need advice re client, who always seems to have lifting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jac extreme

Reaction score
this is a relatevly new client who been comng to me for about 3 months and in that time on every appoinment she has severe lifting (from left hand corner on all nails its completely lifted off the nail) on her index finger and thumb on both hands. she has very crooked nails and the nails have seperated from the nail beds on her thumbs over half way up her nails, down the left side, she said they have always been this way.

I have tried every conceivable thing with prep and application, had them shorter, squared them off, got her to come every two weeks (at her old salon she was going three) this time on the four that need replacing I used brisa instead and rebalanced the others with brisa too, if this does not work I intend to scream then try Fabric, unless anyone can give me some much needed advice.:rolleyes:

i am very helpful:lol: just chop them off no more propblemxx have you asked her what was happening at her old place?

I have vicki, it was a creative salon thats why she picked me when she moved. I am truly stumped, I did wonder wether her old tech might have used radical rather than retention, so that could be worth a try.

jac extreme said:
I have vicki, it was a creative salon thats why she picked me when she moved. I am truly stumped, I did wonder wether her old tech might have used radical rather than retention, so that could be worth a try.

i hope you crack it love don't forget to post when you have tell us all what you did

I felt like I was cornered once when a lady came to me and she lost the 1st set after a few days, I did a 2nd set and low and behold she lost them too. I never did find out what happened, she just didnt want them anymore. It makes you feel bad because you don't know what they are thinking. You tell them it doesnt normally happen............but do they believe you???????
You know you do a good job Jac.
Which makes it more frustrating for you.
I cant suggest anything as you have tried everything I WOULD suggest.
Good luck in finding out.

hi jac,
i have had a couple like this and god isnt it dis heartning and frustrating,
with mine ive also tried different methods ,
i really think its down to their lifestyle or job, my last problem girl i saw on wednesday did a repair and noticed yet again all lifting so said this is the last try, "she said why what we gonna do then?",
i said "im gonna kill myself!!!!"

at least she can laugh with me whilst i try and get to the bottom of it!!!
good luck jac , and let us know if you sort it xxx

Hi honey,

What sort of work does she do? Does she do alot of typing? Does she or did she use any metal objects to clean under her thumbs before ever coming to you? Is she on any medication at all or just changed her medication? Does she use her solaroil twice per day and every day even underneath her own nail?

These are questions from my experience only, lets hope you get to the bottom of this? :hug: :hug:

xxxx

she is still doing heavy work at the moment as she has just moved unpacking boxes then once thats all sorted you have the decorating cleaning all sorts, she has also been under loads of stress, that can do all sorts to everyting in your body.

Tricky said:
she is still doing heavy work at the moment as she has just moved unpacking boxes then once thats all sorted you have the decorating cleaning all sorts, she has also been under loads of stress, that can do all sorts to everyting in your body.

eh???
im lost now, is it your client or jacs????

lotus blossom said:
eh???

ME TOO!!! :irked:

lotus blossom said:
eh???

a huge change in lifestiyle, and these posts aint helping jac so i will be moving away from this thread :)

Hi Jacqui
Try an acid-based primer or Radical and see if that helps.
Can you contact her last nail tech for help or advice about her?
I think if she is lifting with LnP she may not be a good candicate for fabric.
In your prep did you use any of the boosters ie nail fresh?
What job/work does she do? Does she use household chemicals alot like bleach (this can lead to lifting if my memory is correct)
Hope any of the above helps.

I also think it would be a good idea to contact her last tech (she might even be a geek!) and get a bit of information, that way you are not working so blind. If doctors do it then so can we! Good luck.xx

I would try NailFresh, Acid Free Primer, ScrubFresh and Radical which is particularly for lift prone clients.

I have been doing nail fresh acid free primer scrub fresh and retention + need to order some more radical in. and give that a try.

Urban Geek said:
I would try NailFresh, Acid Free Primer, ScrubFresh and Radical which is particularly for lift prone clients.

hi chris, i thought retention+ was for lift prone clients and radical was for heavy handers? ( or summat) lol

Yes you are right Nikki....Radical is for tougher nail enhancements for the heavy handed client prone to breakages....And Retention+ is Keratin bonding for the more lift prone client....

Ooops! Sorry folks! Perhaps Radical would still be worth a go, if you already have some Jac x

I have a client who had terrible lifting I did her and her mum together and her mums were always fine, one comment I had was were her nails thin as this can cause lifting. Also I found that she typed all day and that she used the end of her nails!!! she also said she was so excited about her nails that when she wasnt typing she spent the time tapping them on her desk, I asked her to try not to do this and also applied uv gloss on the top and her lifting has stopped.

Latest posts

Back