NSS - Now I've heard it all!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

magsham

Reaction score
I've been with a new client today whom had nss acrylics on and wanted them off and replaced. Took over an hour to get these beasts off but her nails weren't as bad as i was expecting.

Whilst i was buffing the remainder from her nail, she says to me that the nailbar she had them done in 'doesn't do that'. When i asked her what she meant she said that before they put you in to soak, if there is any lifting they stick a nail tip under the lifting bit and try to leaver it off! If that doesn't work then they'll soak!! I was gobsmacked - honest, i sat there with my mouth wide open for about a minute before i finally said ' you're kidding!'

Has anyone else heard this from a client?? I was so wanting to 'name and shame' but who too???:mad:

Sadly this practise has been going on for years!!

It is not new but very shocking when you hear it the first time.

Yes, I've heard that from clients too....ouch!

She's lucky they used a new tip, in some places the bloke has a long fingernail especially for this job!
Apparently, my local one uses a bus timetable:eek:?!

She's lucky they used a new tip, in some places the bloke has a long fingernail especially for this job!

whaaaaaaaat? :eek: crazy people. My local one is always so busy tho! and my previous boss used to say they did the best nails she'd ever seen....

I gotta say, for the first time in my life i am completely lost for words!! How can they get away with this? Are people mad???

I gotta say, for the first time in my life i am completely lost for words!! How can they get away with this? Are people mad???

No hun, they just don't know any better - if this is all they've ever had.

Yes, sadly this is just one of the many hazardous practices of the nss.

I used to be gobsmacked shocked when I first heard about these sorts of things. Now I just shake my head in silent despair.

Lucky for your client that she found you.

whaaaaaaaat? :eek: crazy people. My local one is always so busy tho! and my previous boss used to say they did the best nails she'd ever seen....

Sometimes these places produce fabulous looking enhancements BUT what is going on underneath them is another thing!!!

Just shows what women will put up with for a SPEEDY service. If you have clients who want a speedy service then use PopIts and you can provide it without all the horrors they are experiencing now. 30 minutes and your full set or rebalance is complete.

I'll tell you what, if I was situated near an NSS I'd sure be offering a speedy service without PAIN. I bet the customers would come in droves.

Sometimes these places produce fabulous looking enhancements BUT what is going on underneath them is another thing!!!

Just shows what women will put up with for a SPEEDY service. If you have clients who want a speedy service then use PopIts and you can provide it without all the horrors they are experiencing now. 30 minutes and your full set or rebalance is complete.

I'll tell you what, if I was situated near an NSS I'd sure be offering a speedy service without PAIN. I bet the customers would come in droves.

you're so right geeg! I have rung S2 and have asked for a sample of poppits. I want to get good enough at using them with my Brisa - and as you say - no pain!

:lol::lol::lol: I so wish you could see me now, I am laughing so hard I have tears down my face!! A bus timetable? I'll remember to pick one up next week, is there any particular bus route I should go for to ensure effectiveness?????:lol::lol: Can you imagine being the client and the tech gets a bus timetable out to lever your enhancements off??????

:lol::lol::lol: I so wish you could see me now, I am laughing so hard I have tears down my face!! A bus timetable? I'll remember to pick one up next week, is there any particular bus route I should go for to ensure effectiveness?????:lol::lol: Can you imagine being the client and the tech gets a bus timetable out to lever your enhancements off??????

Lol, imagine, come here love the 97A timetable is a bit more rigid on the corner than the others, we will give that a try this week! Seriously though, why on earth do these people keep going back!

Perhaps if you pay extra the tech gets their credit card out to do the job????:lol: Personally I would run a mile, but like Geeg said, some women will put up with anything for a quick result.

OMG that is disgusting :irked:

I know a lady who goes to a nail tech. who she says "is the best in town" ( felt a little offended) Now, she is quite hard on her nails & at least every month breaks a nail ,but she said she hates to go & get it fixed because it hurts when he removes it. I try to explain to her that it damages it but she's too dedicated to him.........What can u do , some people r just too thick!!:irked:

I know a lady who goes to a nail tech. who she says "is the best in town" ( felt a little offended) Now, she is quite hard on her nails & at least every month breaks a nail ,but she said she hates to go & get it fixed because it hurts when he removes it. I try to explain to her that it damages it but she's too dedicated to him.........What can u do , some people r just too thick!!:irked:

Is he doing anything else apart form her nails??? Man alive ... some women are nuts.

LOL........I don't know , but i'll have to ask!!

My local NSS uses a black and decker dremel to do the filing :eek:

Before I knew better, I had nails both applied and removed by a nns. I watched as a drill was applied at every stage, had a pink appication of l&p and my white tips sprayed on. A piece of cardboard was used as a template. To my untrained eye, though, they looked ok and I was pleased. The whole process took just over an hour.

I later wanted them removed and I was out of the door within 25 minutes with very sore rings of fire and a clear demarcation line where the drill had gone in. It was soak/drill, soak/drill until they were gone. I got no aftercare, the 'Tech' had to speak through a third party and I didn't get so much as a drop of oil on them. I wised up after that. :irked:

Yes, sadly this is just one of the many hazardous practices of the nss.

I used to be gobsmacked shocked when I first heard about these sorts of things. Now I just shake my head in silent despair.

Lucky for your client that she found you.

They also told her that her nails were too thin to have a NNO and that having tips makes them stronger! She was happy when i told her that was a load of rubbish as her nails were at a lovely length and she wasn't really keen on tips but had them cos they told her she needed them. I did a french nno and she was really chuffed. She's already booked her infill appointment and gave me a tip! Wants a pedi next time too - bless her!:)

Latest posts

Back