 'just once'??

I think the young girlies who don't have big money to spend and the older women who want something fast and the peeps that simply don't care about their nails probably keep them more in business that the techs that try them out just once.

Just my opinion.

But thats my point, they dont know any better....we do!!

But thats my point, they dont know any better....we do!!

She just went once !!

Yes she knows better and by reading some of the replies on here, she probably would never go again :lol: (Kay, PLEASE don't go again) :hug:

All I'm saying is that she's shared her experience with us and maybe we should lay off a bit ......

Marlise

we know better because we are trained:) a lot of these pepole that go there dont really care and dont know any better just quick nice nails i have told clients and yes some wont go there others:smack:

:irked: would any of you be honest and admit you have been i bet not

Latest posts

Back