nails done at nss

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i agree its a personal choice and im sorry if my opinions seem a little strong...but i just think they are why extensions can have a bad name.

:irked: would any of you be honest and admit you have been i bet not

I wouldn't have to,i would not set foot in a place like that !

I do admire your courage though .

So how do we educate people that these places can cause so much damage when as far as they are concerned each time they walk away having experience no discomfort during the service, with no problems and nails that last?
I've been watching this thread with interest and listening/reading to everyone's opinions.

Here's my take on it so far...

We educate our clients regarding what to look for in a HSS (high standard salon).

We educate our clients regarding what a high quality enhancement should look like.

We educate our clients regarding how a quality treatment should be performed.

We educate our clients regarding the potential risks they take by frequenting NSS's.

We educate our clients regarding the potential damage that can be caused to their nails.

We educate our clients regarding the potential infections they can end up with.

the list goes on and on and Ariston :wink2:

If people still want to go to these salons then that's their choice at the end of the day...
...however, we have got to expect passionate opinions when a qualified nail technician makes the decision to go to a NSS when she/he is fully aware of the potential risks involved.

:irked: would any of you be honest and admit you have been i bet not

wouldn't have to cos i wouldn't go...Kay it was your choice to go and i don't deny anyone the right to choose what they want to do, but its also our choice to make remarks on how we feel about it, since it was you who decided to tell us....it doesn't make you a bad person and it doesn't change the way we feel about you....just that some of us don't understand why you would want to......would you rather we all said "hey Kay thats fab news, might go there myself tomorrow, cant wait to nip to the local NSS, so glad you like them"....we wouldn't be being honest with you babes. :hug:

I know I couldn't set foot in one, but admire Kay for her honesty.

Knowing the infection risk and the damage that could be done would be incentive enough to keep away, but what if one of my customers saw me in an NSS:eek:! After all the information I give my clients about hygiene and good quality products, I'd never live it down - and quite rightly so!

Opinions to one side for now cos i think you have probably heard them all, will you let us know if you do get an infection or greenie or any other problems from going to somewhere unsanitry over the next few weeks as it will be interesting to know how they stand up to the test of time :eek:

What an interesting thread.

I have to say I admire Kay for her honesty, and think she's as entitled as anyone to have a neb, however do question why anyone who knows about nail hygine and the (lack) of standard practice in an NSS would put themselves through something that could not only be harmful to themselves but also potentially harmful to their clients (secondary infection, cross-infection) a little bit :irked: .

I do also agree with a post (sorry can't remember who) saying that many (certified) nail technicians have sometimes questionable end results. I have been to salons where prehaps the hygine standards aren't quite up to the high levels I will (once I've passed) endeavour to achieve, and the end result (of the nails) has been not that great in all honesty :eek: .

I feel like nails is a difficult industry to crack (for want of a better word), standards are all over the place and it's a shame for many of the geeks who take the industry as seriously as you all seem to. I know that when I pass my NVQ and (hopfully) my foundation in November that is just the begining, continual learning and watching the industry for new developments is the only way forward for serious nail techs, it's hard to tell sometimes the professional from the self taught or those uninterested in doing a professional job (perhaps someone who's jumped on the bandwagon just to make some 'easy cash') until it's too late.........

YES I AM QUALIFIED AND INSURED NOT SELF TAUGHT I TRAINED WITH PROFESSIONAL NAILS - AND YES THESE 3 PEOPLE I AM TALKING ABOUT HAD CERTIFICATES ON THE WALLS TO SAY THEY WERE QUALIFIED CREATIVE NAIL TECHS

OOPS SORRY FOR CAPITALS

I have only trained this year and I Am no way near as good as some of the fantastic people on here so i understand that you all must have trained long and hard and that in time my nails will hopefully look as beautiful as some of the pictures i see on here but they are definately not from the 3 ladies in question .

cheers
gail

An example of misunderstanding a post: you said ".... that is why I trained myself...." then I read your profile: and it said NOTHING of the training you had...... so along with this quote I ASSUMMED you had taught yourself. I am sorry to of assumed that gail. Please, guys fill out your profiles so we can all have an all round better view of what we are talking about when we reply. Also, (and yes I am guilty of this) take time to read back though post and check grammer so it makes sense to the reader! ".... this is why I decided to make sure I was properly trained...."
Sorry gail x

