New Jessica Product

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We had a jessica rep come to the salon & we used their new product called gelleration or something like that but like you, i cannot find anything about it at all! It was really nice & stayed super glossy/shiny! Its also a hybrid polish & not a builder gel like the shellac & gellish. does anyone have the trade prices to compare yet?
Help, really dont know which to go with!!!!

Shellac and Gelish are not builder gels! They are hybrids of gel and polish.

From the information in the Scratch magazine, the Jessica one has within its system the ability to build with it, making it more a gel!

Shellac and Gelish are not builder gels! They are hybrids of gel and polish.

From the information in the Scratch magazine, the Jessica one has within its system the ability to build with it, making it more a gel!

There is indeed a builder gel included in the launch of Geleration, but the use of it is not necessary with the gel-polish component. The heart of the treatment is the gel-polish hybrid, the builder gel is an extra for those wanting to sculpt/add tips. My rep said the kits are being sent out this week, so I shall look forwards to having a play!

martin, have you any idea on the remover, do you know what it contains?

Nope, not yet! I'm hoping I get the kit in the next few days, and as soon as I do I shall look at the ingredients for you!

Nope, not yet! I'm hoping I get the kit in the next few days, and as soon as I do I shall look at the ingredients for you!

thanks, i'm intrigued to know how its gonna come off if it doesnt contain acetone.

I am also interested in hearing what the soak-off solution contains... the problem most of my clients have with soak off gels are that the acetone is so drying to their skin and natural nails.

I am also interested in hearing what the soak-off solution contains... the problem most of my clients have with soak off gels are that the acetone is so drying to their skin and natural nails.

to my knowledge, although there are alternatives to acetone when it comes to product removal, they are actually harsher/more volatile than acetone.

but there could be something in the formulation of the colours that means that theres an alternative to those when it comes to the removal, which would be quite exciting !

martin, we are hanging on your every word.... lol

to my knowledge, although there are alternatives to acetone when it comes to product removal, they are actually harsher/more volatile than acetone.

but there could be something in the formulation of the colours that means that theres an alternative to those when it comes to the removal, which would be quite exciting !

martin, we are hanging on your every word.... lol

Yes i thought of this right after i posted. Unless the gel itself is a completely new formulation, the soak off solvent is likely just as harsh as acetone.

I think ther has been some confusion with regards to the removal of this system, maybe some of the reps got a little over excited when they first introduced how it differs from other gel systems on the market????
I have checked the data sheets and acetone is present in the remover, my products also arrived today and acetone is listed as one of the ingredients in the erase remover, although it is also formulated to hydrate and moisturise at the same time.
As posted before i agree acetone can be very drying and I personally haven't used it for that reason. Having said that I did have this product put on my nails during training and then removed and at no time did it feel too drying to my skin or nails. I also applied a drop of phenomen oil afterwards and all was fine.
Anyway my products are here it all looks great and I can't wait to get started!!!

If the remover also contains conditioners etc then it isn't as drying to the nails. I noticed a HUGE difference between regular professional acetone and the D.solve I got from S2 :)

As the other post above says it seems that there were indeed some wires crossed regarding the way some had the removal solution explained to them as when I checked my products (which arrived today - hurrah!) the ingredients quite clearly list acetone amongst them!

Acetone is a very safe chemical and with quicker soak off times the exposure to any drying effects is absolutely minimal. My skin used to turn white over after soaking for 20 mins + in acetone to remove enhancements, but now that I am wrapping off my product with no more exposure time than 10 minutes (and only on the surface of the nail and the first joint of my fingers), I only see a touch of dryness and a drop of Solar Oil soon sorts that one out.

We didn't end up going on the training on that Wednesday! I was gutted! Something had happened and we weren't booked on :(

Anyway, yesterday our rep came in and demo'd it for us too. I couldnt believe how it was removed so quickly. I'm so excited I just hope we can order it. Mega excited we can sculpt with it!

I hope they bring out happy hour and radiant. They are my favourite pinks!

