Need New Business Account, who is best?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poshfloss

Reaction score
Hi All,
I need to open a new business account, who is best?
Please don't suggest Nat West, had my fill of them. Just closed an account with them, but for a different business.
Now I need one for my nails & tanning?
Any advice please?
Thanks all.
Lotsa luv x x :hug: :hug: x x

I agree natwest are diabolical,
i have never had any problems with my business account in HSBC and i have had that one for over 2 years, hth :hug:

lol...:lol: i was with natwest! but when my free banking ran out i moved to hsbc for there 18 months free banking, and then they closed my local branch:irked: so i moved back to natwest because of the 2 year free banking deal they offered. plus they have little branches with free parking everywhere near me. never had a problem with either other than ques for the cashier... so frustrating!!! but thats been in both!

definitely definitely definitely alliance & leicester. No bank charges EVER! Only clause is you have to pay in a min of £1000 per month, but thats not too much to ask i don't think anyway. You can also pay money and cheques in at any post office to save you having to trail into branch all the time - miles more convenient for me. I honestly can't rave about them enough.. :)

Abbey.
Free business banking, no mimimum/maximum payment limits into your account or anything like that and internet banking available too. Been with them about 5 years with no problem.

HSBC.....however i am having major trauma with them over setting up merchant services......3 times they have got the paper work wrong which i delaying me in accepting card payments!!! If you do need to set up merchant services check confirm check again confirm again just to make sure before they send you documents out!! xx

I opened an abbey business account over the phone yesterday and they were very helpful. Cash has to be paid in through an abbey cashpoint though so if not one near you that could be a downside. As a new business the free banking was very attractive. Not sure if it will change though when they all come under Santander?

I cannot comment on business accounts but I have banked with Alliance and Leicester for over 20 years I would definately recommend them. I have never had any problems, in fact in times of hardship they have been extremely understanding. I used to have my mortgage with them and I really wish I had stayed with them.

So I would not hesitate to have my business account with them when I set up my own business.

anne xx

definitely definitely definitely alliance & leicester. No bank charges EVER! Only clause is you have to pay in a min of £1000 per month, but thats not too much to ask i don't think anyway. You can also pay money and cheques in at any post office to save you having to trail into branch all the time - miles more convenient for me. I honestly can't rave about them enough.. :)

I was looking at them yesterday, account looks great! If there is not one near you, you can deposit at the post office too, which is handy. I'm thinking of switching.

We just switched our mortgage to them and they are great!

Latest posts

Back