New Gelish colours. Love in bloom

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[/B]

Exactly what happened to me! I finally dabbed some on a tile and used a flat gel brush to apply. I'm in the States, and I called Harmony here. They said they haven't had reports of issues . She said she would have a supervisor get back to me. She actually said they hadn't changed anything and was not making it thicker! We all know the older ones applied better. I rolled mine like I was going to start a fire! Lol But not upside down, will try that.

I used the teal one and struggled with the thickness but didn't have the wrinkling issues like with Sweet Morning Dew.

Hey Bo

I,m definately going to return my sweet morning dew as I just couldnt use it to get the result I expect from gelish, the greens are thicker but the end result was fab, I will try out the 2 pinks as well, it will be interesting to see how other nail techs find the colours the more get them and use them. xx

Reading these replies and I've tried all 6 of the love in bloom collection again and I've had no problems what so ever :) love the collection but I too always roll the bottle before use x

Reading these replies and I've tried all 6 of the love in bloom collection again and I've had no problems what so ever :) love the collection but I too always roll the bottle before use x

That may be the key to successfully using these new thicker colours.

Iv had problems with 'welcome to the masquerade' wrinkling & bubbling, found it alot thicker that my other colours. After reading about rolling the bottles & applying thinner than I usually do it went on & cured like a dream :)

Here's a picture of the new Pinks with others for comparison. They look closer in colour in the picture than they actually are, but if you are on a limited budget and you have Gossip Girl or Less Talk they may not be worth it to you. Personally, I like having such a wide shade/colour range because I hate layering.

Attachments

• IMG_0335 (960x1280).jpg
    IMG_0335 (960x1280).jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 7,730
Last edited:
Whoop whoop, just ordered singles of the love in bloom range from Sally's - vat free... But delivery was £5!!xx

So glad I'm not the only one who has had issues with Sweet Morning Dew!
Others colours have been fine although I have to say I don't find this new thicker consistency easy to work with at all.
Will try the helpful tips on rolling the bottles although harmony have never suggested this to me and I'm just a little disappointed for the first time ever in a product from them.

Does anyone know when these will be available to buy separately in the UK? Xx

Does anyone know when these will be available to buy separately in the UK? Xx

According to Jenny's post above, they are already available as singles by ordering from Sally's.

According to Jenny's post above, they are already available as singles by ordering from Sally's.

Sorry I didn't see that. I asked Sally's & they said they weren't getting them individually & they couldn't order them. How annoying!! x

They ordered them on there system, apparently any colours with an SO after them can be ordered. Try calling the Peterborough branch, that's where I ordered mine from. I am sure they can post them on?xx

Sorry I didn't see that. I asked Sally's & they said they weren't getting them individually & they couldn't order them. How annoying!! x

I ordered Sweet Morning Dew from my local branch yesterday along with a few others all on Special Order, took advantage of their VAT free day :)

They ordered them on there system, apparently any colours with an SO after them can be ordered. Try calling the Peterborough branch, that's where I ordered mine from. I am sure they can post them on?xx

I might well do that...thank you :) x

I ordered Sweet Morning Dew from my local branch yesterday along with a few others all on Special Order, took advantage of their VAT free day :)

I was in my local sallys yesterday too...grrrr! X

These are now available as singles on the Harmony website. I ordered 3 of the 6 today with the show discount :D x

I posted earlier about having so much trouble with Sweet Morning Dew. I read the suggestion to keep it in your bra! I was at home doing some swatching and was working with 6 colors. So image me with 6 bottles stuffed in my yoga pant's waistband! Lol It did polish better.

Here' s my first attempt at a chickettes inspired mani. I need to work on my lines.

http://www.chickettes.com/video-gelish-striped-gradient-tutorial/

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 1,752
I posted earlier about having so much trouble with Sweet Morning Dew. I read the suggestion to keep it in your bra! I was at home doing some swatching and was working with 6 colors. So image me with 6 bottles stuffed in my yoga pant's waistband! Lol It did polish better.

Here' s my first attempt at a chickettes inspired mani. I need to work on my lines.

Video: Gelish Striped Gradient Tutorial

I thought the keeping it in your bra idea was about Shellac topcoat???

I still haven't had any problems with any of these colours and I've used them all a few times now. As part of my normal routine, I turn every bottle upside down and roll it between my hands for a minute.

Well, keeping it warm helped quite a bit. :)

Well, keeping it warm helped quite a bit. :)

That's interesting. I suppose my salon is pretty warm all the time, maybe that has made a difference??

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1361864051.433961.jpg
I finally got my love in bloom collection today. It came w the stand and all. :) my hubby bought it for my valentines day gift. Pretty colors. I painted my nails "all dahlia-ed up" today. Definitely thicker consistency. Same thickness as BCA Les talk. I was still able to use it but def takes a lot more effort to paint it on thin and smooth. I'll post pic of my mani tomorrow.

Latest posts

Back