New Shellac remover

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fozzyo

Reaction score
I was just checking the S2 website to see if there is any sign of the SolarOil pinkies coming back into stock and noticed they have a new CND Shellac Remover product that is coming in September.

Apparently 20% faster then Acetone and of course CND branded. From the press release:

"Building off CND Shellac’s convenient and gentle ten minute removal process, CND Shellac Nourishing Remover, out in September 2012, will reduce removal time to eight minutes. CND Shellac Nourishing Remover is infused with macadamia and Vitamin E oils to condition nails and softly remove color."

Got me thinking, with CND Remover Wraps and this new remover product how much is the brand important to you? Do you think paying extra to offer a complete CND service is worth it so all aspects of the service are CND products?

Got me thinking, with CND Remover Wraps and this new remover product how much is the brand important to you? Do you think paying extra to offer a complete CND service is worth it so all aspects of the service are CND products?

My clients certainly notice that everything I use is CND, to the point where I ran out of CND wraps last week and had to use foil and they commented on it!! Its good to have aware clients, that we educate them and they in turn respect and learn the value of a truly professional service.

Whether or not I will purchase the remover I don't know...will depend if it will be as efficient at removing l&p and gel too, as well as D:Sperse currently does.

The nourishing part is appealing to me , so I could see me buying it for that alone . The removal in 8 minutes instead of 10 minutes is no biggie to me as it's only 2minutes saved .

I'm happy with my D Solve, but will try out the CND Remover when it's available. A reduction in service time is good for business, whether it's only 2 minutes or not

Perhaps CND have decided to create a remover that nourishes and works better than Acetone to enable international techs, especially those in the US to have access to something as good as the D Solve we only have available in the UK?

Last edited:
I'm not sure about this one. I do like to try and keep everything CND (for instance I waited for the additives, as much as I wanted to use other pigments) but D Solve does a great job and it seems silly to change after all of this time. However, I like the sound of it being nourishing. Maybe the price will help me make my mind up. Does this mean that CND will also bring something out to replace D Sperse so that the whole Shellac service will be CND branded?

P.s, I think a couple of you are getting mixed up between D Sperse and D Solve.

Yeah- i wasn't in the correct mind when I was typing, have corrected it to say D Solve now, thank you x

Oops that was me too!!! :o Glad you knew what I meant though lol

Definitely will give it a go :)
As others have said,2 minutes isn't a lot but every little helps...and definitely appeals if its nourishing!
Hopefully will be a similar price to D Solve xx

Essential Bliss Beauty Therapy

I'm happy with my D Solve, but will try out the CND Remover when it's available. A reduction in service time is good for business, whether it's only 2 minutes or not

Perhaps CND have decided to create a remover that nourishes and works better than Acetone to enable international techs, especially those in the US to have access to something as good as the D Solve we only have available in the UK?

My thoughts exactly

My guess is that S2 may not be bringing flammable remover into the UK when we already have been lucky enough to have our remover, D.Solve right from the get go. :lol:
We already know D.Solve does not cause excessive dehydration and we already know how quickly it removes Shellac, which often is under 10 minutes! So there really is no need.

Last edited:
Hi, I'm quite happy with my current shellac remover, but to answer the OP's question, branding is important to me in the salon. Its one thing to do everything by the book with the right products, but its quite another to be seen to do the right thing by the client, as using branded products demonstrates to the client that you are a professional. It's that little bit of going above and beyond the standard that the client pays for and its how you justify your premium prices. I always think that I want to offer a premium service, because how can one justify charging for a service the likes of which the client could just do themselves at home? I dont use "everything" branded, my files for example are not branded, but all my key products are branded.

Have seen the ad on S2 website - Shellac remover due September 2012
I will be trying this....to be able to offer the whole system does shout premium service and my clients expect nothing less

Just a thought...I wonder if CND will make it compulsory to use it as part of their certified Shellac salon regs?

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1344324651.948025.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1344324651.948025.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 1,124
im definitely going to try this especially with bio sculpture removal as been having trouble lately getting it off!!!

Have seen the ad on S2 website - Shellac remover due September 2012
I will be trying this....to be able to offer the whole system does shout premium service and my clients expect nothing less

Just a thought...I wonder if CND will make it compulsory to use it as part of their certified Shellac salon regs?

whoops!! lol guess my guess was incorrect, lol.

Last edited:
One of the other key points about nourishing remover is in the name.. It's Nourishing so excellent for those clients that get lots of dehydration (white marks) on the nail and surrounding skin as well as cutting CND Shellac removal time down to 8 mins!!! Roll on September!!!!

One of the other key points about nourishing remover is in the name.. It's Nourishing so excellent for those clients that get lots of dehydration (white marks) on the nail and surrounding skin as well as cutting CND Shellac removal time down to 8 mins!!! Roll on September!!!!

100% with you on this, have a couple of clients with dehydration, cannot wait till September ...

Looking forward to giving it a try!

Looks really good, Wonder how much it will be. And if it will be in the 'Remove Tube' as opposed to D-Solve. I retail the remove tube quite well, so would be good to see it in those.

I have a shopping bag ready on my S2 account waiting until September to checkout!!!!! Wish it would hurry up though, as my shopping bag keeps
getting fuller!!!

Oooo very interesting! Will have to give that one a go!

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back