Perron Rigot wax - amazing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi there, after reading all these posts i am going to order some PR wax asap, i have a large hive wax heater, would i put the tin of warm wax in it or do you put the wax in a new metal insert, sorry if this sounds like a daft question.

You would use a new/clean empty insert for hot wax, some tins can be used directly in the heater but I would check that with the supplier or maybe another geek will know.

Goodness! What a great thread! I already bought my waxing system but am not happy with it. It was something I had used before but do not feel confident with it and do not feel it is of the best quality to offer my clients. Reading this thread has been amazing and I really feel confident with the PR brand! I'm ordering now and can't wait to receive it!
Thanks everyone for your input on this thread, even it was was months ago :)

Jane

Hey Kim,
I noticed you "liked" my comment, so let me ask you.... I am putting my order together for the PR wax and want to purchase a triple wax warmer to be able to have the most options for my clients. I was thinking of purchasing the hard wax Euroblonde, the strip wax Cristal Ocean, and then am debating between the green tea strip wax and the Nacree Blanche cream wax. Could you offer any suggestions to a thrid wax?
I'd appreciate any advice!!
Thanks
Jane

My advice on the multiple heaters... don't.

Get individual heaters instead - if you get a multiple and one of them fails would you bin the whole thing or have a "dead" 1/2 or 1/3 taking up valuable space? If you have individual ones you can if need be discard just the broken one and replace that :)

Oh and whilst I haven't used PR tea tree wax - I'd personally avoid waxes with teatree - everyone on my course back in the day, myself included, had more reactions to teatree waxes than normal ones...
I personally use the Berins Cream wax so taking brands out of it I'd go with the cream wax :)

Thanks,
I appreciate the insight!!
Jane

Hey Kim,
I noticed you "liked" my comment, so let me ask you.... I am putting my order together for the PR wax and want to purchase a triple wax warmer to be able to have the most options for my clients. I was thinking of purchasing the hard wax Euroblonde, the strip wax Cristal Ocean, and then am debating between the green tea strip wax and the Nacree Blanche cream wax. Could you offer any suggestions to a thrid wax?
I'd appreciate any advice!!
Thanks
Jane
Hi Jane. I never knew you could get a triple wax heater! I don't like the double ones, so I guess the triple one would annoy me even more:) If one of the heaters breaks, then you're either stuck with the big thin but you're only able to us one side or you have to throw the whole thing.

I don't like the way that they are usually 1000cc on one side and 500cc on the other the other side. As I only wax all day, I have four 1000cc's on the go. Two with Euroblonde and Two with Cristal Ocean. All of the Perron waxes are amazing but these two are my favourites and I use them to wax every part of the male and female body with no trouble at all. If you really want a third wax, maybe you should go for Crisatalline or Pure (both hot waxes) as they're great for sensitive skin.

I hate cream waxes and I apply my Cristal Ocean so thinly that it looks like oil on the skin. Very economical too. x

Thanks so much! It does make sense that when and if part of the machine breaks it'd be a pain but I would just think having multiple single pots would take up so much room. Oh well, I guess I have to think long term and what will be the most reliable.
Would you also recommend the Hive 1000cc wax pots, or any warmer in particular? I am going to place the order on Beauty Express so those are my options. The 1000cc ones get pretty pricy but if I'm going to be spending this much money, I would rather pay a bit more to get the right equipment.
Also, I am set on the Ocean and Euroblonde waxes so I think I'll stick to those too.
Thanks everyone for chiming in. I have learned so much in such a short time reading all the threads!!

xx Jane

I make do with 2 heaters - one strip wax and one non-strip - sometimes if I have a real busy day it can be a little bit of a struggle to time it right - if anything I would have 2 strip waxes only as I use more of them :)
I have a 500 and 1000 hive - seem to be getting on fine with that :) But a lot will depend on how much waxing you're likely to be doing... I prefer working from a 500, but need the 1000 for volume LOL

PR dont have a tea tree wax, its with green tea.. and its a very nice wax. I also use both Cristal ocean and Nacree Blanche and can recommend both.
Jack