The thread is about this nail tech visiting an NSS salon. She posted it and therefore was asking for our opinion..... no one likes the idea, because she is trained and knows the reasons why she would not sit there and have a set done by these salons. I hope he washed his hands after his bathroom trip... and I hope the 20 people who visited him before you did too!!!!:eek:

we know better because we are trained:) a lot of these pepole that go there dont really care and dont know any better just quick nice nails i have told clients and yes some wont go there others:smack:

You know these clients you have told not to go there? What would you say if you'd been sitting there and they'd walked passed and saw you?

What an interesting thread.

I do also agree with a post (sorry can't remember who) saying that many (certified) nail technicians have sometimes questionable end results. I have been to salons where prehaps the hygine standards aren't quite up to the high levels I will (once I've passed) endeavour to achieve, and the end result (of the nails) has been not that great in all honesty :eek: .

i was a model for someone on a course yesterday at a very well known and well respected company. The other techs on the course (supposedly at a very high level) were calling the monomer Water. The tutor on the course made a racist remarks and i was totally horrified. This is supposed to be top level training and if i'd paid for it id not be a happy bunny

Very brave of you to post, entireley your decision but i am puzzled!:eek:

Of course damage can be done with a traditional file !

The title of your thread say's it was nss , neither myself nor Judy jumped to this assumption that it was nss because they use e files , heck Peter pan is a grand master,she is also trained in the use of e files,the two don't necessarily go together !

Are you trying to say that everyone who e-files is a NSS??? Just curious...

Of course damage can be done with a traditional file !

The title of your thread say's it was nss , neither myself nor Judy jumped to this assumption that it was nss because they use e files , heck Peter pan is a grand master,she is also trained in the use of e files,the two don't necessarily go together !

Are you trying to say that everyone who e-files is a NSS??? Just curious...

My post says the opposite hun !

That i did not assume that e files mean nss x

hi everyone, new to the site but not to the trade, plees tell me wat nss is?:)

Ohh i see, and i can see that i am going to be hooked to this site, it looks fab, can anyone tell me a good place to get a diamante picker upper tool? x
Thanks for the quick answer on nss xx

HI,

Try doing a search as there is lots of info or start a new thread as yours will get lost in this one.

Marlise

everyone is entitled to do things in their own way....

sometimes for some people.. HEARING about something is not enough... they need to EXPERIENCE things for themselves to be able to give their own opinions and to judge what is right and what is wrong....

how many of us here have been told that smoking is bad for your health and can kill you.. and then how many of us here keep on smoking anyway....?

it is entirely up to the individual....

I think you were very brave to have your nails done at the NSS as a direct way of checking out your competition. To me, competition is - plain and simple - competition. If MY competition has more business than me, then I wouldn't care if they were NSS or not, I'd CHECK THEM OUT. I'd want to know EXACTLY WHY people are flocking there, and I'd prefer to experience first hand, than to assume.. I may very well have done what you have done :)

I think you were very brave to have your nails done at the NSS as a direct way of checking out your competition. To me, competition is - plain and simple - competition. If MY competition has more business than me, then I wouldn't care if they were NSS or not, I'd CHECK THEM OUT. I'd want to know EXACTLY WHY people are flocking there, and I'd prefer to experience first hand, than to assume.. I may very well have done what you have done :)

I agree with this.

I am in no way saying that we should all go to a NSS, and we all know the dangers. BUT from experience I have tried to warn friends of the dangers, told them about hygeine and how a service should be performed etc., they look at me like I am making a big fuss about nothing. My argument about the long term damage falls apart as they have been going there for 3 years.

Its very easy to suck our teeth and shake our heads about NSS and quite rightly but I don't think we should slate someone who has had the courage to see for themselves first hand. This is a trained profesional who can recognise if things were developing and could put them right herself.

I do also have to agree with the point someone made that for every horror story about NSS there are almost as many from people that have been to 'qualified profesionals'

Latest posts

Back