Got my kit!!! Arrived on Tuesday, Just need to find time to do my nails :D

I have also got the jessica rep coming out on friday to show me this product, but from what the rep has said to me on the last 2 visits when we have discussed it is that it is a gel system they are bringing out very similar to Bio Sculpture which i use, she has never mentioned shellac to me, after reading the reviews about shellac i couldn't resist ordering s selection of shallac products but have not had time to try this yet hopefully im going to try it on tues.
The jessica rep did tell me that it would be a self leveling gel, there is also a builder gel, initally there will be 24 colours to choose from, but she did also say that it can be used over the top of any jessica nail polish, paint nails as normal leave 2-3 mins to dry and apply gel..
Thats as much as i know until fri will let u all know what i think once ive had a play.
icon_eek.gif

hi i do semipermanent make up and peel clinics for a major spa chain group in the uk who have taken on this product .i am completely inpartial aND MAYBE A BIT BIAS because i am an educator for my chosen product line .i tried it two weeks ago used merlot on two of the staffs nails went on well colour consistency was good its still on no lifting ones a hardresser there and the othere one an espa thereapist my favorite product line doesnt do a hybrid at the momment but i think the likes of shellac gellish and geleration have filled a gap in the market with a niche product that appears to work very well

hi guys! hoping you can help me with this one! i have heard that jessica are bringing out there own version of shellac! something very similar anyways. ive tryed looking on there website but cannot find anything about it!
do any of you know any info on it, what its called etc, or where i can find info on it!
thanks guys xx

hi guys i stock jessica and was told from the rep many months ago that they were launching a gel in april but have heard nothing since then - you would think as a stockist i would have insight - personnaly i love shellac and wont be changing xxx

I did my Geleration training a week ago in Borehamwood. Its a great system! A soft Gel formula that goes on like a jessica polish but sets and lasts like a gel. simples! A standard Geleration manicure is 45mins and should cost about £10 more than your normal jessica manicure. The only difference is that you do the hand & arm massage at the very end! You cannot use nourish or phenomen oil prior to cuticle work, you must only soak fingers to soften.

You do need to prep the nails, they must be totally dry and free from oils... Jessica have produced a product called "prep" which goes on and almost evaporates instantly, reminds me of opi's chip skip! You do lightly buff the nail with a soft file just to take off the shine... you then use the clear base gel called "Start" & cure for 1 minute under a 36Watt UV lamp (Or new LED lamp for half the time!), then two colour coats curing both coats for 2mins... then you pop on the "finish" top coat and cure for a further 2mins. You then wipe over all the nails with "clarify" solution which takes away any tackiness. The shine is amazing and it lasts, its not like bio sculpture where its advisable for the client to buy a top coat and keep applying every few days. The GELeration soft gel formula is designed to preserve the natural nail... the soak off "erase" solution is kind to skin & nails.
I must admit though that Jessica seem a bit behind in their marketing, hense why you cant really find any info on GELeration online! We are still waiting to get posters and other POS... The starter kits & a lot of the colours are already out of stock! So i think it's going to be big! The colours are the same size as regular bottles of Jessica but they are £22+vat each. But as it goes on thin like a polish you should expect to get a lot of use out of one bottle.

Yes the system comes with a builder gel to use on broken/split nails or if you want to sculpt using forms. Youre not going to get huge amount of length, if your clients want super long nails only acrylic tips will do it. The Builder gel will give a few millimeters of length, maybe better to use when a client has that one annoying short nail, but you can do a full set... would probably take a while though!

At the end of the day yes Jessica is a great system and ever so popular, its a name people trust but more and more clients want a durable colour that lasts and I think its important to keep up with growing trends and new products, and the GELeration system seems to tick all the right boxes. :)

If youre going on training soon I hope you have fun!

-Anna B xox

It actually irritates me how rude some people are on here, this website should be used for all trained professionals in hair and beauty to talk and compare advice on brands. Yes there are many people on here who have been in the industry for years and have tons of knowledge to share and offer those who need it. But bloody hell its pathetic trying to make statements about certain brands being made out like there the best and nothing compares! Where's the need for talking to geeks rudely especially from those who we actually want good advise from. Jessica haven't let much out but I hear from the reps it should be out soon, I'm sure it was worded as a forever polish, 'like' shellac and bio gel, please do not now comment about me using the word shellac! You don't know how long jessica or its manufacturors have been working on it for. And they don't cater to mature clients at all! Its all ages.
Posted via Mobile Device

I totally agree with this comment!! I was enjoying reading this thread until I saw the rude and nasty comments made by some people. We are all entitled to our opinions and there are many ways of spekaing to people to get your views across without being so damn rude!!!

P.S: I had no idea Jessica were bringing out a product like this, I'm gonna try all of them!

hi guys i stock jessica and was told from the rep many months ago that they were launching a gel in april but have heard nothing since then - you would think as a stockist i would have insight - personnaly i love shellac and wont be changing xxx

I am so jealous! I really want too have one of these GELeration manicures now. Need to do my research and find someone nearby who is stocking this!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back