New Gelish colours. Love in bloom

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1361936355.350864.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1361936368.164372.jpg

Here's some pix of my current leopard mani using the new spring color "All Dahlia-ed Up"... "Meet the King" and "Bronzed" on the accent finger.

View attachment 29290View attachment 29291

Here's some pix of my current leopard mani using the new spring color "All Dahlia-ed Up"... "Meet the King" and "Bronzed" on the accent finger.

Lovely :)

How many coats did you need of 'Bronzed'? I had asked before if there were any decent golds and have always been told 'no, they're all just glitters', but this gold looks lovely xxx

Lovely :)

How many coats did you need of 'Bronzed'? I had asked before if there were any decent golds and have always been told 'no, they're all just glitters', but this gold looks lovely xxx

Thanks! :) I used one coat of meet the king which is a frost gold... (New color for jan 2013) Then 2 coats of bronzed on top which is a sheer gold glitter.

Thanks! :) I used one coat of meet the king which is a frost gold... (New color for jan 2013) Then 2 coats of bronzed on top which is a sheer gold glitter.

If any of you are still having problems with the thickness of these colours, try adding a little bit of Top It Off to the colour to thin it out. I like the thicker consistency but Sweet Morning Dew was a PITA!! a little bit of top it off has thinned it out slightly and it is now far more workable and it hasnt effected the fabulous coverage. Dont over do it though!! You can add more but cant take it away xxx

Hey there,

Ive also been having problems with the new colours!! Ive bought the whole collection and not happy with them!! Spoke to my educator and she told me to warm them up!! Which I have done then started brushing on the nail and the air/cooling down then causes streaking!! Ive done a set on myself now as my customer came back to me today after having them done on wednesday and one had come of completley!! Sweet Morning Dew Wrinkles and peels!!

Concerned as i'm paying for a product im not happy with and we shouldnt have to heat them up surely?! Its also taking extra time even though I have the 18G lamp.

Will give it another week as all other Gelish colours are fab especially The Holiday Collection.

Fingers Crossed :((

They look fab. I am loving All Dahlia-ed Up, its been really popular with my clients and the coverage is just fantastic.

Thanks! Ya the coverage is good but the thickness of it made it much more difficult to paint them on smooth and thin. I love the color tho. On my swatches the color looks like good gossip but on it looks different. Brighter I would say. Very spring .. 😊

Thanks! Ya the coverage is good but the thickness of it made it much more difficult to paint them on smooth and thin. I love the color tho. On my swatches the color looks like good gossip but on it looks different. Brighter I would say. Very spring .. 😊

Yeah, I noticed that. On my colorpops they look very similar but they look different on a client. I love it.

The pinks are on my to buy list :lol: think the ACG pastels might be first though. They look lovely and if they dont fade, they might be the first true useable gel polish pastels!

The pinks are on my to buy list :lol: think the ACG pastels might be first though. They look lovely and if they dont fade, they might be the first true useable gel polish pastels!

We have been using the ACG pastels in our trio of salons for a few weeks now. No customer issues & beautiful consistency making application a dream. The colours have not faded at all - finally stable pastels!!

The orange is definitely not a pastel - it's super bright - but it is gorgeous so I don't care :lol: All have been really popular - flawless & poised the most used. Also, they all look like cremes online but a few actually have subtle sparkle which was a nice surprise.

I have bought 4 of the new love in bloom collection. Firstly the colours are amazing and clients are all very excited about trying. My problem is that the polish itself is incredibly thick and gloopy to apply. It doesn't seem to matter how thin I apply the nail looks puckered before it cures. This looks really unprofessional to any client. Once tio is applied all this seems to correct itself, and the final result is gorgeous. But it's proving very difficult to apply.

My business partner did email nail harmony directly and they told us that there is more pigment in these colours to give them a much stronger finish colour wise, just wondered if anyone else experiencing same issue

Thanks Sam x

Last edited by a moderator:
Haven't had a problem yet! :) xx

Some have been having problems. I just love them and have had not problems at all. I've used every colour more than once.

I think they need a little mixing before applying in two thin coats. Personally, I roll them upside down between my hands for a few seconds and then leave them on my desk while I do my prep. Once you master them, they are much easier and quicker to apply than some of the older thinner colours.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like four of these. I think I will miss out the red (I've got so many) and the green.

I surprised some of you didn't like The Shadows Collection. They have been really popular in my salon. I think they are quite different to other colours. They all have a much thicker consistency than other dark colours (you have to apply them thinly to avoid wrinkling), but they all cover in two coats perfectly.

I love Is It An Illusion (really dark blue very like OPI Russian Navy), Inner Vixen (very dark gold red), Angel in Disguise (dark shimmery grey). The Dark Side (a really dark green) has also been popular with my clients. All of The Shadows Collection look fab with Vegas Nights.

Another to add to my wish list for tomorrows show! Hopefully it is as fabulous as Russian Navy which is my all time favourite colour, ever!

Another to add to my wish list for tomorrows show! Hopefully it is as fabulous as Russian Navy which is my all time favourite colour, ever!

What show is on tomorrow?

We have been using the ACG pastels in our trio of salons for a few weeks now. No customer issues & beautiful consistency making application a dream. The colours have not faded at all - finally stable pastels!!

The orange is definitely not a pastel - it's super bright - but it is gorgeous so I don't care :lol: All have been really popular - flawless & poised the most used. Also, they all look like cremes online but a few actually have subtle sparkle which was a nice surprise.

Hi, do you happen to know the individual names of the ACG pastels, I have been searching but only find the collection with no names x

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek

Hi, do you happen to know the individual names of the ACG pastels, I have been searching but only find the collection with no names x

I've found them lol x

I purchased the whole collection, had trouble with them all, returned them & was given a new batch, the exact same no difference, as you can imagine, fuming .ive been using gelish for 2yrs plus with no probs at all, but today I tried using a dab of top coat with the colour , wow what a difference, amazing, thanks to miss Owen' s tip of the day, how did you think of this ? Fab idea.

Latest posts

Back