Nails - passion or addiction?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RedAdmiral

Reaction score
Hello group my name is Redadmiral and I'm a Nailaholic! I'm a confessed training junkie, product junkie, mad magazine subscriber, books, dvds websites watcher & nail gallery peeping tom!:o I'm 6 years in and I want to know when will it end? whats going on - is this healthy?

It used to be a joke that I was a nail geek that I lived & breathed nails, first thing on my mind every morning, last thing at night, going through the motions in my dreams but recently its started to nark me :mad:
Dont get me wrong I could never do anything else and I do LOVE my industry but recently I've looked at my life and unfortunetly - I'm a little bit sad!
I may be in the minority but I only have 500+ posts and I started out back in the day of samuelsweet.com some of you have 1000's - is anyone else like this?
I recenty finished my city & guilds teaching diploma and hooray - i'm no longer a student but what do I want to do next.............. Tammy Taylor conversion course. My partner refused so I told him that it would be the last one ever yeah right he says. So I told him that if we put it on the card I would forfeit my 7 year anniversary present ................. and i did!
I'm a little ashamed as I have a very small wardrobe but have 6 uniforms, hardly take holidays and put all my money into training, products or books/dvds
Is anyone else like this? Do you HAVE to have the latest product? has it gotten you anywhere fabulous? is nails your passion :D or addiction? :evil:

Hello peeps.

My name is Amethyst_Angel and I am a nailaholic.

I seem to have exactly the same problem as you, RedAdmiral. I can't stop thinking about nails. When I'm watching TV or at the cinema, I'm watching the actors/actresses nails. I am subscribed to every nail thing that I have found so far, and yes, I am also addicted to training! I've not finished my CND Foundation yet, but already I am flicking through the Creative Nail Academy brochure (will it be the Brisa or the CreativeSpa course next?). I also want to do a nail art *AND* an airbrushing course. I can't enough! I also must confest to being a complete product junkie. There is no longer enough space in my house for all of my nail stuff...

Oh Dont get me started about the nail cupboard or the nail library (bookshelf with only magazines and nail books!) I'm actually laughing but its not funny! I'm in a 1bed flat and the €7500 I spent in d last year could be deposit for a house!
Does anyone remeber the Sex and the city where Carrie breaks up with Aidan and has to buy her flat and realises she spent $40,000 on shoes -thats me! but no loboutins in sight 4 me!

I am a nail addict and a competition junkie - HELP! I love the industry and just can't keep up with all teh education I need and want. It is an industry which is every changing and we need to keep abreast of those changes. All this keeps me motivated and keeps my clients happy.

I am a competition junkie cause I just can't resist entering, despite all the hard work, stress, time and money involved. :)

Your right, this industry is ever changing and clearly going from strength to strength I just have to remember to factor in some me-time
Did you ever forfeit pressies for a nail course tho?

Your right, this industry is ever changing and clearly going from strength to strength I just have to remember to factor in some me-time
Did you ever forfeit pressies for a nail course tho?

The majority of my courses are birthday, Christmas or anniversary presents....romantic eh? :lol:
Tbh I'd rather have something useful that helps my business than a load of stuff I don't want or need.

ooooh can I join , !!
My name is Emma and I am nailaholic yayyyyyyyyyy

only today my boyfriend offered to buy me a present , and asked what I wanted ....why I'll have money to go towards more products thankyou very much lol,
for my birthday last year, he and my daughters bought me props to use for my nail photo's :lol:
and money in a card for nail products

I love nails, not only nails but l+p, I love what I can do with it , I love it alllllll
I do need to take more training etc...but all that will come in time, for the moment I am concentrating on starting up my business,
thats enough for me to cope with at the mo ,

i am exactly as you describe too:eek:

my mind is constantly buzzing with nail ideas. when i go to show i rarely buy anything new, but only because i already have everything !

i think i am beginning to get better, i have tried almost everything on the market and now keep to a much smaller line of products that i feel are the best. but i would never have discovered them had i not tried everything in the first place.

i caught myself considering doing a course in singapore the other night:eek:
in fact i still havent ruled it out !

I'm also nailcholic, I dreamed doing nail while sleep. I think of nail every single days! and my nail getting better & better each days. I'm still want to learn more...I live and a wide range of nails.

Definitely a passion for me too, I spend my money on training and competitions and can happily talk nails all day long if allowed to.. in fact will be doing just that tonight when I am out with Miss big bum:lol:

well when people say addict its not always looked at as a good thing... its definitly my passion i love what i do i never dread a day at work, love doing courses trying new things!!!

i am a comp junkie too i just can't help myself :lol:

i am a naill geek addict tho i spend far too much time on here lol xxx

Hello my name is Fiona and I am also an addict..............

Since starting out in this industry, everything is about nails!!!!!!! I have found a product that I love and have converted to everything just fiberglass to go!:lol: My family now know what to get me for pressies, for my birthday I got a conversion course!!!!!

When someone says, oh I love your nails my hubby's eyes glaze over and I can see the "here we go" thought going through his head. My 10 year old daughter even asks me on a daily basis," So mum what's happening on the geek today?":eek:

My house is has nail equipment, magazines, you name it in virtually every room. I am an addict and proud :) or should that say passsionate and proud?

Yay! I knew I wasnt alone!
I'm not really narked I'm a geek and proud I know in my heart it will never end and I dont want it to. Even himself told his colleagues that I'm the only person he knows who loves their job!
I do draw the line at my birthday a girls gotta get some pressies right?

Thanks girls I feel less bad now and I know theres more of you out there!!!
(must get off site he's giving me beady eye right now!)

Hi, I am Talented Talons and i am a Nailaholic!! (phew glad to get that off my chest, lol)

I have to say, i was really bad when i first started out, to the point that my Hubby was getting peeved that i would be on here than doing the much needed housework that i said I'd be doing. Everything revolved around nails, products training etc.

I am better now in that i stick to one product company, (EZ Flow) only do training when i need to, and actually have found myself making a great business out of what i love doing.

Finally my Hubby can see that i am serious about what i do and the fact it is growing into a successful business now. He also used to get that glazed look come over him if the subject of nails comes up, but now he realizes how passionate i am about what i do and how important it is to me, he even promotes what i do if he answers the phone to a potential client. (bless him)

I will always do training, buy new products, but i do limit myself and try and only get what i need now. I do have my weak moments occasionally, but i think we are all entitled to those. I love this site and try not to come on here at all times of night and day like i used to. To show how understanding he is, he even bought a laptop, so we can both be on the internet at the same time...pmsl. He said, well, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em. LOL.

Hi
my name is Suzy and I am a nailaholic.......

I think about nails 24/7 and strive to be better all the time.

I have always had a passion for nails since a small child watching my mum transform her bittern nails into beautiful talons in half an hour using the eyelure stick ons when she wasn't looking I used to nick them and stick them on my own nails and parade them off to all my friends.......
I love nails and always look at everybody's constantly.

The downside to the addiction is I am never pleased with what I do as I want to do better all the time.
I used to be a product junkie but am now concentrating on getting my business off the ground so I'm learning a new skill which is don't buy anything unless you really need to....

I must say I love my job so much

Latest posts

Back