New Gelish colours. Love in bloom

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have used another couple of colours from Love In Bloom today and having major issues, worse than the shadow collection! I love gelish but I don't like this new thick consistency they seem to have. Have tried everything and not curing under LED lamp and once top coat cures they are just crinkling up and peelig off!

Same here with sweet morning dew. Bad cure! Might try it in an UV.

Does anyone know how long it will be til they're available to buy separately? x

I would like to know the answer to this one as there are only a couple of colours that I want to get.. Xx

I would like to know the answer to this one as there are only a couple of colours that I want to get.. Xx

Yes me too ! I hope it's soon 😁

Anyone else having problems with these colours lasting?
I've worn 'he loves me he loves me not' and 'its a garden teal party' this week and both have lifted and peeled from the free edge and side wall on at least 2 finger in less than 24 hours!!

This is on my nails thank goodness - also a pain to apply due to the thickness of the gel :-(

I had been really excited about getting this collection but now feel a bit flat. I don't have any problems with the older colours.

:-(

Has anyone spoken to harmony about these problems? Haven't got them yet so would be interesting to hear what they have to say.

This is all really strange. I am having no problems with the colours at all.

This is all really strange. I am having no problems with the colours at all.

What consistency are yours? Mine are really gloppy?
Ondering if its the batch maybe xx

What consistency are yours? Mine are really gloppy?
Ondering if its the batch maybe xx

Mine are thickish, like the Shadows collection. I find this consistency difficult to use for colorpops, but it is great to apply on a client as they always cover completely in two coats.

Here's a comparison for the orange

I just lurrrve oranges, I've got orange cream dream & tiger blossom on order just want sweet monring dew.

Didn't realise orange cream dream had a shimmer, thought it was a cream, don't care though :biggrin:

I just lurrrve oranges, I've got orange cream dream & tiger blossom on order just want sweet monring dew.

Didn't realise orange cream dream had a shimmer, thought it was a cream, don't care though :biggrin:

Tiger Blossom is one of my most popular colours in summer on fingers and toes. You will love it. It also looks fab with white polka dots on it.

Is the sweet morning dew like a coral colour ? Already have tiger blossom and orange Cream dream so want a nice coral :)

Is the sweet morning dew like a coral colour ? Already have tiger blossom and orange Cream dream so want a nice coral :)

I posted a picture of it on page 6 of this thread. Its like a pastel coral.

Sweet Mormong Dew is a beautiful color but a Nightmare to apply. I'm going to return it. Super thick, wrinkles and streaky. I've tried twice now to apply it and used 3 to 4 really, really thin costs. I'm just glad I was applying to myself and not on a client.

I just got my collection today and tried sweet morning dew, it was horrible to apply thick and gloppy, I tried to apply it thinly as per previous posts but it was thick in places and non existent in others + for the first time ever it wrinkled on both thumbs, obviously this was because it was too thick but it kept dragging of as if it was starting to harden, very strange.
I've been using gelish for over a year and none of my other colours have gave me problems.
I'm going to try a few of the other colours on myself.
I'm gutted with how they apply and even after TIO the looked lumpy and cheap.😓

I roll my bottles upside down between my hands for a few seconds just before I am going to use them i.e. before I've finished prep and applied the foundation coat (to give the polish time to settle back into the bottle and not lid). I wonder if this is the difference and why I am not having trouble with mine?

Also, there seems to be no complaints of this on the Harmony Facebook page.

Hi juicylucy
It's really strange I've just tried the teal and mint green, it is thicker but fine to work with and no problems, I usually roll mine upside down too although I'm going to try it your way before foundation etc as I find it leaks Round the lid must bd because I don't give it time to settle- IYKWIM
Here's my nails I just finished.xx
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1361226957.873632.jpg

Hi juicylucy
It's really strange I've just tried the teal and mint green, it is thicker but fine to work with and no problems, I usually roll mine upside down too although I'm going to try it your way before foundation etc as I find it leaks Round the lid must bd because I don't give it time to settle- IYKWIM
Here's my nails I just finished.xx
View attachment 28599

Oh wow, they are lush. What did you do the nail art with? Is it Konad or freehand?

I just got my collection today and tried sweet morning dew, it was horrible to apply thick and gloppy, I tried to apply it thinly as per previous posts but it was thick in places and non existent in others + for the first time ever it wrinkled on both thumbs, obviously this was because it was too thick but it kept dragging of as if it was starting to harden, very strange.
I've been using gelish for over a year and none of my other colours have gave me problems.
I'm going to try a few of the other colours on myself.
I'm gutted with how they apply and even after TIO the looked lumpy and cheap.��

Exactly what happened to me! I finally dabbed some on a tile and used a flat gel brush to apply. I'm in the States, and I called Harmony here. They said they haven't had reports of issues . She said she would have a supervisor get back to me. She actually said they hadn't changed anything and was not making it thicker! We all know the older ones applied better. I rolled mine like I was going to start a fire! Lol But not upside down, will try that.

I used the teal one and struggled with the thickness but didn't have the wrinkling issues like with Sweet Morning Dew.

[/B]

Exactly what happened to me! I finally dabbed some on a tile and used a flat gel brush to apply. I'm in the States, and I called Harmony here. They said they haven't had reports of issues . She said she would have a supervisor get back to me. She actually said they hadn't changed anything and was not making it thicker! We all know the older ones applied better. I rolled mine like I was going to start a fire! Lol But not upside down, will try that.

I used the teal one and struggled with the thickness but didn't have the wrinkling issues like with Sweet Morning Dew.

There is no doubt that the new collections are thicker, I actually prefer this as they all apply in two coats.

I only roll upside down because I assume paints etc. can separate and parts fall to the bottom :lol:. This may be a total misunderstanding of the product, but it seems to work for me.

Oh wow, they are lush. What did you do the nail art with? Is it Konad or freehand?

Thank you they turned out well, its a set from amazon called Gals fairy set only £9.99 for 25 plates, they stamp well and have some lovely designs. xx

ps yes my thinking is the same re paints and turning them upside down to mix them.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back