pay as you learn!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sugar06

Reaction score

do any of you think or no any different to me, about wether Creative will do some kind of pay as you learn thing, for people with a lower income? i have a few friends who are interested & along with me and i find it impossible to save as i am a shop-a-holic!

personaly i think this would be great,although the courses are short. i dont think it would matter that you have the payments coming out for a few months, because what you will have learnt will be worth it. if you know what i mean :D

plus it could make nail training more attractive to people in a low income bracket!
x

The best people to ask would be the Creative Nail Academy - I have never heard of them doing this though.

The best thing to do would be to contact them direct.

If it was for the five day course then it would be difficult to enforce as there is nothing to stop people cancelling there payment two months down the line.

If you really want it then you will manage to save :D

Sorry but as far i know creative wouldnt do this but i could be wrong ( again lol ) my friend did her foundation course at creative and it was all payed for by the unemployment people, they payed for it all for her because she is a single parent and she got someone to write her a letter saying they would employ her once qualified, the job fell through but the dole still payed for it all, i tried getting them to pay for me but because im single with no children i was told no and had to pay for it all myself hth

i have a few friends who are interested & along with me and i find it impossible to save as i am a shop-a-holic!
If you're really set on training and are serious about it then it should give you the push to stop spending and start saving.
This isn't a cheap business to be in when you're just starting out, you'll need to replenish your product stock frequently as you'll be practicing like mad and will go through your products like they're going out of fashion.

Good Luck with your saving :wink2:

I agree that if you want it badly enough then you will find a way of paying for it. After all it is an investment in yourself, and eventually you will get a return on this investment - one day.

thanks for the comments, old habbits die hard with this shopaholic! i must learn to restrain my self! :green:

I know what you mean, thats why I stay away from the shops if I can, its too tempting!!

I would like to see a payment plan too :cry:

I'm not a shop-a-holic by any stretch (geez, ya need money for that)
BUT there's always a new pair of shoes for the wee ones when they grow out of what they're wearing...or whatever... Setting it aside..well, it always gets spent on the kids.

I can't get a grant because I'm not a single mum. Even though we are strapped with hubby working two jobs to pay everything...... oh well.
I guess after the roof gets fixed :irked:

i hear ya vhunter!

its all very easy to say if you want to do it you will save up for it, but what about the people who simply cant aford to save for it, im speeking for them aswell, personaly i could save for alot of things,but i would have very little to live on, as im not exactly minted! :rolleyes:

thanks for the comments, old habbits die hard with this shopaholic! i must learn to restrain my self! :green:
Why dont you buy one of those terracotta money jars.You know the one you have to smash to get at your money.

They are £15.00 so not cheap,which personally I think is all the more reason not to break into it early.

They are so good I had one and saved nearly £500.00.HTH

where could i get one?

Hi hun,
Whilst I couldn't see anyone giving you the course before you had paid for it as already said, there would be nothing to stop you (not personaly) from canceling the payments, why don't you ring them and set up a payment plan and then when you have paid for it all you could do the course, while my hubby was taking his degree, I did this for some 121 training, gave them the money from Pauls grant and did the training when i had the time, I knew dam well if I waited to pay I'd spend the money on something else:lol:

If you have a few friends interested as you say, why don't you get together and see if you could book as trainer on a pay-as-you-go basis....like 1-2-1 for a few of you. Not sure if it would count as a foundation, but I'm sure CNA can advise on what training can be done this way. I've certainly found 1-2-1 to be very successful.

Hi

The creative academy is a business at the end of the day, they can't tell their staff that they can't pay their wages that month as a few girls haven't paid for their courses can they? As a business they have a responsibility to their staff and share holders etc.

You could ask the academy if you can pre-pay your course, when you have paid for it as suggested you could sit your course. Or you could get a business loan, some job centers do this, enterprise centers etc. Or get put it on a visa card then transfer to a 0% one.

I do sympathise i have three children and they are an expense, its so hard to know they need something, you have the money and think oh well, as mothers our first instinct is to put our children first no way round it! Thats why i go into my overdraft every month! :rolleyes:

:lol: I offer a 'pay as you learn' type of plan for my students ie they pay a deposit when they book and then they can write post dated cheques for the balance spread over the next few months.

The truth is that not a lot of people can actually afford to cough up the total cost of a course in one go, life has it's unexpected ups and downs and sometimes people just don't have a reserve of funds.

However, if people can pay as they learn they get a chance to get their training done and get their business up and running and can usually make enough from their business to cover their post dated cheques as they arise. I think this works well for them.

To be quite honest i dont understand the fuss around it, builders on large projects take staged payments, even property builders take staged payments on the cost of a house!!! I get a lot of demand for it and im delighted to be in a position to offer it .

It's nice to help people help themselves. :hug:

i think this is a good idea pay as you learn as i do think that some academies are really dear to train eg creative which cost around £500 this each for acrylic and gel so there fore near £1000 to do both who has got that kind of cash i'm sure i ahaven't, and i am sure most of the popularity of the country hasn't either whether they save up or not,
i do hope this will start some day for the better

eg creative which cost around £500 this each for acrylic and gel so there fore near £1000 to do both

Once you have completed your foundation course, at yes, around £500 (but well worth every penny IMHO), you need only do a conversion course to other systems. My L&P conversion course with Creative was only a round £100, and I go that much in prodcut, so effectively the training for that is free. The Brisa course is slightly more, but then includes the lamp...again the cost is completely recouped in kit and product, but the training is technically free.

i think this is a good idea pay as you learn as i do think that some academies are really dear to train eg creative which cost around £500 this each for acrylic and gel so there fore near £1000 to do both
you wouldn't do 2 foundation courses, you'd do one, then perfect your skills before doing the induction day in the next system you choose, the induction classes aren't costing a lot of money as you pay for the products and basically get the training for free.

Latest posts

Back