Perron Rigot teething problems

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charlene1983

Reaction score
Hi
So I got my samples and new wax heater and have been practicing on family. I can't seem to grasp the fact that the wax is designed to be applied thinly. Compared to old fashioned hot wax was easier to apply thick and remove. For example I applied to my mams upper lip and found myself picking to remove which she found painful. I used the blue pre lotion but it makes me look in competent in my technique and I've been waxing 11 years.
My clients are asking for it but I don't feel confident to use it on them- any advice? X
Ps I'm doing the Kim lawless course in sept but that's specifically for intimate waxing, I thought I'd be able to simply make the transition for facial waxing etc

After the blue lotion are you using any oil?

The jasmin oil will stop the wax sticking to the skin but not the hairs.

Don't over complicate it.

Cleanse with Blue Lotion
Apply a tiny bit of Jasmine Oil
Stretch the skin
Apply the wax from the centre to the outside of the upper lip in one direction and make sure that you apply pressure to the spatula.
As you get the outer edge, make the edge a little thicker (just tidy it up) so you can grab it.

The wax should be thin enough not to break but not very thick.

I'll do a little video tomoz if I get time.

Thanks both of you, no I was not using any oil, but it makes sense about creating a tiny edge so I can remove the wax. It's awful really I've gone from being the waxing pro in the eyes of my clients to someone who isn't confident even though I've already invested a lot of money Into my new product that I've been raving about to them! Bring on September Kim! My Aunty is waiting for the excuse to show the newcastle lass around Essex ha! Thanks again geeks!

This is a clip of someone using Perron Rigot hot wax for brows. Have a look at it, you may see something your not doing or something your doing differently.

Cirepil Wax Demo - Eyebrow - YouTube

And this clip is good too because at the end it shows you how you can use a strip you just removed as a tab to help remove the next bit of wax if you feel the need to (I think it is good to have the knowledge that you can do this if you need to :)).

Cirepil Waxing Demo - Underarm - YouTube

Persuade someone to lend you their legs / back or big area of the body. It will be easier for you to practice applying and removing the wax here.

Also call Thalgo head office and find out if there is a discovery day nearby you could attend.

Alternatively ask some local trainers who are familiar with PR / similar waxes and see I'd they could do an hour or two one to one coaching.

Good luck!

How kind of you Kim. Id also love to see s video :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

When I get any new wax,I try it on myself first just to see how it works and if I like it .Your upper leg is quite a good place to practice with non strip if its not too hairy.You can do it sitting down.It won't hurt much and you can practice forming your patches and thickness.
Another tip if you are using euro and have previously used hot wax is dont attempt to try and stir it into the hair like you do hot wax.It makes the euro become sticky and stringy.You don't need to mix it into the hair you just need firm pressure on application.You can bring it up against the hair after you have put it on downwards if the hair is very short as this will then pick up the short hairs into the wax but don't overly play with it.

Last edited:
Looking at some of those other videos that come up there's far too much fuss going on with the armpits.Id be rolling off the bed I hate my armpits overplayed with.Far too much touching,pressing and over rubbing.

Thanks everyone. So far I have practiced on a back, my mams upper lip and my own arm and leg. I will use a drop of oil to see if this helps
Unfortunately no discovery days are in my area anytime soon but they are holding my details for when they do.
I did find you can over play with the wax like you can swirl other hot wax about I find pr sets too fast so it's just the application I made I can't get a good "end " on the strip so that I. An remove it confidently. However practice makes perfect and I shall be watching the videos to get some tips. Shame some of them aren't really close up but I haven't looked at the suggested I was as yet.
Thanks again everyone I shall let you know when I fall in love with this wax when the penny finally drops! X

The oil with the wax really isn't an option it is a necessity with this wax or you will have bits to pick off.You can also end up grazing the skin as it has a pretty strong grip.

I find doing lip in 4 sections easier and I find that the wax picks up the hair better. I also pick up (flick up) the edge with the spatula (the side that has wax on it). The wax sticks to the wax and voila!
I do it in smaller sections because the wax sets up pretty quickly and by the time (if you are slower) you reach the end of the strip the wax is set up a little bit and it doesn't grab the hair as well.

I use Cirepil Blue (American version of PR Euroblonde). It's fabulous so don't get discouraged! I also waxed with strip wax for years so my first attempt at hard wax was very frustrating. I absolutely love it now and have excellent results!
Before PR I just did facial waxing as an addition to other services that's all.
Since I started using PR I totally fell in love with waxing and I'm obsessed LOL
I just cant wait to wax people ;)

Ps. The oil is a must. 1 drop is enough for the whole lip. I apply a drop on my glove and then apply it with my finger from the glove.
If the wax is sliding off you used too much oil.
Just pull the wax, wipe the oil with a clean wipe and reapply the wax

Last edited:
I've done a short vid of a lip wax this evening after training. One of my lovely students volunteered. Now I've just got to try to remember how to post it. Back soon!

Yay! Kim! ( What a Star :) Xx

Looking forward to this video x

Kim makes everything look so easy. But i must admit you will get used to working with the wax very soon. It takes a couple of go's. Then you too will be saying bobs your uncle and fannies your aunt lol. We do love you kim ;-) xx

Thanks so much for that Kim! My application compared to yours looked like warm wax, practically transparent and ultra thin! It's encouraged me to try again with a healthier amount of wax! :) x

Latest posts

Back