Thanks so much! It does make sense that when and if part of the machine breaks it'd be a pain but I would just think having multiple single pots would take up so much room. Oh well, I guess I have to think long term and what will be the most reliable.
Would you also recommend the Hive 1000cc wax pots, or any warmer in particular? I am going to place the order on Beauty Express so those are my options. The 1000cc ones get pretty pricy but if I'm going to be spending this much money, I would rather pay a bit more to get the right equipment.
Also, I am set on the Ocean and Euroblonde waxes so I think I'll stick to those too.
Thanks everyone for chiming in. I have learned so much in such a short time reading all the threads!!

xx Jane
Hive heaters are great but you can find the same heaters by different brands. The heaters are probably made in China and various companies put their names on them. CHeck out the bigger sites for special offers on 1000cc heaters. x

PR dont have a tea tree wax, its with green tea.. and its a very nice wax. I also use both Cristal ocean and Nacree Blanche and can recommend both.
Jack

My apologies Jack,
I'm learning so much about this brand in such a short time, I wrote the wrong name...green tea/tea tree....oops. Sorry about that. Thanks for pointing it out because I was having some questions about having tea tree in a wax, now those questions have been answered lol.
Would you say it's better on sensitive skin primarily? I am going to order the Cristal Ocean and Euroblonde, but was debating now over a possible third wax, if at all. I just need to find some good heaters and I'm ready to purchase! You all have been an amazing resource!!

Jane

Jane, Im not sure if you are able to attend one of PR Discovery days. They are a great way to go along and try all the waxes for yourself and see which ones you prefer.
Cristal Ocean is Hypoallergenic and therefore much better on sensitive skin. I use the Nacree Blanche as I find the cream waxes sometimes works better for some areas when clients have coarse hair.. So I have always have two strip waxes on the go. NB is enriched with sweet almond oil so its a nice wax on legs etc..
HTH Jack

This is a great thread!! I have learned so much, thanks to everyone.

I was wondering if anyone has used the green PR waxes such as the greenepil?

Also i read earlier in the thread that some of you are using the cartridge system for legs... this seems like a good idea as it is still the great quality wax. They come in 100g cartridges just like the Hive ones do so i was wondering if i could use these with the hive cartridge system???!

I have just got my order of 1L blue, 1L jasmine oil, 1bag eurose non strip, 500ml refreshing lotion. I am CHUFFED TO BITS!

Next to order my 3 bags of Euroblonde and two pots of crystal ocean and a taster of green tea wax if available.

I really do like the look of these Perron rigot cartridges for waxing the legs so if anyone has any opinions or advice and if you can use the cartridges with the hive cartridge system then i would LOVE to hear :)

Thanks everyone!
Imogen :D

Hi guys, i trained using Lycon hot wax for Hollywoods using their pre treatment oil. Does PR have a similar hot wax system?

Hi guys, i trained using Lycon hot wax for Hollywoods using their pre treatment oil. Does PR have a similar hot wax system?
I think that PR is better. Chleo Enterprises would be your distributor.

Hi everyone
This has been a really useful read. I am thinking of investing in roller system and wasn't sure to go with jasmine or hibiscus or has anyone got any other suggestions? I'll be on the move so I think this system will be better for me.
I am going to use the euro blonde for my Brazilian waxing as its so highly recommended.
Does anyone know what use you get from a cartridge ie one full leg only ect from experience of working with it, I know it depends in the person but a rough idea. Also is anyone else using PR roller how many do you think I need? Ie should have two heaters? Also do they have disposable heads that can be changed?
Sorry if my questions seem silly it just new to me :) x

The Cristal Ice roller is the hypoallergenic version which is very good and a popular roller wax, also the mens wax that PR do on a roller is very nice and has a lovely fresh marine fragrance.

All the PR rollers are with fixed heads and are disposable.

As with all rollers having at least two will enable you to wax a bit faster. The PR rollers are good but you can also use the PR rollers with other heaters that use the 100g size rollers.

HTH Jack

Thank you jack. :) do you have any recommendations on rollers as you use roller yourself don't you :)

Latest posts

Back