New Gelish colours. Love in bloom

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They arrived today - yay. Unfortunately I haven't been able to take photos in the daylight, so I think they look a bit darker in my pictures than they really are. Like all the newest collections, these are thicker so they need to be applied thinly to avoid wrinkles. I find the hardest thing to do with with these thicker polishes is colorpops.

Every colour in the collection covers really well in two coats.

Oh they are thicker?? I hate when they do that! Not sure why a lot of their newer collections have a thicker consistency. I've found that less talk from their breast cancer awareness 2012 collection is also thicker which makes it more difficult to use. Also I don't have the house of gelish collection but I've read many reviews that they are thick too. :/. Anyways, I love the colors!

Oh they are thicker?? I hate when they do that! Not sure why a lot of their newer collections have a thicker consistency. I've found that less talk from their breast cancer awareness 2012 collection is also thicker which makes it more difficult to use. Also I don't have the house of gelish collection but I've read many reviews that they are thick too. :/. Anyways, I love the colors!

Yea, they are thicker and will wrinkle up like the House of Gelish collection if applied too thick.

Yea, they are thicker and will wrinkle up like the House of Gelish collection if applied too thick.

Aww bummer. Well thx for the heads up. Ill have to paint carefully. They will still be on my purchase list since the colors are too pretty to pass up.

I think the thicker consistency is to create better coverage in 2 coats. The old thinner colours are more forgiving to apply but often take 3 good coats and can still look a little patchy if you're not careful.

The new thicker colours need a thinner application but cover well in less coats (which means you are using less product for each coat and less coats) :wink2:

May I please just remind everyone of Salon Geek Rules regarding non professionals posting on the main forums.

While they may give opinions, they may not suggest information (when unqualified to do so) which may lead others to believe these are professional recommendations.

Thank you.

Hi all,
For anyone who has bought the Love In Bloom collection has anyone experienced any problems?
My sweet morning dew will just not cure?!! Applying thinly as seems quite thick like the shadow collection and no matter what I do it will not cure?
Anyone any advise?
Thanks!!!

Hi all,
For anyone who has bought the Love In Bloom collection has anyone experienced any problems?
My sweet morning dew will just not cure?!! Applying thinly as seems quite thick like the shadow collection and no matter what I do it will not cure?
Anyone any advise?
Thanks!!!

I haven't used it on a client yet but I did a colorpop with no problems. What is happening to it? How do you know its not curing?

my last two gelish colours i got im not greatly happy with. and i LOVE gelish! got emarald dust... more a top coat glitter colour, rather then a sold colour. also got sleek white and was soo patchy :( does anyone have any advice on making emarald dust looking like it looks in photos...and stop sleek white being so patchy?

thanks

I think I'm going to order the collection tomorrow!!! Eeek :) xx

Hi all,
Anyone any advise?
Thanks!!!

Hi, my Fashion Week Chic wouldn't cure in my LED lamp but it does cure in my UV lamp. Totally random I know! It literally stayed totally 'wet' and even though the top coat cured okay, the whole nail peeled off in one go the next day. Totally embarrassing! I'm not saying that's the problem, but that's my experience with one of the most recent Gelish colours x

Hi, my Fashion Week Chic wouldn't cure in my LED lamp but it does cure in my UV lamp. Totally random I know! It literally stayed totally 'wet' and even though the top coat cured okay, the whole nail peeled off in one go the next day. Totally embarrassing! I'm not saying that's the problem, but that's my experience with one of the most recent Gelish colours x

How weird. I would send it back to Harmony.

Does anyone know how long it will be til they're available to buy separately? x

Have used another couple of colours from Love In Bloom today and having major issues, worse than the shadow collection! I love gelish but I don't like this new thick consistency they seem to have. Have tried everything and not curing under LED lamp and once top coat cures they are just crinkling up and peelig off!

Have used another couple of colours from Love In Bloom today and having major issues, worse than the shadow collection! I love gelish but I don't like this new thick consistency they seem to have. Have tried everything and not curing under LED lamp and once top coat cures they are just crinkling up and peelig off!

I have used five of them and one three times on clients now, with no problems at all. In fact they go on like a dream in two thin coats. You must be applying them too thickly.

Hi estilo, silly question (but wondering as am planning to buy these) are you using Gelish brand LED?

Hi, yes I am using the 18G gelish led lamp.
Will call harmony again on Monday as these colours are most certainly not a dream to work with!

I'm am waiting on mine coming today and am so excited but a bit worried now re previous posts.
Think i will trial a couple of colours first as I have never had wrinkled/ uncured problems, although I haven't used the thicker consistency ones yet so will take heed of previous tips, applying super thin etc.

Could you maybe try curing for 1 minute instead of the usual 30seconds? I'm sure I read somewhere on here other geeks have done it with the thicker consistency colours or darker shades. Xx

Latest posts

Back