Opinions on the tip advice I've been given please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amyloutay

Reaction score
hi, i am new to all this and have just bought some cheap tips to practice l&p on myself but when they arrived i thought they seemed too cheap! (i know you get what you pay for,i wasnt expecting high quality) the seller has replied with this and i just want a second opinion on what they are saying as i thought u still need good quality tips...

"HI Amy
You can return for a full refund if they are unused. The tips are really great to use and require no blending at all. The strength in nails come from the acrylic and not the tip. The thinner the tip the better/stonger enhancement. Acrylic is stronger than plastic and so if the tip is thick, a thin layer of acrylic is applied so that the enhancement does not look bulky. When you use a thinner tip you can apply a thicker layer of acrylic and this is what gives the nail strength. (think when sculpting is done using nail forms no tip is used at all).
If you would prefer a refund, no problem, just let us know and return them within 7 days
kind regards
#####"

I think this is globaly true.

I wouldn't say the amount of acryl makes a nail strong, but its placement on the nail... but the main point that I get is right.

The seller speaks the truth,
the strength is in the correct placement of the acrylic (L&P) , making sure you have a nice apex for structure.
As you'll see written on this site, the tip is merely a canvass, something to stop the wet L&P from falling on the floor when you are applying the product. :lol:
Thin is exactly what you want from a tip, but obviously I can't comment on the quality of the tips you have, having not seen them :)

Yes I agree..the seller sounds like they know what the are talking about to me...what make are the tips? I think it sounds like the seller has been more than fair by offering you a refund as well, and dont forget...you dont have to actually put the tips on yourself or anyone else to practice to start with...you can push them into some blue tack and pretend its a finger to practice application & smile lines etc.

Ditto!
I used to use 'thick' tips that were a nightmare to blend.
Then I discovered the "Asian" tips at nailite and fell in love. They blend like BUTTER. On the rare occasion that I use tips, those are the only ones I use.

It also seems you have had no training as such, I'm sure when you do some credible training you will learn all these technical issues.

I feel a bit funny about giving advice to people with no formal training .....BUT

Tips add a basic structure ........their manufactured strength, flexibility, shape and ability to fit the nail without squeezing/flattening does count to a certain degree, otherwise we would just use shaped bits of paper/crappy plastic.

You really need a tip that fits the nail snugly, no one tips suits everyone, you really need about 4 different styles.

Or just do sculptures (and sculpts don't suit everyone either.

It's about diversity and the knowledge about what to use and when to use it.

People with no education always seek a cheaper option, but eventually learn, this is not the way to go. Cheaper products will only slow your learning process.

i am just about to start my training but am impatient and wanted to order the tips so that when iv started the training i can have a sneaky go on myself at home! just preparing myself cos i know once i start ill want to have a go! (im fully aware they will look awful lol)

thankyou for all the replies.the sellers advise seemed to be opposit to what i have read on here but then thatgoes to prove you need proper training to understand it all.
i have also bought some more expensive tips but dont want to waste them on my first rubbishy attempt!

They are telling the truth.

If the tips are cheap and you feel they are not good quality, use them to just practise making smile lines on, not using them on people. Get more expensive/better quality tips to put on yourself. Don't try anything which isn't the best when you are practising. You want to get used to your products and have the best chance of success and improvement by using high quality products.

They are telling the truth.

If the tips are cheap and you feel they are not good quality, use them to just practise making smile lines on, not using them on people. Get more expensive/better quality tips to put on yourself. Don't try anything which isn't the best when you are practising. You want to get used to your products and have the best chance of success and improvement by using high quality products.

Totally agree ... why ever make life difficult or work difficult by not using top quality goods and products?

The seller told you the absolute truth .. couldn't have put it better.

Latest posts

Back