Ok had enough....client officially sacked!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tiger Jay

Reaction score
I am absolutely steaming!!!!:evil:

I've been messed about for the last time by the same client.
Calling me out for 1 repair at the drop of a hat.
Turning up 15 minutes late........(being mobile, waiting outside her house!)
Picking off her enhancements
Forgetting what day her appointment was after clearly writing it down!
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
This time, I was just about to walk out the door with my cases, when I received a text message (from her daughter!)to say her mom can't make it tomorrow and will ring you for another appointment!

Tomorrow???????????
She was booked in today......I was almost on the way to her house!

So I called to speak to her, as she reeled off all this rubbish about how the "acrylics" have totally recked her nails and now there is nothing to work on.

I wouldn't mind but I've actually caught her picking them off whilst waiting for me to set up!!!!

For the last and final time I told her that the enhancements were not damaging the nail as it was the trauma that she had put her nails through by pulling them off. Of course they are damaged!!!!
:grr: :grr: :grr: :grr: :grr: :grr:
She said "I'll leave it a couple of weeks and then you can contact me and arrange the next appointment"
"Ok I said......"
NOT!!!
No way am I putting myself through this, no way!
She'll have to find another tech, because I'm "far too busy and can't fit her in" if you get my drift.

Have I done the right thing?

Let's face it people like that cost you money!

It's been a long time coming and I'm making a stand!!!
Just interested in what you guys have to say about this.

Phew!!! Feel much better now!
Thanks for reading!:hug:

Yep totally done the right thing - she is messing you about - Go you!

I have done this once too...same sort of client, only im home salon based...she was always late, or she would forget her appt, or forget her purse etc etc. I worried when I sacked her, as at the time I didnt have a lot of clients, but I cant say as I have missed her at all!!:)

Well, you have no need to secnd guess yourself. I would have done the same...Infact I rate you higly for even giving as many chances as you did! Well done to you!!

xxxx

You have done the right thing, especially as you are mobile. I've sacked a client before for messing me about like that - I told her she was costing me money and she would have to go elsewhere. Good for you, you really have got that business head on now haven't you !!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

As long as you sort it out tactfully, then it won't hurt you. Word of mouth can hurt as much as it can help, if it comes from the wrong source.

I agree that wasting your time with clients that have no respect for your time or your skills simply are NOT worth it.
If all she's going to do is pick them off all the time, and blame the acrylic.... Then close the book on this one, and write it off as a learning experience.

In fact, you could always show her by soaking off one of your own nails that the acrylic does NOT damage the nail. It's the 'picking' off that does. Proof is in the pudding and all of that.
That's assuming that you think there's a possibility of actually teaching this woman something.
(I have actually done this with a client that was a serial picker and biter.. and she wanted nails, truly... I converted her.... she's now reformed. BUT not all can be reformed)

Hang in there. There are lots of lovely people out there. Dont let the odd ones make you crazy.

The one place I draw the line at is respect. If a client can't respect me,then they're "fired". Don't lie to me, and don't waste my time being late or failing to show up, or cancelling late.

Those are the things that make me 'fire' clients.
Otherwise, I do my utmost best to be tolerant, and patient with the pickers and biters.

Hope this helps
:hug:

Absolutely the right decision.

I think I have been more than tolerant with this client, the good thing is I have a couple of potential regular clients waiting in the wings to take her place.........(As I couldn't physically fit them in before......now I can and I will)!
:wink2:
The only dilemma I do have is that her daughter is one of my clients too. So I am going to have to deal with this in a diplomatic way. Like I say, ".......so busy the last couple of weeks and unfortunately someone has taken the place of your block booking.........":)

The worst of it was that she was expecting me to wait a couple of weeks and then contact her for another appointment!!:eek:

WHAT?
I think not!:irked:

I hate people that just dont turn up or in your case cancel last minuit..
i once missed an apointment due to having to go to hospital with the bump and felt sooo guilty :rolleyes: Lol.
She must think your life revolves around her.

I hate people that just dont turn up or in your case cancel last minuit..
i once missed an apointment due to having to go to hospital with the bump and felt sooo guilty :rolleyes: Lol.
She must think your life revolves around her.
Yes your totally right there.

I made a point on Sassy's famous thread that just because a client pays you, doesn't mean they own you.

I think you've done the right thing mate :)

An hour ago I was raging with fury............now that you guys are voicing your opinions I feel ready to conquer the world!!

Cheers!:wink2:

I have had the same sort of client. I also found it hard at first as i only had a few and didn't feel i should turn anyone away.

Now i am a lot more harder. If a client expects me to go to them at the drop of a hat, then i charge them a minimum of £10 for the privelage. I am also mobile and you need to cover your costs. I rarely get called out now, if anything they come to me, which i say i will happily do their repair for £3 if they do.

Noone needs a client like her, so you have definately done the right thing.

Bite your tongue, count to 10..... start again.:hug:

Bugger it - you've done the right thing :)

You dont need clients like these - have you told her yet or decided what to say to her?

You dont need clients like these - have you told her yet or decided what to say to her?
Yep,
"I'm really sorry but due to a wedding booking I did last week (which is actually true!) I've gained another couple of clients that have taken up the remaining evening appointments.........."

It's not lying!

you did the right thing, youve got to be hard on em if there wasting your time! thats what i say.....it must be awful to have clients that wreck there nails and mess you about......
:eek: all this to come if i stick at nails! great!

I think you should tell the truth! What happens if her daughter gives up her nails and says, okay I'll let mum have my slot? What will you do then? I just told my client that I would not do her nails anymore as she has mucked me about too often and was costing me money through lost business. She only had herself to blame. A couple of months later she was on the phone begging for me to do them again and promised me she wouldn't muck me about. I said that I would give her one last chance, but the first sign of trouble and I'd be gone .... she never mucked me about again!

The thing is if you let clients muck you about then they will. They don't know that it's upsetting you or driving you mad or costing you money unless you tell them!

I think you should tell the truth! What happens if her daughter gives up her nails and says, okay I'll let mum have my slot? What will you do then? I just told my client that I would not do her nails anymore as she has mucked me about too often and was costing me money through lost business. She only had herself to blame. A couple of months later she was on the phone begging for me to do them again and promised me she wouldn't muck me about. I said that I would give her one last chance, but the first sign of trouble and I'd be gone .... she never mucked me about again!

The thing is, if you let clients muck you about then they will. They don't know that it's upsetting you or driving you mad or costing you money unless you tell them!
Already got this one worked out..........her daughter can only do morning appointments as all kids are at school and nursery, and her mother can only do evening appointments as she is in full time work.

Admittedly I did think about this one and it did worry me a bit.

I do totally understand what you are saying here and also agree, however if I do begin to tell her about her mucking me about, she is the sort of person to start up a debate about it........"but I work full time and sometimes I can't remember everything" or "it's not my fault my nails are coming off.........." (even though I know 100% she's picking)
I don't know if I can put myself through this sort of confrontation. Which is why I would rather just slot some one else in her place who really has been waiting for a space to do her.

You see although mobile, I am only part time because I am at home with my 2 year old and I have to work around my husbands shifts. This is perfect for me at the moment........however I am only limited to a certain amount of time, and I do actually have a couple of potential clients who are waiting to put them on my books. (Recommendation through an existing client).

Why waist my time debating with a client who messes me about when I could just give someone else a chance who will respect me more?

After all, I do think it's a bit of a cheek to say," leave it for a couple of weeks and then , you can call me for another appointment when you're free."

It just put the icing on the cake for me , that's all.

Oh I don't know , what do you think, Sassy?

Latest posts

Back