New Gelish colours. Love in bloom

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is interesting. I'm going to try this method next time. Did you not do your first coat with a gel brush then? As I find doing this very tedious & takes longer xx

No I painted as normal with the brush from the bottle. The gel was much thinner when it'd been warmed so just did thin coats as normal and it painted on lovely xx

I contacted nail harmony about it and followed their advice (they were really helpful) while I prepped the nails I sat the bottle of colour in a little bowl of warm water to heat it up, and when I came to use it, the consistency was much thinner, it painted on much better, I did thin coats and it cured absolutely fine in the usual 30 secs I've tested it a few times now and had no problems since xx

Interesting, i will have to try this as i just got my bottle of He loves me not and Sweet Morning Dew. No problems with he loves me not but the sweet morning dew wrinkled (not a ton but still) :rolleyes: it also went on patchy, love the color but the consistency is something else

Thanks. It's 2 gelish colors: 2 coats of "meet the king" (gold frost) with 1 coat of "bronzed" layered on top (gold glitter)

Thank you! X

Interesting, i will have to try this as i just got my bottle of He loves me not and Sweet Morning Dew. No problems with he loves me not but the sweet morning dew wrinkled (not a ton but still) :rolleyes: it also went on patchy, love the color but the consistency is something else

I know I loved the colours but when I painted it was impossible to get the coats thin and they were so patchy that I had to apply 4 coats. Then they wrinkled and looked really thick and just peeled off. Nightmare. Had to give away a few free treatments to correct them. Hopefully though so far this has solved it so fingers crossed. Cos I don't want to fall out with my beloved gelish xx

Thank goodness I had read this thread before using mint of spring, omg it was awful to apply every time I tried to pull the brush down the nail it just pulled the polish off leaving streaks! Next time I'll try one of tricks mentioned above!

I got sweet morning dew and I've tried the warming up thing but it's not happening for me :(
It's doing my head in, being new to this doesn't help either.
It's soooooooo streaky

Will Harmony switch it for another colour no problem or are they a bit funny with exchanges?

My order arrived yesterday, so I had a play with them today. One of them wrinkled, Sweet Morning Dew, and although the others didn't, they were really thick. Will try the tip with the warm water tomorrow. I love the colours!!

Hi
I just used the teal on a client,I have been having problems applying this new collection but I followed some tips in this thread and sat the bottle in the heated wheat bag I'd used on my client and although abit trickier to apply it covered well with just 2 coats, I have been reluctant to show the colours to my clients but I am getting more faith in applying the in bloom colours.
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1363902108.790569.jpg

I'm exchanging my colours for the moment but I've just spoke to a rep at Nail Harmony and she told me they are going to change the formula for the spring in bloom colours (she didnt say when it would be done tho)

Gelish - sweet morning dew. This ones thick in consistency, more difficult to apply but colors pretty. Gelish night shimmer on the accent nail with Essie set in stones on top of it.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1364076439.378701.jpg

Well my He loves me not faded after a week of me wearing it :( grrr! I noticed today it had greyish patches on some nails and comparing it to my color pop, my nails look very close to Up in the blue. Ugh!

Gelish - sweet morning dew. This ones thick in consistency, more difficult to apply but colors pretty. Gelish night shimmer on the accent nail with Essie set in stones on top of it.

View attachment 31034

Love these :) so glad I ordered this colour xx

Well my He loves me not faded after a week of me wearing it :( grrr! I noticed today it had greyish patches on some nails and comparing it to my color pop, my nails look very close to Up in the blue. Ugh!

Does anyone know if this colour fades over acrylic nail extensions? Iv got a few colours (mail by Go Girl & Your So Sweet) that fade in the natural nail but not on extensions. Very strange I know x

I see that Harmony have announced that the new collection is out of stock and will be back in a couple of weeks - interesting!

Whoop whoop, just ordered singles of the love in bloom range from Sally's - vat free... But delivery was £5!!xx

Can you send a direct link to these please as I can't find them! :) xxx

Hi Geeks,

Can I just say whoever advised about adding top coat... Genius!
It has worked for me very well!
Thank you x

Hi Geeks,

Thank you x

How much top coat do you need to apply? Did you pour some colour out first? x

How much top coat do you need to apply? Did you pour some colour out first? x

Hi,
I done a drop at a time because you don't want to put too much in. I did do two drops at first though because my sweet morning dew was very thick. I literally just used my top coat brush, didnt wipe the excess away & let the top coat drip into my bottle of colour. Then rolled in my hand & tested x

Hi Geeks,

Thank you x

I have a bottle of Rosé Garden that is a bit gloopy , always has been, hence why I haven't used it much....do you think this would work with that one too or only the new thicker consistency collection?

I don't think ill be buying these as soon as they come out as there are others colours is prefer to get as these as you say are similar to some already available xx
4.jpg

They're actually not similar at all. 2 of the pinks are somewhat similar to others but the other four are quite different.

Latest posts

Back