New Gelish colours. Love in bloom

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I couldn't get it thinner !!

:biggrin: I had trouble doing it thin enough on my colorpop, but it has been fine on clients. I think its quite hard to see if a little bit has pooled IYKWIM, I just go over it with a virtually dry brush. I don't know any other reason why a gel would wrinkle other than a thick patch.

I have the new colours and no massive problems yet - a couple are thicker for sure but I can just about work with them. Not my favourite colours to work with though....

As I said I also have OPI Gelcolor and Shellac.
I have some older Gelish colours like Samuri, Good Gossip and 2 others that I can't remember the names if ( wish longing?) , I found them a bit of a pain as they were very 'watery' and needed 3 coats and still the depth of colour wasn't there IMO.
The new 'Love in Bloom' collection is definitely thicker , I think you can't mess around with it, apply it and cure , no 'faffing around' or it 'pulls'.

But I have noticed similar issues with the GelColor as well , Russian Navy is thicker and is to me,a similar consistency and requires the same quick, confident application as the new Gelish colours whereas OPI ink is a pain as it is watery like the early Gelish colours and needs 3 coats.

They are both great value though as a bottle lasts for ages with no thickening which is one of my main bugbears with Shellac.

I love the colour of Sweet Morning Dew, but boy it's thick.

I've got over 40 Gelish colours, most are 2-3 coats & the odd couple like Black Shadow which require 3-4, so i know how to apply coats thinly.

I did my thumb 3 times, each time i tried to get it really thin to prevent the wrinkling, but the colour pulled cause it was so thick or was so patchy it needed 3 thin layers to get an even coverage but then wrinkles started to show through.

I even did it on the salon managers toes this afternoon, dead thin & hey presto ... wrinkled big toe.

I can almost hear the CND is the best polish & everything else is crap geeks laughing at this thread cause i think Gelish may have made a slight boo-boo with this collection since so many people are having issues.

I got mine from Sally's on special order .... might ring them in the morning.

I hope I didn't offend you Wonda, sorry if I did, it was not my intention. Maybe you just have an iffy bottle which should go back.

Rinn, that's interesting. I did the OPI GelColor training. I used Russian Navy on my model. I decided I didn't like the product. During feedback the trainer said I was too far away from the sidewalls and cuticle. I was mortified as I pride myself on my ability to do this perfectly on every client normally :sad: On the way home I suddenly wondered if it was because the product shrank and I'm not used to that.

Now I am wondering if I didn't give GelColor a proper chance if I was using a colour that can be troublesome. It did seem very thick.

Anyway, back on topic. Since I sent my He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not back, what colour do you think every other client has asked for? :o

If you are having problems with he loves me, he loves me not I have this colour called 'fly' from the ACG collection - it applies fine and I have had no issue with fading - not sure if the colours are similar though, it's tough to gage from the images I have seen. Also tried TIO in my sweet morning dew and it worked loads better :) xx

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1362693446.417106.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1362693446.417106.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 1,375
I hope I didn't offend you Wonda, sorry if I did, it was not my intention. Maybe you just have an iffy bottle which should go back.

Rinn, that's interesting. I did the OPI GelColor training. I used Russian Navy on my model. I decided I didn't like the product. During feedback the trainer said I was too far away from the sidewalls and cuticle. I was mortified as I pride myself on my ability to do this perfectly on every client normally :sad: On the way home I suddenly wondered if it was because the product shrank and I'm not used to that.

Now I am wondering if I didn't give GelColor a proper chance if I was using a colour that can be troublesome. It did seem very thick.

Anyway, back on topic. Since I sent my He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not back, what colour do you think every other client has asked for? :o

I had shrinkage when I started using GelColor too but not now so I suppose I just learned how to use it.

If you are having problems with he loves me, he loves me not I have this colour called 'fly' from the ACG collection - it applies fine and I have had no issue with fading - not sure if the colours are similar though, it's tough to gage from the images I have seen. Also tried TIO in my sweet morning dew and it worked loads better :) xx

I thought I heard ACG was Gelish formulas, or something like that. Don't quote me! I will check out Fly, thanks Jenny

used my sweet mornind dew on myself tonight, first application was a disaster so removed and redone as thin as i possibly could and it was slightly better!! still a slight wrinkle.. ive also got garden teal party and mint of spring abd there both fine to apply!! might bring sweet morning dew back but wev only just gotten a distributor here in roi so dont know how that will work!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

used my sweet mornind dew on myself tonight, first application was a disaster so removed and redone as thin as i possibly could and it was slightly better!! still a slight wrinkle.. ive also got garden teal party and mint of spring abd there both fine to apply!! might bring sweet morning dew back but wev only just gotten a distributor here in roi so dont know how that will work!

You could always add some tio if you can't take it back.

bo im afraid il add too much and ruin it!!

Can anyone who gets a replacement from nail harmony with colour fades please let me know if they have been successful? My He loves me also looks like a muddy puddle now! And I love the colour it goes on as x

Has everyone been experiencing fading with "He loves me He loves me not"?? i just received my order and would like to know if the fading is pretty consistent as once i open the bottle i cannot return it :(

Yes it seems like most people are experiencing fading.

Surely harmony should recall this colour until they have sorted the problem? Humph :(

Nail harmony is dealing with it as far as I know. I contacted them yesterday and they said they're working hard to contact everyone and deal with the issue.

Last edited:
Yes it seems like most people are experiencing fading.

Ugh! looks like i'll return it. shame since it's such a nice color

I also like Princess Tiara but heard that fades as well :(

Ugh! looks like i'll return it. shame since it's such a nice color

I also like Princess Tiara but heard that fades as well :(

I had an old princess tiara that faded a bit and returned it and the new one didn't fade at all.

My He Loves Me He Loves Me Not seems to have been ok! Not had any fading as yet

Latest posts

Back