New Salon - New Name :)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mouffloncake

Reaction score
I am soooo excited & just wanted to share something that I have kept secret until now.....

Soon I will be opening a new salon & moving out of my rented rooms which I have had for the past 3 1/2 years :)

I have had the expected "is this a good time to open a salon" from a few people but as I pointed out, I am not setting up a new business, I am simply relocating! Plus I managed to get a good deal on rent as the premises as been empty for a while.

I didn't post anything on here until the lease was signed, sealed & keys in hand... Which happened today! It has all moved fairly fast, it has taken about a month from finding the shop to signing. I hope to kit it out & be up & running for April.

We need to build a partition to make a beauty room for me & also need to plumb in washpoint & styling units in the front where my friend will be doing hair from.

At the moment, I am "Beauty by Penny" beacuse when I started, I couldn't think of anything else to call my business lol. I am dropping my name & starting a fresh as "Pura Vida" which means pure life. I want to focus on the health side & offer more natural products & treatments (alongside existing bits I use & do).

I am just so excited - I can't even begin to put into words! Woo Hoo!!

Any pointers would be welcome as I am sure to have overlooked a few things lol.

Thankyou Bluetopaz for being my secret buddie in this - having you to talk to has really helped.

Penny
xxx

It is the new year for business rates so you will be getting a form through from them,
fill this out asap to make sure that you get the small business relief,
it will cut the cost by about half,
if you don't fill it out and get it straight back to them they will charge you full price, hth :hug:

Why not call it "money Penny".....
or " Spend a Penny"
I always wanted to call my clinic "Nice Beaver" !!!!
Good Luck :eek:

Oh how exciting for you! I love the new name! You already have a successful business, so building on that is obviously your focus, so you have a great starting point. The biggest tip i can give is look after your existing clients, as well as the new. So many companies focus on new customers, while the existing are trickling out the bottom!
Good luck, you go girl!:hug:

lots and lots of luck to you! I open mine in 4 weeks (or 3 if we can get it all sorted by then)

what about Pennys? i like that ., pennys.

its simple

Well done you!

Congratulations, I bet you're so excited, I would be.:hug:

Well done and all the best of luck with the new salon!

Karen xxx

The name is really nice! Good Luck!

Thankyou Bluetopaz for being my secret buddie in this - having you to talk to has really helped.

ur welcome hun! Im glad i could be there for u, and thank you for being there for me. im so pleased for u, i know how much u want this and it will be a great success!

u know where i am when ever u need me :hug:

xxxx

Congratulations,
How exciting,
Good luck xx

I love the name you have chosen. It's really unusual and at the same time meaningful.

Wishing you the best of luck

Gina x

Ah - thanks everybody :hug:

Soo excited, keys in hand, building materials being delivered tomorrow & plumber coming over too.

Pura Vida.... Aaaahh. I hope I can live upto the expectations!

Thank you for the tips too.

xx

Congratulations! This is by far the most rewarding and exciting time for us advisers too- I'm off to a salon opening this Sunday and it is fantastic to see all the hard work and plans finally act out in reality.

Good luck! x

Congratulations on your relocation and the very best of luck for your future :hug: I love the name by the way! Keep us posted :)

Thanks guys :)

Pura Vida is progressing quicker than expected! Partitions up, doors in, plumbing in. Just need to connect the basin & ready to get painting!

Soooo excited am having trouble sleeping.

I hope people do not find the name too difficult. I have already had to spell it out to people over the phone & most think I am an Aveda salon calling myself Pura Aveda. Hmmmm. I would love Aveda but think my little salon is too little for them at the mo :(

xx

Latest posts

Back