New York - must do's??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im going in just over a week, for a week!
Im thinking its not going to be enough time lol
after a week u will die from exhaustion !!!we only managed 3 nights 4 days , ! sacs is amazing for lunch, very peaceful in the park in a horse and carriage , u will love it , amercian r very motivating with there excellent customer service . p.s abercrombie and finch is a must , just for the experince !!!

love new york, my lil bro lives out there

you will obviously want to do all the usual tourist attractions and i wont go into them as im sure you've done your research but, if you have some free time here are some of my fave things to do in new york

- racing at bellmont park
- bronx zoo
- see a broadway show - can pick up really cheap last minute tickets, but be prepared to queue, saw chicago for around £15
- greenflea flea market, there are loads of flea markets - i love vintage stuff, so love flea markets!
- people watching in central park, love it .. dont bother with the horse/trap tourist thing, you really have to visit central park on foot

restaurants i recommend are :
pastis and stk both in the meat packing district

stk is a steakhouse tailored for women, really glam almost like a nightclub absolutely gorgeous waitors :) and they really look after you :). so not your typical steakhouse, really great for celeb spotting, have seen famous peeps each time have been there .. minnie driver, dustin hoffman, selena gomez (random bunch, lol)

shopping, you'll want to do the usual tiffanys, macys, bloomingdales etc but dont forget century near ground zero - have bought loads designer bargains there inc juicy couture puffa jacket (few yrs ago, lol) for my daughter for about £2O odd

oh and if you love cheesecake you have to try juniors cheesecake, one in brooklyn is nice and also get to see another part of new york, can walk the brooklyn bridge to get to it if have enough time

have fabby time, im so jealous - cant afford to go this year as on mat leave :(

STK

heres link to stk's, think might have to book in advance though - my brother usually does it as his "treat" before we go home, really is an experience and the food is gorge just like the waiters, have i mentioned the waiters, lol ?

kim, if you're splashing out the essex house hotel is gorgeous and very central

Last edited:
Thanks blush, and all you other New York geeks!
i am so excited!

Kim I was totally confused by all the hotels, so ended up choosing to stay in Times square, The Renaissance, as it came 19th out of 500 in trip advisor ratings lol. Its on 7th Avenue xxx

What everyone has said is great but what you really need to do is become a celebrity stalker! Get your camera and become a paparazzi/camera whore! If your going out you gota get into all the fabulous clubs and you never know....johnny depp might have a movie premier or something....hehe! Enjoy your hols xoxo

Hotel Warwick or Hotel Warwick is a nice place to stay, on west 54th street.

Oh and Burger Heaven for brekkie and burgers full stop!!! :D

Soooo excited and soo jealous, been twice and its amazing!

Central Park - Beautiful...you will see men with bikes and a little cart or a horse and carriage. Horse and carriage, sweet and romantic, dont really see too much...but the bikes, fantastic!! Our guide was great and he explained popular spots and the history, stopped to take photos etc, really recommend that :)

Times square - Buzzing and soo much fun, we saw grease in broadway and was excellent.

Shopping - 5th avenue, masys, bloomingdales etc. And Woodbury Common...absolutley fab, can get a coach there for the day, amazing shops and if you go to the tourist info when you get there they will give you a voucher book that you can use in shops :)

Empire state building....get there at 8am and no cue :) and do it at night too :)
Rockerfella Centre
Ice Skating in Central Park
Liberty Island
Ground Zero
Grand Central Station

And one night for dinner, The Veiw...A turning restraunt...Amazing food and every time you look out the window, you have a different veiw, beautiful :)

You wont fall short of anything to do...

Have an amazing time...i am sooo jealous!! Hoping to go back in a year or so...hinting at the other half :p

xx

Oh...Brooklyn Bridge too...Take a stroll along there...Dont try to go the road way like we did..Whoops! The policeman kindly pointed us to the pathway :) x

I'm taking my daughter shopping for a week in March/April. Can you suggest a good central hotel? x
barclay intercontinenal , very central and the most perfect cosmopliatain ! not sure if i havent spealt it right?

thanks for all your replys geeks. I have a list as long as my arm now of things to do, as well as shoes to but haha:lol:

Thank you xx

go to toys 'r ' us in times square, it has a huge ferris wheel inside!!! a visit to ground zero? i went to new york just after 9/11 and then again 6 months later, it really had a huge impact on me to see what had happened to such an amazing city, take the greylines tour bus over the bridges, amazing sights to see!!! china town is interesting!!! oh and dont forget to tip the cleaners in your hotel, they earn very little but do an amazing job!! new york is an amazing palce, visit the central station to see the lights in the ceiling, im desperate to go back. although i have been there 23 times but only twice in manhattan, the rest i was working . im waiting for my bf to take me there as my dream is yo get engaged on top of the empire state building!!!

ive rambled on a bit, but enjoy!!!!!

xxx

I hired a bike and rode through Central Park, it was magical!! The buskers that play there are amazing, I could listen to them all day!!

Latest posts

Back