Oh my ... bad bacterial infection on new client.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kellymac78

Reaction score
hi all

I dont know how to upload a picture onto here but i had a lady come to me today her friend is a customer of mine and she reffered her she wanted me to soak off her other acrylics and then put her a new set of mine on however during the consultation i noticed all of her nails looked bruised she said she is always in the kitchen and garden so that would explain it. I soaked off the nails to find underneath one of the worst infections i have EVER come across every single nail on the free edge was green. I told her that i am unable to put any acrylic on them until it has cleared she also asked if she should go to the doctors which i advised i explained that i am not a doctor i cant diagnose anything but it might be worth a visit. If somone can explain how i get a picture on then i would like to know what you think did i do the right thing??
:eek::eek::eek:

The nails must have lifted and I think it would be a bacterial rather than a fungal infection. What happens is when you get lifting, dirt, debris, etc get trapped beneath the acrylic and your natural nail. The bacteria begin to feed off your natural nail and produce waste and that's the green colour you see. Think you have to use some sort of alcohol to remove it.

I think you may need to be a premium geek to post images in the forums .. otherwise you need to put them into your albums and direct people to them there. Most of us become Premium geeks to give something back to the site that gives us so much. Not expensive but it does help.

thanks so much for replying i have just managed to upload a picture now been racking my brain all day its the worst one i have ever seen

Well those are a right mess and it looks like she has been wearing stick ons at some point a month or two ago which is why the nails are green on the ends and all soft and pulpy and with Onycholysis.

Seen it before and I bet you find that this is something she hasn't told you about.

In 5-6 weeks they will look allot better and you can then do them.

Get her to grow out that mess on the ends first. What some people do eh?

thanks so much she was really worried and called her doctor straight away she had been to a local chinese nail salon and said she didnt remember them using any kind of sanitize on her as she said oh what are you doing when i sprayed her hands before i started its also her daughters wedding in 2 weeks and she wants them doing for that i really have my doubts hope you dont mind me asking but what would you do??

thanks so much she was really worried and called her doctor straight away she had been to a local chinese nail salon and said she didnt remember them using any kind of sanitize on her as she said oh what are you doing when i sprayed her hands before i started its also her daughters wedding in 2 weeks and she wants them doing for that i really have my doubts hope you dont mind me asking but what would you do??
I wouldn't do these nails, not even for the wedding. Its best leaving them 6+ weeks like geeg says until they have grown out. By doing these you could make the problem worst.
You could sugest to her that she could cover the nail plates with her own polish just for the wedding, then remove that very evening. xx

thankyou my theory is if there is any doubt then dont do it gonna stick to my guns on this one

Stick to your guns huni its not worth your heard earned reputation :hug:
If she is a client worth having she will listen to you as the professional and will be back when they have grown out for a proper set of enhancements :) x

Hopefully it'll be taken out of your hands as the Doc will probably tell her to refrain from any treatments until they've healed completely. Other than that, you can always say you would do a treatment if she's happy to provide a doctors note at least then you're covering yourself. x

Latest posts

Back