Newbie from the North East

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Staceow

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I've been reading through the discussions and you all seem like a friendly bunch. I'm a newbie not just to this forum but to any forum so bear with me while I get the hang of everything.

I just really wanted to say hello and introduce myself to everyone, I'm trainned in VTCT, which I completed in March 2007 at my local college doing 2 nights per week as I was working full time through the day. My plan at that time was to complete the course and go into a salon for some experience then maybe set up my own mobile business.... But in May 2007 I fell pregnant with my first baby and that kinda put all my plans on the back burner! :eek:

So now I am ready for action again!!!! but the only problem I face now is I can't work full time in a salon for child care costs so I am planning on going mobile but I feel like am out of practice and my confidence needs a boost. I have done sets of nails for friends and family and one wedding so I know I can do them but the other problem is I was only trainned in UV Gel - Pronails and I would really love to learn Acrylic as I believe many people prefere this.

Does anyone know a course I can attend to really refresh my knowledge without going through it all again? and is Creative course the best reconised qualification in the business as all the nail technician jobs I see advertised you have to be Creative trainned?

Well thanks for reading, Better get back to changing nappies!!! Lol

Hi

I'm a newbie too so can't really offer any advice as I am deliberating courses too, although there seems to a definite respect for CND, I know others here are doing other courses.

I just wanted to help you feel welcome :)

Congrats on your baby - getting any sleep? LOL Your a braver woman than I am.

Vyx
xx

Hi hun and a warm welcome to geek land:hug: if I were you I would ring Sweet Squared (Creative) to ask about doing a conversion course. They and everyone else will be happy to accept your certificate as proof of competence. But I only do L&P so I'm not sure of the route to converting to a different system as well as product range.
I started with CND then did some 121 training with NSI. I want to do more training but not sure who with or even what at the mo:lol: a lot of the geeks rate Ezflow and OPI as well and I'm sure that a lot of the geeks will be on here soon to fill your head to bursting :lol:

Hi and welcome to the site. I'm a North East geek too!
Enjoy :hug:

Welcome to the site, I am Creative trained in L&P, Brisa gel and Span mani and pedi and love it all so am definitely biased.

I would definitely recommend Creative training but then we all favour our own systems:lol:

Hi,

Welcome to the site...enjoy x

Welcome to the site!

Wendy is your nearest trainer for CND (creative) she is based in Shiremoor, near the Tyne Tunnel. PM me if you want her number.
You will gain loads from doing the Creative L&P (liquid & Powder) course.

xx

I'm only recently qualified and also want to train with creative, I have wendy's number as there aren't any courses in Newcastle any time soon. I quite fancy doing the acrylic aswell as conversion in mani/pedi. So if you want me to mention to her about you could maybe go together?

You's north east geeks are popping up in all directions. There's loads of us now!

xx

I know, I was trying to work out if there was a way to see who was on here from the north east and then everyone has popped up!

A big hello n welcome to the geek land!!
i trained with CND and love it!!
im not to sure bout the other systems bu im sur people here will give u advice bout them!
anyway, just wanted to say Hello!!

hiya,
I'm in Durham.
Don't do nails (although have done mani and pedi training).

We are a very friendly bunch, specially us North Easters!!! :green:

Hi,
Welcome to the site,
I'm from North East too.........

Everyone is so kind, thanks for all the replys and for welcoming me to the site... I'm addicted already.

I have decided Creative is defo the way to go. I really need to do it sooner rather than later.

Thanks for all the great information regarding wendy and Creative.. I can see this site is going to be my life line. x x x

Everyone is so kind, thanks for all the replys and for welcoming me to the site... I'm addicted already.

I have decided Creative is defo the way to go. I really need to do it sooner rather than later.

Thanks for all the great information regarding wendy and Creative.. I can see this site is going to be my life line. x x x
run away now! this is will become your LIFE!!!:eek::idea::lol:

Hi there, I am a total non-acrylic person, so there is gel AND there is Bio Sculture gel. Why don't you contact them? No nasty smells:lol: and safe and does not cause damage. It is something you can do mobile.Clients love it. You can look on the web who to contact.

My trainner at college raved about Bio Sculture, I'll have a look at that too.

Thanks x x x

Latest posts

Back