Nervous about this but here's my website.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unless its a buffer

Oh really, I meant the Hollywood Toes ones? If they're your own, i'd get them on the Home page of your site, definitely make it look more professional with professional pics rather than having a 'before and after' clip :)

Also the 'acrylic enhancement' pic is clearer and nicer to look at than your home page pic, I'd really consider changing it as not everyone will look through the album.

From what i've learnt on here, you shouldn't ever need to soak off.

Please dont take this the wrong way Emily but there is also a lot of misinformation on this site too at times, some posts need to be taken With a pinch of salt, lol ;)

the treatment pics there's only one or two on there of mine but no agree with what ur saying just means I'll have to do more nails! What a chore! But just thought for now as long as there's pics on their showing the treatments and then my gallery showing my work thought it would be ok for the time being just to show what the treatments are do u think I should take them off ?
No, definitely don't think you should take them off, they do look nice and like you say, give people an idea of what work you offer.

I do think you need to write something saying that the pics aren't your own work though, I'm not 100% sure? :) (for legal reasons)

It's good that you've set the page up and I see why you've put on all what you've put on as you obviously want to fill it up, just don't put on too much that isn't your own from professional pics as people may question why you feel the need... maybe that's just me though.

That's not me being rude to you, I hope it doesn't come across that way, I've also trained and know that I've now taken off the pics I first started with - there's nothing wrong with your work, I just think the pics need to be slightly more focused :)

With regards to your website-just keep tweaking it and view it as if you where a potential customer that has just found it.
Im not a nail tech....yet .....but I do run a very sucessful online business with my partner . We have been tweaking our site for the best part of 18months to get it right lol and theres still bits that pee me off tbh :D

Id post my site here but its as far away from nails as you could possibly get lol x

Please dont take this the wrong way Emily but there is also a lot of misinformation on this site too at times, some posts need to be taken With a pinch of salt, lol ;)
Haha true, I wouldn't take it the wrong way, I appreciate the advice - I soak sets off too sometimes but it did seem logical to keep the same set on unless you've used patterned tips etc.

Haha true, I wouldn't take it the wrong way, I appreciate the advice - I soak sets off too sometimes but it did seem logical to keep the same set on unless you've used patterned tips etc.

:) xx

I think your site looks good.

I agree with the post above that the text on the Swarovski nails page is really difficult to read.

I also think it may be better to talk about yourself personally rather than talk about "lauren" or "us"

If it is you on your own, I think you should sell yourself and say "I have a passion for nails" etc

You prices have to be opened as a seperate Word document. I think it would be better to have these within the site as people want the information NOW! without having to open another doc.

Although I don't know much about nails, I hope that doesn't stop me critiquing your website.

I did wonder though, Is it really illegal to use an electric file on a natural nail? I didn't know that!

Main reason I wrote about myself in a third party is because it then comes across as a business.

No that's fine all feedback welcome
I'm going from info I've had from my tutor she's been in the business along time and is an educator I'm just assuming like someone else said everyone does things different and I'm doing what I've been taught.

So need more pics which I'm sure I will have by time I start up next year. New picture to make the 411 page more readable and create a separate page as approsed to a word document. Is the company name
And slogan ok? X

Just a heads up hunni on your about us page 2nd paragraph you have mis-spelt products (the 2nd one) spelt prodcuts.
On the 411 page you have spelt there wrong should be their and you really do need to remove the infil 2 times only statement as that is not correct, maybe for Nail Harmony it is but some other companies enhancements have more colour stablisers in removing the need for soak off and redo.
Therefore you will need to ammend it to say that you will never infill more than twice. Not they should never have more than 2 infils, as you cant tie everyone into the same brush iykwim.
Also I completely agree that the picture behind the writing on the 411 makes it extremely difficult to read the write up.
On your treatment page 4, you cannot say that Gelish is a hybrid as it is a thin viscocity gel, in no way, shape or form is it anything like Shellac. So you will have to remove that statement or you may be faced with a legal dispute, Shellac is a fusion,of solvents and oligimers to create a power polish. Gelish is a thin viscocity gel in a polish bottle it does not have solvents like Shellac, so you cannot say they are the same and mislead your clients.
And again on page 7 you have said that Minx and Kooky are the same thing, they are not. Again you will need to remove that statement
Overall apart from these few issues the site is looking good. Just as the others have said with some of the pictures. Afterall you want to display your work to the best ability, and unfocused pictures will more than likely put your clients off.
:hug:

Last edited:
Just a heads up hunni on your about us page 2nd paragraph you have mis-spelt products (the 2nd one) spelt prodcuts.
:hug:

lol thank you quite sure i will come across more. thanks everyone really appreciate this!! x

looks lush. i cant see prices tho, comes up with blank pages x

Have noticed a few typing & spelling errors too.

I hope you don't mind me pointing these out but it can make a site look unprofessional if these aren't corrected. (My typing is appalling as I type way too fast - I know)!

On your after care page it should say, "We want you to stay delighted with youR new nails (it says, you)

Have your nails maintained done (should say have your nail maintenance done)

Never pull, pick or pry at your nail enhancements off (this doesn't read properly so you need to remove the "at" or the "off")

Lastly, your quote "Their jewels" should be "They're jewels"

Hope that helps.

p.s. really like your contact page

Have noticed a few typing & spelling errors too.

I hope you don't mind me pointing these out but it can make a site look unprofessional if these aren't corrected. (My typing is appalling as I type way too fast - I know)!

On your after care page it should say, "We want you to stay delighted with youR new nails (it says, you)

Have your nails maintained done (should say have your nail maintenance done)

Never pull, pick or pry at your nail enhancements off (this doesn't read properly so you need to remove the "at" or the "off")

Lastly, your quote "Their jewels" should be "They're jewels"

Hope that helps.

p.s. really like your contact page

i had a job on getting that contact form to connect to my business email i tell you but luckily managed to do it!!

lol i think when your typing so fast and your on a role you dont think about things sometimes!! lol thanks guys!!

I've updated the site as ur comments have come through so anymore please feel free.

Thanks geeks xx

Can't open it on the iPad I'm getting lunch in N.Y like others!:D

why not contact your educator for some correct info you can put on your website?? may help you alot!

Also i would remove the pics on your home page until you get a best quality one and it doesn't look very professional!

Also the purple box above the pictures that flashes? i would get rid of that and just have it on a plain back ground along with the Harmony logo on the 441 page it looks silly and it hard to read

i think you need to go through it all and strip it back to bare minim its all flashing a different colour! its confusing and just too much! i would pick 2/3 main colour you want your business to be associated with and stick with them! x

Lol I'm on a iPad and it comes up as a sandwich website aswell.x

Also the purple box above the pictures that flashes? i would get rid of that and just have it on a plain back ground along with the Harmony logo on the 441 page it looks silly and it hard to read

i think you need to go through it all and strip it back to bare minim its all flashing a different colour! its confusing and just too much! i would pick 2/3 main colour you want your business to be associated with and stick with them! x
Agree with all this.

Once away from the Home Page, the site does look better but your Home Page should be the most intriguing part and if I clicked on that, I probably wouldn't look much further - it all looks quite 'young', rather than classy professional - this is really only on the Home Page though :)

hey hun nice website the only thing i'd point out is some pictures not being clear which has already been mentioned but apart from that clear and easy to read and nice overall design :) x

Only other thing I'd add is that your navigation menus seem to be in a different place all the time, might just be me but I like to know where I'm going to get to the next page of interest.

On the home page they're on the left, then it' top right, bottom right, bottom left etc.

I'd find one position and anchor it there to make it easier for navigation.

Same goes for navigating between pages on the treatment menu

The site looks great. One other spelling error which I don't think others have noticed "dependant" is used a few times and it should be "dependent"

i.e.

Treatment is dependent on time
My son is only my dependant

Latest posts

Back