Ok had enough....client officially sacked!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think you should tell the truth! What happens if her daughter gives up her nails and says, okay I'll let mum have my slot? What will you do then? I just told my client that I would not do her nails anymore as she has mucked me about too often and was costing me money through lost business. She only had herself to blame. A couple of months later she was on the phone begging for me to do them again and promised me she wouldn't muck me about. I said that I would give her one last chance, but the first sign of trouble and I'd be gone .... she never mucked me about again!

The thing is if you let clients muck you about then they will. They don't know that it's upsetting you or driving you mad or costing you money unless you tell them!
I have read your last reply to Sassy Tiger Jay, but I have to say that I do agree that it is better to be up front and honest about this to your client. Tell her the truth and let her know why you no longer wish to do her nails. The mere fact that she asked you to phone her for her next appointment shows that she thinks she has you wrapped around her fingers.

So I say, take a stand and be honest with her!

Sometimes i wish i could be honest and say what i really want to say to some clients...but i kind of white wash it and it doesn't come out at all how i wish it would.

I have read threads in the past where someone is unhappy with a client for whatever the reason and people reply..."id tell her straight"...and "no way i would stand for that".....but realistically...would you...? its easier said than done.

I think that really she has put the ball in your court by saying "ring me"...just don't ring her. Wait and see if she rings you and if she does, cross that bridge at the time. As for her daughter....well you haven't got to say anything to her about it....its between you and the mother.

If SHE has left the ball in YOUR court.....do you have to do anything at all? Just dont contact her any more. If (and when) she contacts you, then you can tell her truthfully that your books are now full and are unable to fit her in...but you could put her on your waiting list, if she wishes.

Tracey, I know you and Sassy are absolutely right in what you are saying. Is it just me, because I am really starting to get nervous of this situation.

Am I actually frightened of this client because she is confrontational?
Am really ashamed to say this but, yes I am.:cry:

I never have this with any of my other clients. It's my own fault for not standing my ground the first couple of times she messed me around. But to be told at the last minute (as I was on the way to her)....."I'm canceling, you'll have to leave it for a couple of weeks, I have no nails to work on as the "acrylics have totally ruined my nails!" ".

I know I am being a pussy cat about this. But the daughter is just as pushy as the mother. Do I risk losing the daughter as a client too? (she's never messed me around).

God I'm making myself angry because I really am starting to sound pathetic!:grr:

Ok.............so, do I wait for her to contact me to book her appointment, for me to tell her the truth. Or do I phone her?

You're so right I need to do this in the right way!
Help me through this step by step guys, I really appreciate you taking the time to listen to this!:hug: :hug:

If SHE has left the ball in YOUR court.....do you have to do anything at all? Just dont contact her any more. If (and when) she contacts you, then you can tell her truthfully that your books are now full and are unable to fit her in...but you could put her on your waiting list, if she wishes.
This sounds like the sort of way I do really want to deal with it........but is it right?
Then again, some people you just can't get through to.

Sometimes i wish i could be honest and say what i really want to say to some clients...but i kind of white wash it and it doesn't come out at all how i wish it would.

I have read threads in the past where someone is unhappy with a client for whatever the reason and people reply..."id tell her straight"...and "no way i would stand for that".....but realistically...would you...? its easier said than done.

I think that really she has put the ball in your court by saying "ring me"...just don't ring her. Wait and see if she rings you and if she does, cross that bridge at the time. As for her daughter....well you haven't got to say anything to her about it....its between you and the mother.
Bagpuss has a good point there too! So actually it might be the best idea to act as you mentioned in your last post after Angie.

She asked you to phone her. So don't phone! If she does eventually call you either because she does want an appointment or because she is wondering why you haven't phoned her, then just admit that you no longer think is is wise to do her nails. If she sends a message of enquiry via her daughter, then suggest to the daughter that she get her mum to call you.

That does feel a more natural thing to do..........I think if I was going to come out right and tell her what the problem was, then I should have done it right there and then!

A valuable lesson learned here I think.

I will keep you guys posted and let you know how the situation pans out!

Thank you so much every one for your support!:hug: :hug:

Conclusion:
In the future I will stand my ground from the very beginning!:idea:

Julie I know what you mean and Angie I know what you mean, sometimes faced with the reality is so much harder than the theory of it all. I geuss when it happened to me the client phoned me and I was so angry at this point that she had mucked me around again I just I'm very sorry but I can't keep losing money like this you'll have to find another tech.

What I would do is as said, leave it and make her ring you. When she rings back say that you are very sorry but as she hasn't rung back you presumed she wasn't coming any more and gave the slot to someone else!!! If she makes a scene just say -Someone else has been waiting for that slot for a long time and as she doesn't seem happy with the damage that happens when she picks them off, AND keeps changing her appointments, AND didn't rebook at the time, you had to give the time slot to the other client as she was willing to book there and then - after all you can't afford to have spare slots in your diary "just in case" and it is very much first come first served.

If she wants to get huffy then that's her problem, she shouldn't have mucked you around in the first place!

I agree that she is wasting your time and in this posittion I would probably do the same, but just hope that she doesnt start to bad mouth you telling people that your work has ruined her nails as this could affect your business in the future.:eek:

I've never had any other client say that, I as a nail tech, or the product, have ruined their nails, all of my clients are aware that they must take as much care of their nails with the product on as they do if they we down to the natural nail.
No complaints at all.

So if this one bad mouths me it won't be a good experience, but I will still have my existing clients recommendations.:idea:

Oh well new chapter, turn the page and lets get on with making money and enjoying the job while I do it!!:)

i'm thinking maybe you might be better off without either of them if they are both that confrontational.

You go girl xxx

Latest posts

Back